Analysis of the Teaser..

Discussion in 'PC' started by Henkedew, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

--This thread contains spoilers: Only look if you want them!--
    Thanks for adding us in the feature, Kane!

Was looking through the Facebook page, and saw how many conspiracies this lead to. I'll post this thread to hopefully lower the amount of conspiracies.

Current 'phase' of decoding the image:
    spoiler alert (open)

[IMG]
    [IMG]

First off: the "Terraria" banner

• There appear to be 3 NPC's ontop of the banner: could this possibly mean another 1.1-like update? (look at the bandcamp's banner, had the 3 new 1.1 npc's)
    • Seems slightly different: like the TerrariaOfficials cover photo (here - it's more cartoony and the r's look different.)
    • Multiple brightened versions have been added in an attempt to get better views: W1ks, Simons (facebook page), W1ks (Cleaner), Mr. Persons
    • There could be other things on top of the logo (some see a tree ontop of the "T", and a lot less/no grass or plants)
    The bottom part:

• Some people seem to think it spells out "iPad" or "Space" - However, it probably is not a PC version. (most logical would be xbox/windows phone, due to xna on them both)
    • Otherwise unreadable: What do you think?
    Post what you think it's about and what you think it is here!
  2. Henkedew Slimed Zombie

On the blurry image, i can see terraria, but in a dark way, also, i can see greenish/pink big mushrooms, so maybe new mushroom items? who knows, all i know is thaty i wont speculate on it at all.
  3. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

In my first post, there are links to 2 lightened out versions: check those.
  4. W1K Suika Ibuki's CYAN Knight

Ya mean the red-green thing close to the right probably-NPC? That might actually be a very blurried version of the red flower on Terraria's original logo. For comparison.
    [IMG]

EDIT: Also here's an even cleaner version.
    185175_399972256735347_70786225_n.png
    Bobrocket likes this.
  5. Mr.Person Moth

I really hope it's a new big update. It's been over 10 months since 1.1 was released and 1.1 took about a half year.
    Ofcourse, maybe it's not a new big update since he got a son just a couple of months ago.

But if it turns out it's for Xbox or iPhone or something, then I will be pissed.
    I wouldn't consider that a "Big New Thing" since it belongs on a PC. Plus I don't think that it would be that useful for anyone on the forums since most people here have Terraria already.
    walllster and PolarBMD like this.
  6. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

I doubt it will be out for the minor iDevices (iPad/iMac), but the porting would be incredibly hard and would be ineffective, IMO. a console port wouldn't be too smart.
  7. Mr.Person Moth

True.

Anyways, I did an attempt at trying to get a clearer image of what space dots were.
    From it all I got a lot of green. A lot. Then some more brownish and gray(From the dots in general or rock? : o)
    Anyways, I belive the bottom part is dirt and rock and such, and the stuff on it is NPC's/Player and then some flowers or uncut grass on the sides.

HereWeGo.png
    We can clearly see that it DOES SAY TERRARIA. Obviously.
    The bottom part seems to be Dirt, rock and flowers. Possibly an NPC and/or a Player.
    The things on the 'Terraria' is some osrt of NPC's.
    walllster likes this.
  8. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

I do think that it's the merging of the dirt layer and the dirt-rock layer, with light coming from above.
    also some mod merged threads with a spiderman guy, should have been merged with mine..
  9. Mr.Person Moth

I added a picture of the result from my 'Testing'.
  10. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

Alright: It's added to -my- OP.
    Mr.Person likes this.
  11. PoroCYon Crimera

12. Tiamou Green Slime

The 3 NPC looking things on the picture, well the middle one kinda looks like a penguin to me.. does anyone else see a penguin?

And the first one (far left) looks like a humanoid rudolph the red nosed reindeer :D
  13. PoroCYon Crimera

yeah... and, did you see pedguin's vid?
  14. Tiamou Green Slime

Funny you mentioned that I just logged into Twitter and saw a Tweet from Pedguin for his video on this recent bit of news!
    Comea Cosmos likes this.
  15. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

I think the middle NPC looks more like the wizard to me.
    To decode: each 'block' is seperated by 1 pixel: this represents one "fat pixel" - a 2x2 pixel.

Edit: I think I may have successfully decoded the image: please wait around 5 minutes.
    Tiamou and blumchen like this.
  16. PoroCYon Crimera

O.O YOU DID IT?
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  17. Tiamou Green Slime

You could be right, it may be a wizard, can't wait to see the image! :D
  18. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

The terraria logo SEEMS to be the corruption one, however I need to grab the files from the original game, so give me a bit of time please :)
    Tiamou likes this.
  19. PoroCYon Crimera

sure i will! even if i can't wait... :3
  20. connery0 The Wiremancer

aaaand we have a breakthrough, or i hope so. the corrupt terraria logo is also around the end of the 1.1 vid on steam if thats any help
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.