Building Underground?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Corpsebloom, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corpsebloom Green Slime

Is it possible to build functional rooms underground? You can't knock out the back dirt wall or place walls on top of it that I can tell... Is there any way to build rooms underground in which NPCs will move in and you can set your spawn?
  2. ibitepizzaa Green Slime

You can build underground rooms, but it takes some effort. Knocking out dirt walls require the walls themselves to not be surrounded by other dirt walls. In other words, you'll have to destroy the walls from the surface until you get to your desired area. Then you can place your own walls.
  3. The_ShadoW Doctor Bones

There's no default walls past the upper layer, you can place whatever you wish.
  4. Gez Hell Bat

Go the Settings menu. Set a high value for parallax. Notice something odd about the background of the underground layers that you don't get with dirt walls (or any other kind of walls, for that matter).
  5. RedPillow Green Slime

Is there any idea behind this?
    I find it stupid to hammer 700ft of wall just to cover it in a minute when it reaches my base.
  6. The_ShadoW Doctor Bones

You can hammer them from below, if it'll make you feel any better.
  7. Ordosis Green Slime

I only have build a room underground once, but if i'm not mistaken you don't have to hammer off the background. Since the underground background is on the same layer as the sky, meaning you can place a wall above it.
  8. The_ShadoW Doctor Bones

There's the "surface" layer which filled with dirt walls by default. You have to hammer them off if you wish to build something here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.