[Accessory] Early Terraria Buildup: Branching Development of Shackles

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Jojiro, Nov 25, 2012.

?

Everything here is pretty easy to make in a mod. Should I just go ahead and make it?

Yes 6 vote(s) 100.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Jojiro Hornet

The concept is as follows:

Terraria has a multitude of items that players tend to get on the surface that are immediately useful, but rapidly become obsolete. A prominent example is the shackle, though there are others, as mentioned below.

These items continue to accumulate even through Hardmode, because, of course, you continue to kill Zombies, continue to find surface or near-surface chests, ad finitem.

While you could sell these things, most RPG games handle this by allowing continuous upgrades of the redundant items so that they remain useful. I am proposing this, specifically for the following common items:
    • Shackles
    • Aglets
    • Spear
    • Blowpipe
    • Wooden Boomerang
    • Shuriken
    Shackle.png
    + Coral = Seastone Shackle (+2 Defense)
    + Ebonstone = Corrupt Shackle (Permanent Darkness, +3 Defense)
    + Iron Chain= Hefty Shackle (Permanent Slow, +3 Defense)
    + Demonite = Sealing Shackle (Permanent Silence, +3 Defense)
    + Leather = Furry Cuff (+1 Defense, + 2% Crit)
    + Pearlstone = Hallowed Shackle (Shine Buff, + 3 Defense)
    + Obsidian Skull = Fireskull Shackle (No fire blocks, + 2 Defense)
    + Hellstone = Hellstone Shackle (Obsidian Skin, +2 Defense)

Aglet.png
    + Aglet = Aiguillette (9% Speed)

And for the rest, simple additions: Spear + Gold Bar gets you a Trident, and Trident + Shadow Scales + Obsidian + Demonite Bars gets you an early Dark Lance.

Shuriken can be remade with spikes into Spiky Balls or with leather for the handle into Throwing Knives.

The Wooden Boomerang can be made into an Enchanted one with a mana crystal.

For the Blowpipe, I was thinking:
    Add a lens to make it a blowgun Blowgun.png
    Add feathers and antlion mandibles to that to make it a ceremonial blowgun Ceremonial Blowgun.png
    rubeszilla and bmrjw like this.
  2. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

I like it. But why stop just before hardmode?

Also it would suck if you threw away the aglets in your world. Then you would miss out on all those upgrades.
  3. Jojiro Hornet

Do you have more shackle suggestions? Feel free to suggest!
  4. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

I really just think you should carry it out until end game.
  5. Jojiro Hornet

Examples?
  6. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Mythril Ore + Shackle = 6 Defense and Extra chance of critical hits in the Jungle Biome
  7. bmrjw Green Slime

Hallowed shackle?
    Shackle + 2 adamantite bars, 2 mythril bars, 2 cobalt bars = Hallowed shackle
    Gives 5 defense, +5% attack speed, +5% crit, -5% mana usage?
  8. skulledrebel Zombie

Any objections to my making this into a tConfig mod? I needed ideas (and possibly the sprites if I can use them because I'm lazy).

Edit - Working on it at the moment regardless, might do a bit more than suggested here and no guarantee the sprites won't be crap/recolors of stuff already in game. I won't release it if there's a problem.