Released Auto Port-Forwarder For Terraria!

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by TheUnrealMegashark, Aug 17, 2013.

1. TheUnrealMegashark Corruptor

I've created a tool for Terraria. I've heard that Redigit will be trying to add in auto port-forwarding in 1.2, so I've gone ahead and tried to create something that would do just that while we all wait patiently for 1.2. Basically, it was coded in C# using a free library called Mono.Nat. It will open a port on your router with UPnP (If your router supports it, that is- which most do nowadays). The port it opens is 7777, the default port for Terraria. I might make it later to where you can specify which port you want to open, but that's depending on whether or not this works well for others.

This has not been tested extensively on other computers, only on mine. It should work, but if it doesn't, feel free to post on this thread. Now, if something happens or goes wrong on your computer (Which there's almost no chance there will), I take absolutely no responsibility. Nothing malicious or harmful will happen to your computer. If you wish, I will post the source for this program. Here is a screenshot of it.

[IMG]

Here is the download-
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2jtyn0i5gjr6vgj
  2. Snirk Immington Raincoat Zombie

Pardon all the questions! This does seem like a really great tool and even though I know how to port forward having a button to do it for me seems quite nice.
    You say you're using a library... but you have no .dll file in the download that I can see from the url. Am I a C# noob?
    I would expect it to also not work based on router type.
    Is there an off button or indicator that you're forwarding?
  3. TheUnrealMegashark Corruptor

I hate having to provide the library so I used a free tool called ILMerge to merge the assemblies together. As for your second question... I'm confused, can u perhaps reword it a bit better? Not your fault, I'm just having a hard time wrapping my mind around your question.
    Snirk Immington likes this.
  4. Darkercloud Lava Slime

I think he means an off button to stop port forwarding and an indicator to tell if it's port forwarding.
  5. TheUnrealMegashark Corruptor

There is an indicator to tell whether or not it succeeded or not- I used try/catch and within the catch I used a messagebox to display the error thrown.
  6. Snirk Immington Raincoat Zombie

That sounds pretty neat, I'll have to get it myself.
    I want to know from the program if my port is being forwarded. What if I forget whether I pressed the button?
  7. TheUnrealMegashark Corruptor

There is not a progressbar, but the program finishes rather quickly. It only takes a few seconds, but I will implement a progressbar of some sort if you wish.
  8. Darkercloud Lava Slime

I thank you for making this tool, Really need something like this.
    TheUnrealMegashark likes this.
  9. TheUnrealMegashark Corruptor

You're very welcome.

As for the progressbar aspect of the program, I have implemented one. The form is now not resizable. I hate messing around with the form resize event, so it's a fixed form now. Here you go! http://www.mediafire.com/?2jtyn0i5gjr6vgj
  10. xland44 Pixie

Really cool. Although, when I connected to my MC server with my IP (Used the port 7777) it didn't work, even though I changed the properties folder's port to 7777.....
    I found out my IP through whatismyip.com, does this site work or is there something I'm forgetting?
  11. TheUnrealMegashark Corruptor

Hmmm, I'm not quite sure. Does your router support UPnP?
  12. W1K The actually real Suika Ibuki

I'd guess the port forwarding didn't work at all because either your router does not support UPnP or it is disabled. I'd suggest to use a tool to check wether your port is opened or not or check in your router's config directly.
    If the port is alright, then you probably need to access to your server using your local ip (localhost generally works), tho this doesn't guarantee that people from internet will be able to access your server.
  13. xland44 Pixie

Hmm, here's a picture, it recognizes the port and it supports UPnP:
    [IMG]

As you can see, #11, Mono.Nat has the internal & external port of 7777, and it says it's enabled.
  14. waffleman9921 Angel Statue

Just wondering if you could make a minecraft version of this please because i am terrible at portforwarding