Pre 1.2 [Adv][RP] Wizard's Tower Co-Op Adventure Map

Discussion in 'Released Maps' started by PortalShifter, Nov 7, 2011.

1. PortalShifter Lava Slime

Welcome to my seventh adventure map, WIZARD'S TOWER.

[IMG]

This map is a co-op adventure map with an RPG setting. You play as an apprentice wizard, learning a magical specialty by undertaking quests inside a gigantic wizard's tower. You choose to study one of four magic specializations, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. Map supports 1-4 players. Recommended for 2-3 players.

Features:

* 13 detailed quests with different types of objectives

* 4 unique mage classes: Invoker, Illusionist, Rune Master, Spirit Guide

* Comprehensive alchemy system that teaches you how to craft many types of potions

* Battles in multiple biomes including an intense underwater boss battle and corrupted Hell

* Discover your true magical power and become a Master Wizard!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Version 1.1
    * added water candle for all classes (to help with monster spawning)
    * added five vines as an alternate quest objective for the "Secret Ingredient" quest
    * redesigned spawn points, no more sequence breaking
    * Red Wizard now gets Flamelash early game and Flower of Fire late game

Version 1.2
    * redesigned quests with monster spawners
    * kill 50 quests reduced to kill 10
    * added many new weapons, accessories, and armor from 1.1
    * new boss fights
    * new traps in the corruption, labyrinth, and target range levels
    * new lighting

LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?5ke431y0n97i754

And of course, always back up your files before putting anything in your maps folder.

Attached Files:

2. orrick69 Squirrel

nice is it me or are u the best rpg map maker for terraria :D
  3. Novate Bone Serpent

I am a terrible wizard this will only end badly, but hopefully the failing will be hilarious!
  4. confuzzledyma Administrator

5. LordZoma Green Slime

I thoroughly enjoyed this map. The quests are thought out and fun. Though my favorite part is certainly the very bottom of your tower. I've added parts of the tower to my conglomeration server, and at the moment, the final chamber of your tower is the world's global spawn. Available to play at the link below, or download from the second link.
  6. MasterDude Green Slime

Can i play this by myself or do i need other people to play this?
  7. DerpoTheMagnificent Possessed Armor

this looks crazy hard! but also really fun at the same time! mmm what the heck, I'l try it.
  8. PortalShifter Lava Slime

Awwww thanks. I appreciate that. I put a lot of time and effort into making maps like these. My girlfriend yells at me sometimes for planning Terra maps while we watch movies :p

W00t! :cool:

Well as I said in the OP, I recommend 2-3 players for this map, but you should be able to complete everything in single player if you have some patience. The boss battles may take a few tries. Just remember to keep your potions active, and you should be fine.

For anyone who wants to play: I will be hosting this map sometime in the next hour. Post here or PM me to join!
  9. Marshalite Demon Eye

Can I join?
  10. PortalShifter Lava Slime

Sure I think I'll host in about half an hour now. I'll PM you with server info.
  11. Danorpx Voodoo Demon

I want to join, can i?????
  12. PortalShifter Lava Slime

Server is up guys check your inbox.
  13. S'now Face Green Slime

darn, REALLY wish i could play with you... :( don't have time though...
    could you add me on steam so we might be able to play some maps together, sometime? (its in sig)
  14. Captain-Awesome Green Slime

I just started this map, And I would say it was great if I could play it, I read the first sighn and a harpy managed to get in D=

Attached Files:

15. Noahtek Green Slime

That happened to me too, so i grabbed a random phaseblade, killed it, put the phaseblade back, and then continued my choosing of wizard type.
  16. Kewlan Demon Eye

No thanks, not my type of game.
  17. veggieboy1 Green Slime

Does anyone want to play it with me in a half an hour?
  18. orrick69 Squirrel

sure
  19. veggieboy1 Green Slime

What's your Steam username? I'll message you when I'm ready, and join my hamachi network

Network ID: yaywizard
    Pass: yay
  20. orrick69 Squirrel

hamchi then i can't join sry D: