Pre 1.2 【TNT !!!】How to kill THE DESTROYER in 5 seconds ~~~

Discussion in 'Guides' started by criticalMass, Dec 27, 2011.

1. MiniManolinho Bone Serpent

The Dymanite would blow the sand up. Therefore fail.

OT: This is pretty awesome, I must say. I can't see how it would work legitly though...
    I would, however, go with a bridge with strategically placed Explosives and Switches also. That way I could blow the Destroyer from time to time, while not being hurt. It would be hard, though.
  2. gp2.eXe Slimed Zombie

That wouldn't work. The blast Radius of the Explosives is very big, and the only practical thing that it doesn't blow up is Dungeon Bricks. Sand Blocks will get blown out after the first explosion. :p

Same with Hellstone/Meteorite. And the lava is there as a protective measure, you can be taking the damage directly from The Destroyer and then you have no problems.

Edit:
    Define legitly? What criticalMass posted and what I did on the video can be done 100% legit, sure it was expensive and a bit time consuming to craft all those explosives, but it was legit. :)
  3. MiniManolinho Bone Serpent

I mean without item hacking. It would require a lot of time to get enough coins for enough Dynamite and Wires for so much Explosives. It's just for fun, indeed.
  4. odink1ll Green Slime

I could easily do this legitly, one blood moon spent in my goldfish/bunny machine and I have the cash
  5. gp2.eXe Slimed Zombie

Umm... define item hacking? The money I used was from long ago when I used to farm the EoW for Demonite. :p
    Now I have a Goldfish Farm that I don't consider cheating as it was developed for that purpose. But I agree with you, it does take a lot of time to set up all of it.

This all the way. :)
  6. mtq1 Wraith

Why use lava when hellstone exists? Nice exploit. I tried just doing all the wiring properly so as to fully automate it. When that failed i supplied my team with several hundred grenades. After that I tried dynamite. Then i tried attacking it and it died.
  7. odink1ll Green Slime

1.1: Hellstone can now be destroyed by dynamite or bombs while in Hardmode.
  8. mtq1 Wraith

Almost forgot.*takes deep breath*

*WHY FIGHT DESTROYER WHEN YOU CAN BLOW IT UP?*
    GrandmageBob likes this.
  9. bohl0s Green Slime

thats very cool but i am sorry i dont understand, what's the purpose of the slime/crab devices ?
  10. MiniManolinho Bone Serpent

They are there to activate the Explosive as soon as you throw it. It's not Dynamite, it's the "Explosives" item that can only be activated by the new Wiring System. I hope it took off all your doubts?
  11. Shotte Dark Caster

This should be renamed to: How to BE The Destroyer in 5 seconds
    Paranσid, candyo1965, FN7 and 5 others like this.
  12. Frostbitethetoad The Groom

That's regular hellstone. Hellstone brick is still fine.
  13. gp2.eXe Slimed Zombie

I had already tested with Hellstone Bricks, Hellstone and Meteorite, none of them withstand the blast.
  14. odink1ll Green Slime

Unlike Hellstone itself, Hellstone Bricks are vulnerable to all explosions.
  15. The Ottoman Rogue The Survivor

16. Dark_Reaper115 Doctor Bones

Oh my... Oh my freaking god...
    Wait...
    Good. Now you own me a pair of jeans...

But...what happens if you blow a TNT while you are not inmune to damage? Maybe due server lag...
    candyo1965 likes this.
  17. gp2.eXe Slimed Zombie

Worst case scenario, you blow up into a million bits and wasted a Mechanical Worm. Nothing you don't do during normal game play. :D
    Sandaasu and k0rd like this.
  18. ethancrook99 Slimed Zombie

This is an amazing idea, and now I'm punching myself in the face repeatedly for failing at destroyer so many times just to see this... (Not literally, I'm not insane....)
  19. Violetta Squirrel

Very impressive!!!
    You spend approx 37 TNT = 37 wires + 111 dynamits = 57,35 golds. Not too much.
    Thanx to criticalmass for this finding!
  20. PowerCosmic Werewolf

The amount of coinage spent on it is what makes it impractical. I won't deny that it's cool, but damn - my Dao of Pow gets the job done and costs 0 gold.