Big terraria update feelings ?

Discussion in 'Update Discussion' started by MantasX12, Feb 20, 2013.

1. MantasX12

MantasX12 Hell Bat

Hello,I want to ask how where you feeling when the "BIG" 1.1 update came out? How where you feeling and what where you doing that first morning/day/evening/night of playing terraria 1.1 (if you played that time) ?:) .I was feeling like a psychopath filled with happyness and was watching the first terraria 1.1 playthrough with SH (sapcehamster).:D

2. ChippyGaming

ChippyGaming Wandering Eye

Well before the 1.1 update I was sat watching Cleveland Brown waiting for the update to come out and when it did I downloaded it and started my new world titled ClevelandBrown and started a fresh character, I then sat there and skyped with my friend while playing for 8 hours until I was at the wall of flesh level, that's when my friend who was at the same level Ryan joined me and we killed bosses, mined, build, explored, reacted to new stuff. It was a great week! My favorite week of Terraria ever! We ended up playing everyday for a good month then we got busy, I still ave the same map, I use it in all my videos!

MantasX12 likes this.
  3. darkninjx

darkninjx Piranha

I was refreshing the terrariaonline forums and terraria website + developer tweeter accounts all in couple tabs refreshing.

MantasX12 likes this.
  4. ibowser123

ibowser123 Paladin

^What he said.

Although when the trailer for it came out, i'm pretty sure I actually fell out of my chair once they showed the WoF.

DiexSmiling likes this.
  5. Konvick

Konvick Slimed Zombie

I first found out about the big update when my friend said to me that there'll be an update coming. At that time, I had probably accomplish everything the game had to offer(defeated all 3 bosses, got full shadow armor set, finished Night's Edge, explore every single rooms in the Dungeon). So I was pretty hyped up. Then he linked me the 1.1 trailer video and I was impressed with many new weapons that'll be introduced. I saw the new hardmode bosses and well... Shit just got real.

6. KittehninjaDZ

KittehninjaDZ Dark Caster

I felt so disappointed at first because the update would roll out during school. But by a stroke of luck, a windstorm that had occurred the night before actually knocked power throughout the district and also caused substantial damage to my school. Basically, school was cancelled for the next two days (also happened to be Thursday and Friday). So when I got to school and got the news, I was so psyched to go back home. And when I went back home, the update JUST came out. It was glorious.

MantasX12 and rubeszilla like this.
  7. ibowser123

ibowser123 Paladin

I love how you put all the emphasis on playing Terraria, and completely ignore the fact that your school was torn to bits. "I DON'T CARE IF ANYONE GOT HURT, I JUST WANT MY TERRARIA!!!" :p

8. KittehninjaDZ

KittehninjaDZ Dark Caster

hehehhee. It's even better since California never suffers from big snowstorms and the like, so school is never cancelled. I mean, I get to experience those 'snow' days :D

9. Lord Carver

Lord Carver Spore Zombie

I don't think it's going to be a BIG update.

10. Loki ISP

Loki ISP Moderator Staff Member

I think everyone here has a different definition of "big" - therefore, you are almost guaranteed to be both right and wrong. ;)

11. Zaflis

Zaflis Bone Serpent

Well, what we have heard so far sounds like bigger update than patch that gave us hardmode. Who knows...

12. Mistress Rarity

Mistress Rarity Nightmarity

The good old days.. With the way technology moves, a year feels like a decade. I can barely remember what I was doing then..

13. piinyouri

piinyouri Lava Slime

I think a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment, which I feel is what Red was trying to avoid by just working on the thing silently not saying a word.

14. altermaven

altermaven Dark Caster

I am just doing business as usual, studying up C# and attending to life and hoping this thing goes through. We all know that there are other things that are bound to happen (sickness, family duties, etc.) that could extend the length of the production..

So just chill, if you're the kind that gets hyped up for a possible release. If it arrives, so be it. If not, so be it...

piinyouri likes this.
  15. Mistress Rarity

Red doesn't have a sprite artist anymore, right? I think we'd get some bug fixes, maybe some new features, but nothing like new bosses or anything, and to be honest that's more than enough for me :D

MantasX12 likes this.
  16. W1K

W1K Spambot

My only feeling is the boringness in knowing how hard tConfig will break with the update. I never really cared about the lack of new contents and learned through various shenaniganing that getting excited for such bullshits only leads to disappointment either way.

17. ibowser123

ibowser123 Paladin

No, he does not have one sprite artist anymore. Now he has two! :p

He hired Jimmarn (http://www.terrariaonline.com/members/jimmarn.113609/) and Dark and Light (I'm not gonna bother with a link) as his new spriters. So we will be getting new stuff, and he's already talked about new NPCs.

Loki ISP likes this.
  18. Mistress Rarity

Dark and Light? Wow, he must be getting serious then.

Red Wave and Loki ISP like this.
  19. Loki ISP

Loki ISP Moderator Staff Member

Indeed....all signs point to this being a sizable update....including the two spriters and the spoilers revealed to date....

Mistress Rarity likes this.
  20. Shyness

Shyness Giant Worm

I have a feeling that the new update will have a different 'feel' to what we're used too since he hasn't updated for such a long time.