Blowgun + Darts

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by TreePunchers, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TreePunchers

TreePunchers Green Slime

Although technically multiple ideas, I think these all fit into one thread, as they all contribute to the Blowgun Weapon.

Inspired by a weapons mod on Minecraft, of which I can't remember the name, I came up with the Blowgun. A weapon very similar to a bow, in it's use and range etc, but different mostly in the types of ammos it uses.

The Weapon

The Blowgun is a ranged weapon that would be fairly easily obtainable, and would do a small amount of damage. It would be crafted with 10 Wood and 3 Paper*.

*Paper would be made at a Work Bench with 1 Wood and 1 Water Bucket. You get the Empty Bucket, but not the water back. Paper could also be used to make books and scrolls, which are an entirely different topic in themselves.

--Facts on the Blowgun:

Type Weapon
    Damage 7
    Knockback Depends On Dart
    Max Stack 1
    Shoot 1
    Shoot Speed 6
    Body Slot -1
    Use Time 30
    Sell 30 [​IMG]

But what would it use for ammo, darts obviously, which is where these come in:

Darts

#Normal Dart

The most basic dart, similar to a wooden arrow, it and the Poison Dart travel in a slight arc. It is the basis for the other darts. It is called Dart in game. It is crafted at a Work Bench with 1 Wood, 1 Stone and 1 Feather*.

*Feathers are dropped by Chickens, which are similar to Bunnies in that they don't attack you, but different in the you can kill them. They spawn during the day on grass blocks without backgrounds. They drop 2-3 feathers upon death, and have the same spawn rate as Bunnies, maybe a little more.

--Facts on Chickens

Damage 0
    Max Life 5
    Defense 0

--Facts on Darts

Type Ammunition
    Damage 6
    Knockback 3
    Max Stack 250
    Shoot 1
    Shoot Speed 3
    Body Slot -1
    Use Time 100
    Buy / Sell 10 [​IMG]

#Poison Dart

Poison Darts are probably the most useful dart. They are crafted at a Work Bench with 1 Dart and 1 Vile Powder.
    They cause any monster they hit to be poisoned. A poisoned monster will take 2 damage per second, and each second they will be knocked back by 1. You can tell a monster is poisoned because they have a slight purple tinge.

--Facts on the Poison Dart

Type Ammunition
    Damage 7 (Plus additional poison).
    Knockback 4
    Max Stack 250
    Shoot 1
    Shoot Speed 3
    Body Slot -1
    Use Time 100
    Buy / Sell 15 [​IMG]

#Pinpoint Dart

Pinpoint Darts are almost exactly the same as normal darts, except they travel faster, shoot faster and move in a straight line. They are crafted at a Work Bench with 10 Dart and 1 Gold Bar, this recipe makes 10 Pinpoint Darts

--Facts on the Pinpoint Dart

Type Ammunition
    Damage 8
    Knockback 3
    Max Stack 250
    Shoot 1
    Shoot Speed 4
    Body Slot -1
    Use Time 100
    Buy / Sell 15 [​IMG]

Thank you for reading, I hope you liked at least some of this post, please reply, mostly with balance issues/new ideas.

2. Kotetsuya

Kotetsuya Doctor Bones

I wanna be Teemo. That is all.

3. Kurohagane

Kurohagane Lava Slime

Why not use breathing reed as crafting? I wanted to make thread like this too, long ago but abandoned the idea. Mine used breathing reed to make it.

TreePunchers likes this.
  4. TreePunchers

TreePunchers Green Slime

Yeah. That would be a great idea. Only problem I can see is that breathing reeds are slightly too rare. Maybe I could power it up?

5. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Green Slime

Post this in the weapon megathread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.