Artificial Corruption Biome and Deathweed

Discussion in 'PC' started by Feldar Snope, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Feldar Snope Green Slime

I have made myself an artificial corruption biome which works very well for farming vile mushrooms and rotten chunks. However If I keep clearing the grass will it spawn some Deathweed eventually? it's currently smallish at 7 layers of 81 blocks.

yes I've taken sufficient precautions to stop it spreading later - a "cavity" wall of bricks 5 blocks thick. :)
  2. NyanTarts Flying Fish

You are aware that Deathweed can also grow on Ebonstone right? It can also spawn Eater of Souls too. Just make a thin layer of Ebonstone anywhere inside the farm and it should do the trick.
  3. Feldar Snope Green Slime

Thanks for that :) yes the farm already spawns a great many eaters. I think I did know about the ebonstone but had not considered it as I made the farm before I demonite gear. In fact I made it purely to make the stuff to summon the Eater Of Worlds.

I shall add a few layers of ebonstone to the farm. Bigger is always better as they say.
  4. KLouD KoNNeCteD Crimera

Will deathweed grow on corrupt grass? I haven't played Terraria in a while but I thought deathweed only grew on ebonstone. Like I said I haven't played in forever so I might be wrong.
  5. Feldar Snope Green Slime

Well I don't know. But as it happens I went to the corruption to see how well the Thorn Chakram would do against the EOW (it worked great against the Eye of Cthulu) and as I got there a blood moon rose and instead of fighting the EOW I came out with 9 deathweed seeds which I shall now cultivate very carefully in pots. Talk about luck!
  6. Tunnel King Moderator

The wiki says it will grow on either corrupt grass or ebonstone, but I think you're right - it really only grows on ebonstone, whether naturally or planted. (Or in pots, of course.) I'll try paying closer attention in my current world to see.

I'll try planting some seeds on corrupt grass, see what happens and report back.
  7. Feldar Snope Green Slime

I will.. I shall plant one seed on corrupt grass.. out of the way where I won't harvest it by accident. These seeds ARE worth more than gold y'know :D
  8. NyanTarts Flying Fish

They Do. (open)

[IMG]
    KLouD KoNNeCteD likes this.
  9. Tunnel King Moderator

Ok, cool, they grow if planted as well. 2K+ hours in this game and I still learn things :).

Once you've gotten a good sword (like a Blade of Grass, phaseblade, Night's edge) and have become comfortable fighting off the Eaters, then you can run through the corruption on a bloodmoon and pick up half a stack easy. Then when you replant, and only harvest during a bloodmoon, you'll quickly have more than you can use. They're easier to come by than mushroom grass seeds, imho.
    KLouD KoNNeCteD likes this.
  10. KLouD KoNNeCteD Crimera

I know it isn't a big deal but just learning about deathweed growing on corrupt grass makes me want to play Terraria again. :D
    Cricket likes this.
  11. Feldar Snope Green Slime

That's pretty much exactly what I did. I got my first 9 seeds when by chance a blood moon rose as I was going into the corruption. Those 9 seeds are now lovingly planted into pots in my garden. I'll still wait and see if Deathweed will spawn spontaneously in an artificial biome though.