TConfig Aircraft

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Empio, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Empio Blazing Wheel

Written to hopefully work in multiplayer. If anyone can test it, that'd be awesome.

This adds an item called Eaglehorn, which summons flyable aircraft.

Eaglehorn is made from:

10 Souls of Flight
    10 Souls of Night
    5 Shadow Scales

I'd suggest not using this with my Kain mod as there will be conflicts.

Mount/Dismount an aircraft by pressing Left Ctrl and the key you have bound to Up (default is W).

Here is a mirror if you can't download off TO.

Extract the folder to your Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModPacks directory and build with tConfig's Mod Builder.

Screenshots (open)
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Reactorcore Cursed Skull

Amazing presentation. Uncropped images that are also taken during the night and no instructions on how to use the bloody thing.

For fucks sake. Its like the modders in TO dont want people to download their stuff or something.
  3. Classikly Flying Snake

It's funny because the best modders in TO are the ones that make threads like this.
  4. Sgt. Bob Hell Bat

Modding and thread organizing are 2 skills that just don't go together.
  5. Classikly Flying Snake

That's why Cphlebas has people like Jojiro.
    PoroCYon, Bullseye55, Garneac and 3 others like this.
  6. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

The mod explains how to use the thingy perfectly , either that or modders read the mind of each other's.
    Seriously , just get the mod , get the item based on the recipe written in the op , use it for single time , something spawns , you follow instructions and press ctrl+your up key , magic happens and you will be able to fly on the mount spawned.

As for the screenshots , I made 2 of them in the morning in Empio's Kain thread , but I agree that NIGHT images should never be posted unless near a light source.
    Bullseye55 likes this.
  7. Empio Blazing Wheel

OP has been updated, now learn some manners.
  8. DemonoidFX Green Slime

Looks fancy
  9. >:SYNTAX Mouse

wow this is so cool you thould make a bi-plain
  10. Empio Blazing Wheel

Added some more comments to World.cs.
  11. arkoth Green Slime

Hey there, just wanted to say that it's not working in multiplayer for me. It works in single player just fine though - when I summon the mount/aircraft it doesn't animate in mp and won't allow you to get on it with ctrl-up.

Great job on the mod, it's alot of fun :)
    Empio likes this.
  12. Empio Blazing Wheel

Thanks for the response, I'll see if I can fix that.

Updated with a new version.

Also fixed an issue where the player's vehicle could fly off the edge of the world.
    The player can no longer use the grappling hook while they are in a vehicle now.
  13. arkoth Green Slime

Hey Empio, I tried again with your updated version. Still the same problem but this time I get an error message:
    Aircraft Mod Error.png

Hope that helps narrow down the problem. Keep up the great work!

[IMG]
    Empio likes this.
  14. Empio Blazing Wheel

There is a new version up.
  15. arkoth Green Slime

Hey Empio, still no luck. Same problem, but now no error.

Best,
    Your personal lab rat. :)

PS you are FAST with those updates! :p
    Empio likes this.
  16. Empio Blazing Wheel

New version again. Suffering with having to use Terraria's default networking for NPC stuff.

In other news, vehicles now generate light.
    Garneac likes this.
  17. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

^ can make your own netmessages you know.
  18. Empio Blazing Wheel

This is just for telling when a vehicle has spawned. I've still got custom messages in there.
  19. arkoth Green Slime

Hey Empio, no change so far. Won't animate or allow mounting, still works perfectly in single player. Lemme know if you want me to try anything new!

Best,
    Arkoth
    Empio likes this.
  20. Empio Blazing Wheel

It seems ModWorld.UpdateWorld() is only run on the server, not the clients. This complicates things pretty massively.

Turns out it wasn't that hard. Moved the UpdateWorld code into UpdatePlayer. Gonna tidy up a bit then upload it.

New version is up.
    arkoth likes this.