Boss/Event Suggestion Megathread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ian Malcolm, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Ian Malcolm Green Slime

It's been mentioned a few times that there will be unique global events for the game. The ones that come to mind are things occurring based on moon phase (full moon has a chance of being a blood moon with door busting zombies going into berserker rages) and stars falling out of the sky (allowing you to catch them and increase your MP). What other wacky or unique events would you like to see added?

I'd be interested in:
    Buffs: The stars align and you become much faster and more powerful for the day, letting you take more risks in exploring
    Unique monster spawn: not bosses (don't know how those work yet), but for whatever reason, a normally rare monster becomes much more common for the day
    Shady merchant: randomly shows up, sells you objects that are either really good or really terrible (cursed), but you won't know which is which until you buy.
    Exploding sheep: normally non-threatening animals are now terrifying. You should avoid them at all costs for the day.
    Gravity shift: get indoors or underground quickly or else you'll fly up into the sky and die from fall damage when it reverts (it would be short lived: 7-30 seconds and you would need ample warning, possibly an hour in advance. Could just affect player / monsters as water and lava physics would probably get wacky)
    Slime Rain: They plan to lower the spawn rate for slimes, however there can be a day when slimes rain down from the sky and from cave ceilings (just like in the LP), mainly due to being hilarious.
    Nard, kayti, camnui and 11 others like this.
  2. Nemexus Green Slime

Seasonal Boss Monsters: Giant Santa Clause, Jesus, Easter Bunny, ect. Holiday types of bosses would be cool.
    Rift Invasion: (Idea taken from the game Rift) Some sort of tear in space which winds up spawning loads of powerful rare mobs.
    Acid Rain: Rain that can leave burn holes in homes, allowing monsters to get in and also can damage you.
    Tornadoes: Come on by and they proceed to blow down homes made of wood, but not completely. Destroys trees and sends them flying.
    Zombiepocalypse: Massive waves of zombies come in and when they're almost defeated, a giant king zombie comes in.
  3. aavri Cursed Skull

muahahahaha, Slime rain. <3 it!

Ok, since we have a red moon, I would suggest an event were their is a blue moon. During the blue moon, no zombies will spawn and all plants will grow super fast and be ready to harvest.
    ZoruSharkGERMAN and Leotamer like this.
  4. JacZac Green Slime

Epic. Though the thought of a millions aavris makes me happy <3 Slime rain!!
    camnui likes this.
  5. Mailedd Green Slime

Rock Golems: Any rock found on the surface can spawn a golem nearby, destroying trees and causing earthquakes that will make you fly far away. Only up to 2 can spawn at a time.
  6. Silver Cursed Skull

Well, Rock Golems would just be more of a mob, not an event... Prehaps earthquakes that could tumble wooden objects to the ground...
  7. Ian Malcolm Green Slime

Earthquakes sound interesting, floods could work as well, but water physics could get tricky.

On the topic of slime:
    Slime Jackpot: Slimes now drop rare / odd / fun items
    Great Slime Migration: Some unknown force has compelled the slimes to gather (slimes disappear from general map, massive slime spawn in particular area or gather to form a King/Queen slime [possibly inspired by Aavri's post] with googly eyes, a crown, scepter, and majestic cape)
    Slime Holiday: Slimes change depending on holiday (Easter egg slimes on Easter, Christmas colors on Christmas, explode in fireworks / confetti on July 4th, etc...)

Not on the topic of slime :( :
    Fertile period: Crops grow faster, trees grow taller
    Windy: Wind will blow you in a certain direction if outside, strength varies
  8. Nemexus Green Slime

I'm loving the Slime Migration and Slime Holiday ideas! XD
    LuckyMax5 likes this.
  9. Rellow Green Slime

What's up with the strange obsession with slimes? They're just some weak, generic enemy the only serve the purpose of hindering newbies.
    Milan Mree and BetrayerOfNihil like this.
  10. Professor_Inkwell Green Slime

for Slime holiday there should be a King or Queen slime xD
  11. Ian Malcolm Green Slime

To Rellow,
    How dare you insult the majestic and noble slime, good sir! They are perhaps the most profound and enigmatic creatures within the entire realm of Terraria. The question of why they are so appealing is just one of their many mysteries. Some suggest it might be because of their hilarious nature to hinder the progress of fellow slime researchers Redigit and Blue in their LP. Particularly amazing is their gravity defying ability to always rain down on the player, even in caves! I urge you to reflect on your misjudgment of the wonderfully delightful slime and repent.

Sincerely,
    Ian Malcolm
    Slime Researcher
    DoomFire, camnui, Recks and 6 others like this.
  12. Professor_Inkwell Green Slime

Amen, preach it like it is brother!
  13. Overload Demon Eye

This made me sad :oops:
    The reason we love slimes is that they are week, colorful and would make great pets! ( What would you want, a cat or a bright blue slime that jumps around? :D )
    camnui and Recks like this.
  14. JacZac Green Slime

[/quote] Ian Malcolm said:
    To Rellow,
    How dare you insult the majestic and noble slime, good sir! They are perhaps the most profound and enigmatic creatures within the entire realm of Terraria. The question of why they are so appealing is just one of their many mysteries. Some suggest it might be because of their hilarious nature to hinder the progress of fellow slime researchers Redigit and Blue in their LP. Particularly amazing is their gravity defying ability to always rain down on the player, even in caves! I urge you to reflect on your misjudgment of the wonderfully delightful slime and repent.

Sincerely,
    Ian Malcolm
    Slime Researcher [/quote]
    AMEN brother; rellow,youve made an enemy.....a whole FRICKIN clan
  15. Rellow Green Slime

...There's the first and last attempt I make to integrate myself with the community.
  16. Overload Demon Eye

Guys please try to add something to the convo, not just amen'ing one post, thats what the link key is for :p
    Although seeing as its slimes its all cool :D
    <3 Its raining slimes, every specimen <3
  17. Ian Malcolm Green Slime

Don't lose heart, my good chum. We all make faux pas sometimes. There just happens to be a very active slime enthusiast community that is exceptionally protective of our darling slimes. I, for one, look forward to waiting together with the rest of the community in anticipation of this marvel of a game, even those who are bizarrely less than enthusiastic about slimes.
    Andy0132 likes this.
  18. Nemexus Green Slime

Nobody was even speaking negative towards you Rellow. It's just...you dislike slimes and that just can't be tolerated. >:O Lol jk. xD
    camnui and Recks like this.
  19. aavri Cursed Skull

There are multiple devisions with in our community. Just since you did not get into the slime devesion, there are other, maybe more normal (if you want to say that) devesions that you can join.
    camnui likes this.
  20. BobV2 Green Slime

If I had to judge just on this thread, I'd have to guess it's the community that's going to end up destroying this game.

It's a shame, too. I was wondering if someone would make a more combat oriented alternative to Minecraft.