Best Hardmode magic weapons?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Harven, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harven Cursed Man

I always hear people talking about crystal storm for boss battles in hardmode, and occasionally the harp for The Destoryer, but I'm wondering if the other hardmode magic wepaons (Rainbow Rod, Magic Dagger, and Cursed Flames) have a purpose or niche. Does Crystal Storm just surpass them all hands down?
    Mr. Cool likes this.
  2. LaserTurtle Yellow Slime

Cursed Flames give off a nice amount of light, plus, they're easily spammable. I use it almost exclusively underground, where it's crowded and you can hit an enemy by just turning around.
    Mr. Cool likes this.
  3. Roddy Blazing Wheel

Rainbow Rod is cool for PvP, i think.
    Mr. Cool likes this.
  4. CycloneX5 Demon Eye

Cursed flames is quite good, especially since it's an upgrade to the Flower of Fire, Magic dagger is basically a stronger version of the Throwing Knives that requires mana. As it's affected by gravity, it's a kinda useless weapon for long-range, which mana weapons excel at. As for the Ice Rod, it's more of a tool to get really high up in the air. Also, Rainbow Rod is excellent foor indirect combat and if you can maneuver it quickly.
  5. vPixel Green Slime

Here is my input:

Cursed Flames is quite a good spell, I use it as a main. I suggest you get a prefix on it, like Masterful. It helps the spell a lot.

Crystal Storm is a amazing spell, especially if you have Mystical (spent about 30 mins trying to get this prefix). It is very useful for boss fights because it deals loads of damage in such a sort time.

Magic Dagger. I personally don't really like it, but it is useful for damage. Mine deals 39 damage, which is the highest, but I don't really suggest it. If you want to, get the Masterful or Mystical prefix on it.

Rainbow Rod, I'm not a HUGE fan of. It is useful, as you can control it's direction of fire at something. I don't use it normally, but if I get my hands on one, I usually use it if a enemy is retreating.

Magic Harp, this one is USEFUL. It might take some time to make, but after you do, it's by far, one of the best weapons you get. It's like the Crystal Storm, but has a shorter range before it disappears. I suggest using it, as I have been defeated by it multiple times.

That is my input.
  6. Unholyrath Eskimo Zombie

Crystal Storm and Cursed Flames are really the 2 best. My mage actually has 3 spells set on toolbar: Flames, Storm, and Demon Scythe(Still does impressive damage, i hit like 100 crits on Wyverns).

Harp is good for the pierce, especially on Destroyer, as people say.
    Ice Rod is more for utility than damage.
    I've yet to find a use for Magic Dagger....
    Rainbow Rod is good, but it really sucks up mana. Not to mention getting fast damage out of it means sacrificing the control.

Not to mention both Cursed Flames and Crystal Storm aren't too hard to get.
  7. vPixel Green Slime

Yay! Somebody who actually agrees that Demon Scythe is useful! :D
  8. Klapp Tortoise

I still have Demon Scythe among my new weapons as well.
  9. Voyager Crimera

I'm farming all the bosses to get them all :)
  10. ChaoticGamer Blazing Wheel

cursed flame is very good when it comes long range and heavy dmg. When it comes close range, they don't have good knock back unless u enchanted to be strong knock backs. Crystal storm spell is very good one used close up, its like a shotgun, but rapid bullets flys and highly on knock back...the only problem is it doesn't have good dmg unless u enchanted to be good dmg user as well. I say...The Magical Harps is the most cheapest fighting tool I've ever seen because when it comes to the destroyer I find it more WTF because someone finish that Destroyer within 14 second I think... just using the harp -_-. I feel...unpro that moment.
  11. Pentarctagon Green Slime

Basically all the items you listed have a use, just not really bosses. Except magic dagger. Do not, under any circumstances, use it for anything (unless its just to screw around).

Also everyone seems to have forgotten about the laser rifle, which is imo pretty good as well.
  12. CycloneX5 Demon Eye

Laser Rifle makes me a magic sniper. I love that weapon.

And as for Magic Daggers, be happy when mimics drop it. 20 or more gold for you!
  13. vPixel Green Slime

Yay! More people who still use Demon Scythe! :D
  14. Mr. Cool Green Slime

the rod is perfect for pvp, but not much other things.
  15. Onsenturtle Demon Eye

I personally think the Laser Rifle and Crystal Storm are the best. But i will always have a place in my heart for the flower of fire (while wearing a certain "plumber's" vanity set too)

With the right mods it deals a respectable damage in hardmode too - i think mine was 69
  16. Mr. Cool Green Slime

my rainbow rod does 89 dmg.
  17. Trae? Green Slime

I started to favor the crystal storm, but I found out that it just moves way to slow for me. So I started to use the laser rifle (yes its a magic weapon)
  18. Maelstromner Cursed Man

Magical Harp is awesome, both for PvE and PvP. If you know how to angle the notes correctly to hit enemies several times, you can get stellar DPS. It's basically like the hardmode Demonscythe except a bit dischordant.
  19. RylarD Demon Eye

I'm going to make a video soon of soloing the hard mode bosses with a star fury. Wish me luck.
    Mr. Cool likes this.
  20. zebri Raincoat Zombie

The Rainbow rod packs quite a punch and it's easy to craft.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.