505 Games - Follow up to the console announcement

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by 505Games, Sep 17, 2012.

1. 505Games 505Games

Thank you for your feedback following our announcement. We are such huge Terraria fans at 505 Games, absolutely in awe of all the amazing things that you have put together already in Terraria, and we just knew we had to bring this game to XBLA and PSN. We approached Andrew for the rights and the rest is history! We're really excited about coming on board and having the opportunity to open up the world of Terraria as far and as wide as possible.

To clear a few things up - Andrew himself is not working directly on developing the console version, although we are working together closely to ensure the game is exactly right. Engine Software are on development duties and are also creating the new content.

We will be able to let you know more about this over the coming months. We're listening to all your comments and really appreciate the feedback. We will keep you posted with news.

Update: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threa...onsole-announcement.92006/page-7#post-1889650
    Update 2: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/welcome.92344/
    Update 3: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/terraria-console-trailer.92461/
    Battle Kid, Omnir, itai1998 and 9 others like this.
  2. Mikelmao Green Slime

I look forward to getting more informaion such as which new features will be included and will these features also be available for the platform which made terraria as big as it is now: PC..Either way, im getting the xbox version ^^
    Kelp likes this.
  3. Gmodlol61 Necromancer

>Appreciate feedback
    >More than half forum raging and despising the idea
    AMAZING COMMUNITY CARE 10/10 WOULD BE A PART AGAIN.
    Also I'd like to know if the new content actually comes to PC, but I doubt we're going to get the answer honestly.
    pitfall, Cricket and GoldenPhoenix 97 like this.
  4. Mikelmao Green Slime

Ye i doubt any time soon :(
  5. AzureMetal Dungeon Spirit

I'd just like to know what some of the content might be like, instead of having 5 or so big news threads about the same thing really.
    Gmodlol61 likes this.
  6. AyeAye12 Paladin

Welcome, sorry for bitter raging community and I really hope you integrate with us a lot more than Red. Without firing your PR.
  7. Jaylar Giant Worm

Is it to much for 505 to ask you guys to wait? We all know they are going to make the game as best they can so why don't we let them do their thing and we'll do ours (Whatever that may be...)
  8. Gmodlol61 Necromancer

Lets just hope they actually live up to making it good, I've checked their website and well, found some pretty weird game releases including zumba workout.
    I honestly hope they won't end up making some items into fitness weapons, imagine dancing the wall of flesh to death.
  9. Eikester Possessed Armor

is it really to hard to drop a little line in your post like:

-yes the new content will be also for pc

or

-no, the new content is console only

?

i dont get it why none of you (including red) wont answer this little question, its one of the main reasons for the rageing on the forums these days.
  10. AyeAye12 Paladin

That would be pretty awesome though XD
    Oscurita, Mr.Bear and Gmodlol61 like this.
  11. DungeonMaster Squirrel

I can't wait to see what the talent behind Hotel For Dogs and Fashion Designer can do for Terraria that Gaslamp Games were denied the opportunity to. Good luck, guys!

Also

If that new content is going to be exclusive to the consoles, quite a few people here dislike you immediately. You're telling a community of PC gamers that already own the game that you're developing content they can't access without buying the game all over again when it's incredibly easy to patch content into PC games / sell it as DLC.
    Stackerzgame and Gmodlol61 like this.
  12. Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

How about you clear up actual important things? Like are you going to screw all of us on pc?
    Bunny, Crazyon, daleksax and 3 others like this.
  13. Lord Carver Possessed Armor

I have a few questions. First off, you may find me to be a rather fun fan. I'm sure the others can fill you in on this.

But now for the questions!

1. How are you better than gaslamp games, who Red completely rejected?

2. Are you going to port terraria to Mac? It would seem even more of a backstab if console users got their terraria, but the mac community gets left to some rusty wrapper put together with scrap metal and bailing wire.

3. Will you be a part of the community, or only appear when you make random announcements?

4. How do you feel about the modding community remaking any console exclusive content?

5. Will the new content be for PC as well?
  14. rubeszilla Flying Snake

Holy fuck. I just had to login to say congrats to Andrew. I hope this brings in some serious cashola to fund Re-Logic and help develop your next game.

I don't own a console but best wishes for you 505 games.

300+ hours @ $4.50 = Best Value Game Ever.

Thanks again and happy sales!
    505Games and topazg like this.
  15. Gmodlol61 Necromancer

This is the point where you realize that re-logic isn't going to develop another game as far as we know.
    bamseper likes this.
  16. W1K ded

Grats for the port and taking Red's trust even after he said he wasn't going to give out the sources. The questions Carver did would be pretty awesome to be answered. That's pretty much what the entire community is wondering about all the entire thing after the announcement was made.
    Cricket and Lord Carver like this.
  17. Umbra Vorago Hell Bat

Loving how the OP which is to some, with all due respect, a huge middle finger, has had no likes yet, at all. Yet every sarcastic remark, slating comment, and generally anything questioning if they are going to put down the huge middle finger by giving us Terraria players, that have already paid for the copy of the game, the updates too, or whether they're just savouring the moment before they cram the finger up our ass without any lubrication and tell us we have to pay, have all been liked.

What a wonderful, understanding, supportive community we have.
  18. kirabook Ex-Min

I just want to say, I think it would be a really good idea for you guys to post progress and announcements often and regularly. People around here can't seem to handle information droughts and it ended up bad in the long run for the original PC development. ;)
  19. DigLobster Green Slime

It could be that the deal worked out between 505 and Red won't allow them to update the PC version. I've seen plenty of deals in the past where a dev team has picked up a license for a specific platform only. Maybe 505 don't have access to the PC version source code, that could explain why the 505 deal got an okay when the Gaslamp one didn't.

Just throwing this in because I don't think it would be 505 giving us the middle finger if their enhancements weren't backported to the PC one.

(Hi all, I've been lurking here since about January, didn't have anything to say before though)

[Edited to sort out font size]
    Oscurita and kirabook like this.
  20. themurumasa Lava Slime

I don't like the way they seem to be avoiding the question "Will PC users get access to the new content?" A simple yes or no would be sufficient. If they haven't yet made a decision then fine, but the silence makes me think that they are simply avoiding the question because they know that the answer will cause even more anger.

I was quite supportive in my recent video, but my opinion is starting to change. I understand that it is not 505 games obligation to bring the content to PC in any way. But if nothing else, at least be honest.
    Stackerzgame, W1K and Wolfy910 like this.