PC An update on things.

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Cenx, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Cenx

Cenx Creative Director Staff Member

Good afternoon Terrarians!

It has been a while since we gave any update on the things we have been working on so I felt it was a good time to get you guys up to speed on things! I will try and keep it short and to the point...​
    • As many of you know we have been working on a new forum as well as a revamped website for Terraria! Crowno and Skiphs have done an amazing job with both of these things! The website is done and the forums are getting very close! We anticipate it being done within the next 2 months. (Trying to throw out a safe timeline.)
    • Yoraiz0r has started looking into Steamworks to get achievements added to the game. Once he has added the first one successfully this will be put on hold until the end of the update. This will give us time to think of the achievements we want and get all the assets needed for them. *There is always a chance for disaster so this is not me making a promise for achievements!*
    • All of the assets are done for one of the new events and most of the tedious programming has been finished. All that is left for this is programming the boss, setting values, and setting the drops.
    • Crowno made a pretty awesome concept for the Lunar Boss that we are going to go with rather than using the falling moon idea.
    • Oh and Skiphs has been working on this for the last few days...

[​IMG]
    *Again, there is always a chance for disaster. We are not promising or guaranteeing that we will release this. It is our intentions to do so but we will not release it unless it plays how it should.*

At this point there is no way I could give a release date or even start to suggest one. Redigit is getting Yoraiz0r and Solsund ready to take over when he moves on to his next game so he has taken more of a managerial approach on this update. We will keep you posted on the status of the update as we move forward so you are not left guessing. :)

2. QuackersDelta

QuackersDelta Fungi Bulb

*Millions of apple users rejoice in harmony*

3. It's a me!

It's a me! Blood Crawler

Wow, spoilers! Great work!

EDIT: Just a quick question: What will happen to TO after those forums are created?

CoStAs 1 likes this.
  4. MahBucket

MahBucket Snatcher

Yay! Apple is getting some love! :D

CoStAs 1 likes this.
  5. dish0ut

dish0ut Gastropod

Sweet, so we aren't fighting the Majora's Mask moon!
    Oh, yeah. Macs. Wooooo.

6. sgt. Sprocket

sgt. Sprocket Slimed Zombie

Oh man.
    The suspense thickens.

CoStAs 1 likes this.
  7. Aeroblop

Aeroblop Shoes

Woop woop! Good job Skiphs!

CoStAs 1 and Yoraiz0r like this.
  8. Gravitronx

Gravitronx Blazing Wheel

Yes finally now it's easier to start up the game for us Mac users :))))))))))))))

CoStAs 1 likes this.
  9. TheUnrealMegashark

TheUnrealMegashark Flying Fish

Very nice! If the Mac version ends up working out, I foresee it making a lot of people happy!

CoStAs 1 and EpicCriddle like this.
  10. Terraria for Mac... a miracle that has been long awaited...

CoStAs 1 and TTStooge like this.
  11. Sodapone

Sodapone Blazing Wheel

I don't have any Mac computers, but I bet some mac users will be happy to hear this!

12. Skiphs

Skiphs Developer

So exiciting! :D

13. DeltaVii

DeltaVii Zombie

Aw yeah, I hope my guessed release date of late summer for 1.3 is a reality :D

CoStAs 1 likes this.
  14. Cansteam

Cansteam Snatcher

oh boy, can't wait.
    edit: woo 1st page

ThePalkiaBlade and CoStAs 1 like this.
  15. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Moderator Staff Member

Very nice!

Now just add a Cthulhu boss, and we can shut down the Suggestions section for good. ;)

just kidding. Mostly.

16. Torque

Torque Slimed Zombie

They are all nice things, but I'm still waiting for the moment when I will play Terraria natively on my favorite OS (which is Linux). Give some love for Tux.

CoStAs 1, rubeszilla and pseudoname like this.
  17. ppowersteef

ppowersteef Dark Caster

ARCHIEVMENTS?
    i'm so exited :D

18. ibuckshot5

ibuckshot5 Zombie

Achivemenents?

#terrariachievements #wow #this #terrachievements #achievementsarewow

CoStAs 1 likes this.
  19. aussiecreeper

aussiecreeper Snatcher

Terraria on Mac.
    Mah gawd.

CoStAs 1 likes this.
  20. ThaChillera

ThaChillera Zombie

Okay I'm gonna be THAT guy and say.. with mac support coming, does the idea of linux support exist? or is this a 'take it slow, let's just finish this port and then see what we do' kinda thing?