Pre 1.2 [Adv][Surv] Silent Hill 2 Adventure Map

Discussion in 'Released Maps' started by Vaguabond, Dec 18, 2011.

?

Choose the next Silent Hill installement for Terrraria

1. Silent Hill (PS1)

33.3%
  2. Silent Hill 3

29.2%
  3. Silent Hill 4: The Room

37.5%
  1. Vaguabond

Vaguabond Zombie

[​IMG]
    (Click the banner to download)

Play as James Sunderland in this custom Terraria map, who's on quest to find his wife in Silent Hill.

Features
    • - Single Player Adventure which mostly uses Guns as primary weapon.
    • - Large, dark labyrinths and dungeons.
    • - It's dark everywhere, only your torch to light you up
    • - Adventure that's inspired on Silent Hill 2's story and setting.
    • - 4 Difficulty Mode.
    • - 4 Endings.
    • - Adventure that last about 2 hours
    Rules
    • - New Character Only. Dump your starting items.
    • - Keep your Copper Short-sword at the beginning if you're not confidant enough.
    • - Do not craft Torches or Wooden Platforms
    • - When you acquire the axe or pickaxe, do not axe/pick any block unless a Sign tells you to.
    • - You can use any usable bed as a Checkpoint.
    • - Follow the Signs. They may contain hints as to what to do next.
    • - You can use the Wrench and the Wire Cutter as much as you want once you find them...
    Enjoy a restful and peaceful vacation....

Click "Show Spoilers" to see the change log.
    Show Spoiler
    • - 4th Ending Added: Merry Christmas!
    • - Bullet Adjust: Cut out around 3000 bullets of each type.
    • - Weapon Adjust: Removed Flintlock Pistol, Removed Minishark, Removed Dark Lance, Removed Night's Edge, Debuffed Shotgun and Flamethrower, Buffed Musket, Added Breaker Blade. Pistol and Musket position changed.
    • - Aesthetics: Optimized Intro's dirt, stone and grass. Added more tree variations. Polished some background buildings. Polished some background walls here and there. Added some background windows in Hotel. Added some background Ads along the way to the Historical Society.
    • - Moved Pete's Bowl-o-Rama in between Heaven's Night and Brookhaven Hospital.
    • - Demon Torches added to all Boss Rooms.
    • - The Guide is now starring as Eddy Dumbrowski...
    • - Mandatory Typo Fix like every update
    • - King Slime is now in the boss rosters.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• - Fixed "Hell" that could not be finished due to World Border Limit.
    • - Fixed some typos... again.
    • - Fixed the EoW room's wood platforms to be more user-friendly.
    • - New Difficulty Added: Very Easy.
    • - Added a Colored Torch chest for Easy difficulty.
    • - Added Colored Torches at some places.
    • - Added some complementary Wire Switch rooms.
    • - Added a couple of new weapons, accessories and misc items from Terraria's 1.1 update.
    • - Pete's Bowl-o-Rama added.

• - Added a second door the Historical Society. Breaking down the wood patch canceled the Spawn point and sets it back to the beginning. Credit goes to Curse Forge user Rootbeerbottle for pointing this out.
    • - Added a bed before the Eater of World battle room.
    • - Moved the bed to the right after the Eater of World battle room. It could be clicked through the fence, which made the battle room skip-able by dying.

• - Changed the Wood Side Apartment's Red Brick to Green Brick. More enemy spawn.
    • - Added more mine shafts in the Wiltse Coal mine to make it more confusing.
    • - Some spots here and there needed to be patched with Walls.
    • - Added an hint after the first jump in the Prison.
    • - Added a note about the Eye of Cthulhu on the Evil Hospital's Roof.
    • - Fixed a bunch of typos in the signs.
    • - NEW DUNGEON: Evil Lake View Hotel.

• - Increased Wood Side/Blue Creek Apartment's roof size to force enemy spawn inside the buildings.
    • - Added a Bed checkpoint in the Historical Society and the Prison.
    • - Redesigned the docks. Added a lighthouse and a lighthouse keeper room.
    • - Added some wooden platforms in the "impossible" areas of the Wiltse Coal mine. You can still craft platforms and the Grappling Hooks stays.
    • - Added a chest to a "secret" location.
    • - Name in Terraria changed from "Silent Hill" to "Silent Hill 2 Adv. Map vX.XX".

• - Changed the position of the torch. It was too dark to see...
    • - Added the Grappling Hook. The Wiltse Coal Mine was too hard without it. It's still possible to complete the map without the Grappling Hook.

• - Map Done

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Related Links

This map was made using Terraria, TEdit and Terraria Inventory Edit

For more information on Silent Hill 2:
    Silent Hill Heaven
    Silent Hill 2 on Wikipedia
    Konami's Silent Hill HD Collection Homepage
    Youtube "Let's Play" Links

My own Youtube Playlist featuring everyone below.

RoyalShadowz : Royal's Terraria Silent Hill 2 Playthrough 01
    Sn3kynite : Silent Hill Adventure Ep.1 - time to go to town
    Uppercuthero : Silent Terraria 2 part 1 Mary, could you really be in this town?
    miguelloquendo999 : Terraria Custom Map - Silent Hill - Part 01
    coolsoandrew : Terraria: Silent Hill 2 Adventure Part 1: My First Handgun/Introduction
    TheRustBucket1 : Terraria - Silent hill 2 pt 1 | lots of signs
    TheBink1000 : Terraria Silent Hill Adven. Map Ep.1
    VIDEODUDES1234 : Terraria Custom Map Silent Hill 2 Part 1 The Story
    JavenHD : Terraria - Silent Hill 2 Adv Map! Created By Vaguabond
    orbb24 : Terraria Custom Map: Silent Hill 2 Part 1
    thecrikmaster1 : Terraria: Silent Hill 2! part 1
    MaNCorEmeansGODlike : TERRARIA MAP REVIEWS EPISODE 1 Silent hill 2 map PART 1
    Nibhuru : #Terraria - Let's Play Silent Hill 2 Parte 1 (Português)
    Eddy1108TheGamer : Terraria: Silent Hill 2 Adventure Map Ep.1 : Radio-GPS?
    RafaellaKilana : Kara Plays: Terraria (Custom Map) Silent Hill: Into The Scary!

Super Epic Awesome Scream from Terraria

Zoodletec likes this.
  2. Vaguabond

Vaguabond Zombie

Ok, I've been waiting for hours for Curse Forge to approve my latest update on this map.
    The Curse Page and this post have been updated ever since I uploaded it.
    I just received an email saying the file is rejected because of Top-Level File presence.
    So... I'll just upload it here for now.
    If anyone sees anything else in this archive beside the WLD and BAK, let me know.

Change log below:
    • - 4th Ending Added: Merry Christmas!
    • - Bullet Adjust: Cut out around 3000 bullets of each type.
    • - Weapon Adjust: Removed Flintlock Pistol, Removed Minishark, Removed Dark Lance, Removed Night's Edge, Debuffed Shotgun and Flamethrower, Buffed Musket, Added Breaker Blade. Pistol and Musket position changed.
    • - Aesthetics: Optimized Intro's dirt, stone and grass. Added more tree variations. Polished some background buildings. Polished some background walls here and there. Added some background windows in Hotel. Added some background Ads along the way to the Historical Society.
    • - Moved Pete's Bowl-o-Rama in between Heaven's Night and Brookhaven Hospital.
    • - Demon Torches added to all Boss Rooms.
    • - The Guide is now starring as Eddy Dumbrowski...
    • - Mandatory Typo Fix like every update
    • - King Slime is now in the boss rosters.

Attached Files:

3. Sneak is pure WIN

Sneak is pure WIN Green Slime

Awesome map you have got there. = ] Good job for updating your map to the current version because not many maps are up to date right now. I will definitely give this map a try, just not right now. =P

4. Vaguabond

Vaguabond Zombie

Thanks for the support. Not everyone has the time to update during the Holidays.

Again, let me know if you see anything else beside the WLD and BAK file in the archive.

5. Sneak is pure WIN

Sneak is pure WIN Green Slime

You're welcome. = ] Sure thing, will do, pal.

6. Vaguabond

Vaguabond Zombie

The issue on Curse Forge as been resolved. v1.2 is now available if you click on the banner....

Attached Files:

7. BaggityMan

BaggityMan Green Slime

Just began playing it, and I must give you props. As a fan of the series, I am really enjoying the map. Would there be a way to make a soundtrack of sorts to go with this? Like somehow edit the audio? I think that'd work very well. (Or, I could do it myself if I knew how).

Anyhow! I'll give a detailed analysis later. So far, I'm liking how well you've used the mechanics of the game. If you do happen to want to make future maps, I'll look forward to em. Or if you made some before.. :eek: Never checked

8. FireMLTRS

FireMLTRS Squirrel

Oh my god the hell part. @_@

9. MarcosL

MarcosL Piranha

I really liked the map, the story is great and it's hard but not too hard to get frustrated which makes it awesome
    This is map is a 10/10 ◕ ‿◕

10. Vaguabond

Vaguabond Zombie

Thank you all for the good feedback.

I really feel like v1.2 reflects how I really wanted this map to go down.

v.1.2 might be the final version. The only fix I'd do would be:
    - To move the Xmas continent to the left, making it still accessible with the Gravity Potion
    - Remove the Megashark and replace it with the Minishark.

However, given the fact that I over-updated this map too much, it just might stay like this until Terraria updates content that would be related to this adventure map.

11. TDLB4LIFE

TDLB4LIFE Green Slime

I just had a lot of fun playing it. It was very well-made. Reading through the changelog, I can't believe there was a grappling hook, lol.
    I don't think the sign says anything about the mining helmet, so I was unsure of whether or not to take it. Later on I activated super hard mode by placing my torch at the bottom of the pit after the historic society building then dying. I don't really know if there's much you can do about that, but I don't think I could have survived the swarm of mother slimes while going down that massive staircase in pitch darkness, had it not been for the mining helmet I kept with me.

12. Vaguabond

Vaguabond Zombie

Just above the mannequin is a sign that reads the following: "Mining Helmet: Very Easy Mode. No need to hold or put down your light source as you fight or dig."

As for losing you Torch half-way into hell, it's somewhat an inconvenience. My sign "suggest" that you can put down your torch as you fight, however it's NOT a good idea. And staying put at the same place for too long.

Like the change log says, the grappling hook is optional. I put there for the really desperate people who hate complicated platform jumps. With it, you can get out of the mine pretty quickly. However, no grappling hook or wooden platform is necessary to finish the mine.

Tip: In the Historical Society "Hellevator", instead of going down with your light in hand, shoot downward with your pistol. The bullet's impact noise on the enemy should be enough to put you on your guard.

13. Chuuster

Chuuster Green Slime

Awesome map! It must have taken long to get all the detail to resemble the game, thank you so much for making this! I haven't finished, just got through the underground with a water candle, now for Lakeview :eek:

14. Vaguabond

Vaguabond Zombie

Happy New Year to all Silent Hill tourists.

Now, if any of you figured out what the gibberish picture means....

Attached Files:

Chuuster likes this.
  15. Chuuster

Chuuster Green Slime

Could it be Silent Hill 3!? :D

16. Vaguabond

Vaguabond Zombie

Yes. The thread is in the Work In Progress section. I also posted a small demo.....

17. pgrace

pgrace Green Slime

18. Vaguabond

Vaguabond Zombie

Maybe, but I like how my map can be played in Vanilla Terraria. It's more easy to gain an audience when you just say "download, unzip here, then play". Most people hate fiddling with 3rd party programs and mods, so I guess designing maps with vanilla Terraria in mind is better.

19. Epicdude42

Epicdude42 Green Slime

Definitely giving this a go. Looks good :)

20. Epicdude42

Epicdude42 Green Slime

Yeah, I gave it a go and it's absolutley amazing! Well done for recreating the game so well. I love the pyramid head battle room sign with panic and wasted bullets.