Automatic Doors - Any working solution yet?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Sinxar, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Sinxar

Sinxar Bunny

Been trying to get some wood doors to auto close after NPCs go through them.

I tried this:
    wires.png
    The bottom is wired to a 5s timer. This works fine for personal use. The NPCs doors are missing the pressure plate part and only have the timer to auto close the doors. I thought it was working great until I went looking for Rotten Chunks and when I returned all the doors the NPCs used were missing. I replaced the doors and watched them for a little bit and sure enough the doors break when they open them.

Is there a way to let NPCs use the auto closing door without it breaking every time they open it?

Initial State.png

Missing Doors.png

2. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Moderator Staff Member

CoolShadow likes this.
  3. Sinxar

Sinxar Bunny

Thats where I got the idea from. They aren't outer doors, its more of an aesthetics thing. They like to open the doors and leave them like that for some reason.

4. Star and Moon

Star and Moon Blood Crawler

You can secure doors by digging a 2x2 trench in front of them or just building the structure 2 blocks higher than the ground. It's foolproof and NPC's can still use it.

5. Sinxar

Sinxar Bunny

I updated the OP with more pics of what i'm talking about since its not clear enough. First large pic is the initial state of the doors when I loaded the world. The second large pic is what happened when night came. I could technically remove the doors completely and replace with a solid wall, but this would create a situation where I would have to take the long way around just to use one of the NPCs.

It really is too bad development has stopped on this great game. So many bugs need to be fixed :(.