Best Gear 1.1.2? Your Favorite Gear?

Discussion in 'PC' started by CTFxPC, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CTFxPC Green Slime

Hey everybody! I have a question? I'm curious as to what the best set of gear in-game is.
    (Tools, Melee, Ranged, Armor, Accessories, etc.)
    I'm more of a melee kind of guy, but I also travel a bunch. What are you guys?
  2. ReznorRage World Feeder

It varies for what you do. You should use hallowed armor with the mask. Accessories should be wings, spectre boots, cloud in a balloon, warrior emblem, and feral claws. I prefer more interesting accessories like the star cloak and the philosopher's stone because the game is easy if you have hallowed.
  3. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

First non spongebob avatar :eek:
    But yeah depends on what it is you're doing
    Obviously hallowed gear is best, For melee get hallowed mask
    Also feral claws
    warrior emblem
    Titan glove
    Wings
  4. Hippo Clinger

You should definitely try the Copper Armor set. Helps a bunch in hardmode.
  5. Meteor Armor is still best armor. Why? Because blasting enemies into oblivion with a space gun is as satisfying as fuck.
  6. Emcitement Snatcher

common use:
    wings, cloud in a balloon, titan glove, feral claws, warrior's symbol. sometimes the cloud in a balloon is swapped out for something below. spectre boots only for mobility.
    melee hallowed + breaker blade.

bosses:
    mana flower, obsidian shield, sorceror's symbol, philosopher's stone, cross necklace.
    magic hallowed + crystal storm
  7. Luke32141 Snatcher

In my opinion, mining armor seems to help me most in hardmode.
  8. bradfordjc Demon Eye

try throwing away everything in your INV when you start. i made it, found a few chests with iron inside. used bombs to explode trees. made a pick, and made rest of stuff with gold.
  9. nogloxiator Fire Imp

Actually, you throw it all away then run outside at night. Works great.
  10. bradfordjc Demon Eye

EXACTLY! also, throwing bombs strait up and sitting still for 10 seconds is GENIUS!
  11. nogloxiator Fire Imp

Jumping in lava makes you invincible!
  12. bradfordjc Demon Eye

throw away adamantite! its worse than copper!
  13. nogloxiator Fire Imp

And whatever you do, don't use hallowed- it has -1 deference!
  14. bradfordjc Demon Eye

and NEVER, EVER use minishark! it heals the enemy for 15 hp! The megashark heals for 100!
  15. Aeynia Pixie

Well, this thread has been derailed.

On topic: Hallowed Melee armor is the best way to go, no matter what you plan to use, unless you plan to reforge all of your accessories to Warding. The extra def is a life saver.
    For accessories, I tend to like Obsidian Shield, Wings, Spectre Boots, Cross Necklace, and Star Cloak reforged to Menacing.

Phasesabers are one of the best Hardmode swords, right behind Excalibur, and easy to make right when you start hardmode.
    For ranged, I tend to use the Clockwork Assault Rifle for everyday use or the Megashark for bosses.
    Magical items, I stick to Crystal Storm for normal use, Harp for Destroyer, and Ice Rod for utility.
  16. Super Weegee1 Blazing Wheel

Off topic much? ._.

EDIT: Ninja'd...
  17. bradfordjc Demon Eye

ON topic: demon scythe + claravoiancce + mana power potion FTW
  18. nogloxiator Fire Imp

Yes. Yes it has.:cool:
    On topic: use the wooden hammer. It does the most damage.:D
  19. PowerCosmic Werewolf

Dao of Pow, baby! :cool: Easy to make, packs the most punch outside of the Excalibur, and has that lovely exclusive confusion debuff. How could you forget such a lovely weapon?
  20. jaxter0987 Cursed Skull

Full Hallowed Melee set, Spectre Boots, Cloud in a Balloon, Obsidian Shield, Angel Wings, Philosopher's Stone (when I go Melee) / Ranger Emblem (when I go Ranged) / Mana Flower (When I go Magic) all reforged to Warding.

Melee: Dao of Pow, Excalibur, Gungnir for the utility, and Light Disc (5) if I'm out of ammo for guns.
    Ranged: Flamethrower for everyday use, Megashark for Bosses, Clockwork Assault Rifle for the memories (Oh the wonderous days of when I started Hardmode <3)
    Magic: Crystal Storm for all purposes. I rarely use the Harp (it's just too slow for anything other than Bosses)

Edit:
    Yeah, I totally agree! Dao of Pow was my first Hardmode weapon (If you don't count Breaker Blade / Clockwork Assault Rifle)
    Garneac likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.