Anyone else feel like they were thrown under a bus?

Discussion in 'Console' started by Vice, Oct 8, 2012.

?

Do you feel thrown under the buss and will you be buying Terraria on console?

No, but I won't be buying the console version. 54 vote(s) 31.4%
No, I will be buying Terraria on console. 38 vote(s) 22.1%
Yes, I will be buying Terraria on console. 19 vote(s) 11.0%
Yes, and I won't be buying Terraria on console. 61 vote(s) 35.5%
  1. Vice Green Slime

I bought Terraria for myself and three friends back when it first came out. I played hundreds upon hundreds of hours of the game (A lot of hours aren't on my steam profile). I beat every update of the game with my friends and I must admit that it's a bit distressing to see that the console version will get new content. I heard they are getting updates as well which kind of sucks. I just wonder how some other people feel on the matter.
    Mynameisak and King Pikmin like this.
  2. Lennon Pixie

I agree, its bullshit that we, the original fans and buyers get nothing new. It's not 505's fault though, they got what they could and the PC version unfortunately wasn't it... They can't legally update the game but the modders can.
    alecool34 and Jimi like this.
  3. Sokina Lady in Red

I went ahead and moved this to the console section, since it'll be easier to keep track of here.

I personally don't feel like I was thrown under a bus. I'm sad that the PC version won't be getting any more updates, at the moment, but at the same time I'm really happy that consoles are seeing release of the game. My little brother and sister don't have a computer, but they'd spend hours and hours playing a game like Terraria. So I know for a fact I'll be buying it for them, and I'm happy they get to experience the new content, even if I don't, since I don't plan on buying a PSN copy for myself.

Unless it ends up coming to Vita somehow.
    Jimi likes this.
  4. Silverity Snow Flinx

Yeah. i think when redigit left he shouldeve atleast updated in something to support modders. i mean, something.
  5. Lennon Pixie

Correction, he lied and said he would and then didn't. What a shitbag.
    Vinyl Luck TTX likes this.
  6. Ricomu Green Slime

Wow. Didn't even know about that til now. That really sucks.
  7. Blu Moderator

Red is a member of this community too, so please try not to directly insult him. His actions regarding Terraria are entirely up for debate, just try to refrain from personal attacks.

I don't really feel I was duped in any way, I mean I want PC updates as much as everyone else here, but Terraria IS Red's property, and he had his reasons for wanting it kept in the condition it was left in (your guess is as good as mine). I probably won't be getting the console version, as I'm not much on a console person unless it's Nintendo... but it really depends on how 505 handles things. So far, they've already impressed me with their communication, involvement, PR skills, and actually answering questions from us. They want to succeed, and they want our help to make Terraria the best possible game ever.

Boycotting the console version actually hurts our chances of seeing updates on the PC version. With enough support and success for the console version and 505's new content, Red many very well hand over the remaining rights.
  8. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

I wish Red wasn't a member of the community... wait.
    alecool34, Lennon, Jimi and 1 other person like this.
  9. Cresent Bone Serpent

I don't understand why people are complaining or attacking Red for Terraria going on console. I get the point that we were the first people to buy it and we deserve some more content but give the guy a break he still did a whole lot for terraria and its fans. I personally am not going to buy the console and hope there are updates but am I going to hate on red for these reason? No I hope terraria on console was as successful as PC because that's what a "good sport" does.
    Drdragonfly and Battle Kid like this.
  10. pikaguy900 Cave Bat

Honestly, I don't feel like I've been thrown under a bus or anything. I don't even feel hurt. Of course, I have a PS3, so I can actually get it... Honestly, I think everyone should support the console version in some way! Those of us who have the consoles it'll be on should buy it, and those who don't could offer suggestions and feedback on ideas in order to make the update great! Then we all start petitioning red to allow the changes to be ported back to PC. Win-win, yes? (Also, what blumchen said.)
    pokecatch likes this.
  11. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Because he's too lazy to bring the content from consoles to pc.
    Jimi likes this.
  12. Cresent Bone Serpent

He had his reasons im sure of it. You should read my fellow terrarians
  13. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Reasons of laziness. Then a thirst for money when he sold the game. If he actually cared he would bring the new content back over.
    Vinyl Luck TTX and Jimi like this.
  14. Cresent Bone Serpent

Eh I guess you make a point. Your art is badass btw *respected*

Anyone else notice Buss is spelled wrong? *that's right...spell check yo ass!*
    Stackerzgame likes this.
  15. Jackrel Green Slime

Not trying to attack anybody, but i do feel really let down and a bit betrayed by the fact that my only option for experiencing new content for a game i love is to buy it for a different system. I already spent the full price to buy it when it was brand spanking new on steam, and i went and bought copies for friends and family too. I don't care about it being on consoles now, but i am pretty unhappy that the console version will be getting new stuff while the pc version is stuck with needing mods to add content. I really hope that this gets changed so we can get the new content as well.
  16. Cresent Bone Serpent

"brand spanking new" HOLY CRAP SENTENCEGASM
  17. nababoo Dark Caster

Red isn't obliged to do anything for us.

So no, I don't feel like I was thrown under a bus.
    Pegnuin99661 and Sheen like this.
  18. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Just because you're not obligated to anything doesn't mean it isn't a dick move not to.
    Jimi likes this.
  19. Cresent Bone Serpent

Why use thrown under a bus? We would die if the bus was running....duh
    How about "attacked by a squirrel?" :D
  20. nababoo Dark Caster

Hmm... thrown off an airplane's good too.

But, I have suffered from none of those :3