Best pixel art software?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Darkmind, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Darkmind Green Slime

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you knew what's the best pixel art program to use... I've been using gimp but I think it's not really that good for pixel art..

Thank's
    --Darkmind
  2. Archina Dark Caster

For me GIMP and Paint.NET work fine. There could be better ones but it's what I use when I decide to sprite (which isn't very often.)
  3. Caretaker Demon Eye

idraw3 chara maker

At least, that's what I've heard.
  4. Darkmind Green Slime

I've never herd of that before.. I will have to check it out thanks ^-^
  5. Cobalt Cog Green Slime

Grafx2 is what a lot of the pros at Pixel Joint use. I usually use Photoshop, but that's way too expensive if you're just looking to try out pixel art.
  6. Darkmind Green Slime

Woah.. I just got grafx2 and it looks REALLY! confusing!!! :p
  7. Lord_Santa Green Slime

I used mainly Jasc paint shop pro back in the days

:edit

seems as if Corel has taken it over
    I used up unto v.7, which had everything I needed
  8. CodeG Green Slime

Photoshop. People say it's too complex for spriting. I say other things are too simple for spriting. :p
  9. Liqweed Green Slime

10. Telepurte Devourer

Aseprite.. Is a Neat little program, Its simple and is animatible. I made this with it: Phoenix.gif
  11. Darkmind Green Slime

Wow, that's pretty cool :) And that program looks fairly nice.. :) Will have to check that one out as well! :D
  12. Telepurte Devourer

Why tank ju ·3·
  13. JackBread Clinger

This a thousand times.
    [IMG]
    The only thing is you can't save images as GIFs unless you buy it. But it's still an excellent program if you don't buy it.
  14. Mistress Rarity Nightmarity

Couldn't you save the images individually and combine them as layers in Photoshop or something?
  15. JackBread Clinger

Yeah, but it's just an inconvenience. :p You could also save it as a sprite-sheet.