C3Mod - Automated Gamemodes! V2.0

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Twitchy, Jul 20, 2011.

?

How do you like C3Mod?

Awesome 59 vote(s) 67.0%
Pretty good but needs some more work. 13 vote(s) 14.8%
Ehhh... Meh. 16 vote(s) 18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twitchy Demon Eye

[IMG]

V2.1.1 has Released! v2.2 is currently available to donator's!
    Follow me on Twitter @TheTwitchy for updates on my coding progress

Or C3 for short is a Game Modes plugin that runs directly with TShock. Its super simple to setup too! It allows you to create your own arenas, set flag rooms and spawn points and have working automated Game Modes run on your server. Teams for each game are autoassigned, PvP is auto forced. Teleporting out the arena is blocked.

[Changelog for v2.2]
    • Added a bunch of Hooks to C3Mod for plugin developers (also included in v2.1.1)
    • Added FFA gametype
    • NOTE - There is only one spawn point for FFA, but there is spawn protection for people who spawn
    • Added a config option to enable or disable C3 Welcome message on player join
    • Added config options that allow you to set each teams colour
    • 1 = Red
    • 2 = Green
    • 3 = Blue
    • 4 = Yellow
    • NOTE - When you set a colour, that colour name is now changed for each command
      • E.G - /setctfredflag changes to /setctfgreenflag when you set Team1 = 2
    • Also note that invalid settings here will result in an exception being thrown, and TShock closing. Check you c3config.json for errors
    • All game types are now disabled by default for new c3config.json's (Does not affect people who have already set stuff up)
    • Added a config option to set the time (in seconds) that FFA players will be spawn protected after spawning, default 10 seconds
    • Added a /list <gametype> <pagenumber> command, to list all arenas for that gametype AND its respective ID
    • File size increase of 30kb = :confused:
    NOTE - I am not changing the SQL Field names to colours set in the config, mainly because of being a pain in the butt.. But also.. I don't want to cause another SQL upset

[Changelog for v2.1.1 (CURRENT PUBLIC VERSION)]
    • Fixed a couple of minor bugs with CTF flags resetting.
    • Added C3API hooks for plugin developers (reference the plugin to use them, or wait for my "PlugBook" (vharonftw's word for hook cheatsheet) Tutorial)
    • Working multiple arena's - from what I have tested - for CTF, TDM, OneFlag andDuels. I decided not to do apocalypse, as I am still unsure whether to continue working on that, or remove it entirely. Feedback on this is appreciated.
    • Slight performance improvements when game types are disabled
    • Each "arena" now has a name, set when created
    • Addition of spawns as well as flags for each game type.
    You will need to DELETE the old database tables (using a SQL manager) - FlagPoints,TDMSpawns, OneFlagPoints, and DuelSpawns. This means you have to set up all your game types again due to the change in the way they are stored in the DB (new fields)
    When setting up arena's now, you "temporarily" set them, then define it (much like regions), you will then be returned with a confirmation, and an ID, note this downsomewhere as this is the ID the players will need to use when voting for arena's. Both Spawns AND Flags (if CTF or One Flag) must be set before you can define it.

[Changelog for v2.1]
    • Multiple arenas for TDM, CTF, OneFlag, and Duels
    • Slight performance improvements when gametype are disabled (yes disabled)
    • Each "arena" now has a name, set when the arena is created
    • Addition of spawns, as well as flags for each game type
    [Changelog for V2.0.4]
    • Removes all XNA references.
    • Updates to v1.8 API
    [Donate]
    Donating is the best way to help me out, it goes towards Internet fees, and the odd coffee. You will also get access to the latest version of C3 one version before everyone else (you will have v2.2 when the public has v2.1), added to a newsletter mailing list, and your game mode ideas will come first before the general public. There is no minimum donation amount to join, but the more the merrier! (Some who is cheap and donates $1 will get less attention than someone who donates $10)
    [IMG]

Featuring...
    • Capture the Flag
    • Dueling
    • One Flag CTF
    • Team Deathmatch
    • THE APOCALYPSE!
    [How to Install]
    1. Make sure you have the latest version of TShock, downloaded fromhttp://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/tshock-the-server-modification-of-the-future.36662
    2. Download the latest plugin here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31822515/C3Mod Plugin.dll
    3. View the v2.1.1 Command List - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31822515/cmdlist.txt
    4. Extract and place the .dll in your ServerPlugins folder
    5. Read the readme found in the .zip file downloaded for more info on the commands.
    6. Edit the config file in the tshock folder!
    [Sponsors - Try It Out!]
    I would like to personally thank Alerek for his absolutely awesome support in helping me release V2.0! He is an amazing person and has provided me with the motivation to continue on and release V2.0. Please support him by joining his server!
    Forum member Alerek is hosting an excellent server called 2Dforts! He is using C3 mod and is constantly being supplied my developer test builds of the plugin. If you want to try out a blazing new update of the mod, and support Alerek at the same time click on the image below.
    [IMG]
    Stay tuned for exciting future updates in v2.3+!
    Twitchy

2. Stormbringer Green Slime

Seems like you put alot of work into this, I'll check it out and come back with my thoughts on it once I get the time to do so.
  3. Twitchy Demon Eye

Yes I have, though please note, i am aware of a few bugs in the current release. All fixed in the next version.
  4. Beriner Green Slime

Trying this out tonight. =)
  5. Twitchy Demon Eye

Main post updated with a nice donate button and nice bold titles
  6. Twitchy Demon Eye

Beriner, how did the trying out go?
  7. PortalShifter Lava Slime

You are aware that the devs are already planning to add this to the game, right? Your mod will probably be useless then, but at least you can have some fun with it in the meantime.
  8. Twitchy Demon Eye

Yes. Of course I am. But at least everyone can get it early. And they won't be releasing anything like this for a while anyway.
  9. Max9183 Green Slime

what would be awesome would be if u could make random green slimes spawn that drop a random piece of equipment when killed *equipment resets when killed*
  10. Twitchy Demon Eye

So make random in game events? I'll add to the list.
  11. Beriner Green Slime

Wasn't able to actually give it a try yet. Friends weren't around to test, so I just built an arena and that's about it so far. Will hopefully test in the next few days. One thing I think would be fun is adding weapon spawns, almost making it sort of similar to Quake or other type arena style games. I know I could just drop weapons in certain areas of an arena, but making certain areas for weapons to respawn at the start of a new match would be awesome.
  12. Twitchy Demon Eye

Main post updated, has a bigger ToDo list.

v1.1 Will be out as soon as the next version of TShock releases
  13. Roll Volnut Cursed Skull

Not bad xD
    Perhaps I'll check it out in the future.
  14. Twitchy Demon Eye

Updated main post again. Want to try out C3 without downloading? Join Alerek's 2Dforts! server (link in OP)
  15. Squishie Slimer

Freaking bump for an awesome addon. Terraria pvp will never be the same again.
  16. Saber Voodoo Demon

I've been using C3 on my server for quite a while, i love this plugin :D
  17. celo753 Clinger

Could anyone get a video of it? if its good then ill use it :D
  18. Novate Bone Serpent

Can you add it so you can set a different capture point from your flag position?
  19. Saber Voodoo Demon

That would be kinda pointless XD

But my suggestion is that you add a game mode with 1 flag, for king of the hill.
  20. Novate Bone Serpent

Hardly, what generation of gaming are you from?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.