Are there any more good games like Terraria?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Wred, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Wred Angel Statue

I wonder if there's more good games like Terraria, Minecraft,Darkout and perhaps Starbound.
    I really want to find a new good game.
  2. rubeszilla Wandering Eye

To be honest, I've had a good look myself and the truth is there aren't any games like Terraria. Starbound will most likely come the closest but it's not released yet and even then it may not be a similar experience to Terraria.

Check this out:
    http://gameblaster64.xandorus.com/games-terraria-terraria-clones

Your only hope is to go get a life for a month or two and come back when the next update is released ;-)
    Wred likes this.
  3. Wred Angel Statue

Ok thanks =)
  4. twilight053 Bunny

Minecraft would be my closest guess, both Terraria & Minecraft are rated 9/10 by IGN, so I think they're pretty equal.
  5. Phillip Scott Angel Statue

Wred and KLouD KoNNeCteD like this.
  6. olisr Mouse

7. rubeszilla Wandering Eye

Ah yes, Cube World looks as though it has combined the best elements of both Terraria and Minecraft. It looks great but I still love more the retro 2D sidescrolling platform style of Terraria.
  8. olisr Mouse

I agree, I prefer the 2D style as well!
  9. Voyager Crimera

All the copy cat games I've seen so far are still months away from being done :(
  10. Lord Carver Possessed Armor

There is darkout. I'm waiting for darkout to be finished because space.
  11. Voyager Crimera

I think it's just one planet - shrouded in darkness...
    Looks nice but what can you build?
  12. Wooren Possessed Armor

m31k likes this.
  13. Lord Carver Possessed Armor

From what I see you can build various space age machines, weapons. I haven't seen much of the game yet since since it's on desura (FUCK) and is still stuck in greenlight on steam.

Which is why "waiting" was a keyword.
  14. Wred Angel Statue

15. piinyouri Lava Slime

Lords of Uber Dark is another fairly cool looking 3D build/sandbox game.
  16. Soul64x Bunny

Oh, I heard about Cube World before they had the quest system down. Yeah, it does look REALLY good. That'll be something to play, fur shur.

Anyways, try Spelunky. It's NOTHING like either of them, but you're spelunking into a cursed dungeon/cave thing, hunting for treasure and such. So many traps, and it is quite pure skill, but a bit of luck. Just.. NEVER say you're having a good run, that's when it goes south.

Well, have you heard that Cube World was inspired by each of them? It looks like yer regular kinda epic RPG fantasy action adventure type thing, while using voxels, which gives it a "retro" look (kinda overrated).
  17. olisr Mouse

Cube World doesn't use voxels, according to Wollay.
  18. Suicidal_bob Cursed Man

Garsh, apparently nobody here has heard of Starbound.... Its gonna be a HUGE game when it comes out (Beta will be coming out soon as well), and has already made over 1 million from pre-orders. It will be coming out on steam, so get ready... Its gonna be a blast :D.
    http://playstarbound.com/
    (Created by the Pixel artist from Terraria, Tiyuri, Made by the team "ChuckleFish")
    Wred likes this.
  19. olisr Mouse

He...mentioned it in his opening post.
    Jeckel likes this.