Carcharodon's Modpack - coders needed!

Discussion in 'Working in Progress Mods' started by Carcharodon, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Carcharodon

Carcharodon Slimed Zombie

Hello everyone!

I am making a modpack that will hopefully add tons of stuff to Terraria. But if I wan't to make a modpack that contains all of the things that I want it to contain I would have to be a pretty good coder. I can make the .ini files but I really suck at the .cs files.

Here are some items (more will be added as soon as they are made):

Flame Cannon.png Fire Ball.png Saw.png Meat Loaf.png Obsidian Bar.png Shiny Blue Balloon.png AwesomeGun.png Item_164.png pearl.png seaurchin.png shell.png shell2.png shellalive.png shellalive2.png

This modpack will probably add a new biome, called The Dark Forest.
    Here is my first attempt for the background:

Background Dark Forest.png

The Dark forest is a pretty dark biome that has huge trees and instead of grass it has what I would like to call dark grass.
    Mobs that spawn there are: Dark horses, large amphibians, owls and hopefully more.
    The trees there are much stronger than the normal trees and you get another, darker and stronger type of wood from cutting them. Poisonous mushrooms also grow there (sprites will be made soon).

Dark Horse: Dark Horse.png

So, if you are a coder please let me know because I could really need some help making this modpack.

Attached Files:

2. Duglink

Duglink Cursed Man

this looks really cool! you're making it in tConfig, right? because then i might be able to help you out a little...

3. Carcharodon

Thanks! Yes I'm making this is tConfig

4. Duglink

Duglink Cursed Man

could ya add me on skype?(i'll pm you the skype name) for communicating and stuff
    although, beware! im not a tconfig god, but i know how to do some stuffs

5. smokesjackson

smokesjackson Snow Flinx

Love your saw sprite is this gonna be a upgrade over the axe?

6. Carcharodon

Yeah, it might be. But there is one thing for sure, it's gonna be good for woodcutting

7. Carcharodon

I can add you on Skype, but not right now. I'll do that as soon as I can!

8. Jojiro

Jojiro Hornet

9. Carcharodon

The Dark forest is a pretty dark biome that has huge trees and instead of grass it has what I would like to call dark grass.
    Mobs that spawn there are: Dark horses, large amphibians, owls and hopefully more.
    The trees there are much stronger than the normal trees and you get another, darker and stronger type of wood from cutting them.
    Poisonous mushrooms also grow there (sprites will be made soon).

This is just a rough description of the Dark forest, tell me what you think :p

10. Jojiro

Jojiro Hornet

The large trees sound interesting. I'm not sure it adds enough of a new mechanic besides those trees though. What would the spawning conditions for this biome be?

Most of Terraria is underground, so I imagine random underground biomes might be more fun than more surface biomes. We created a swamp and cloud biome, but if I really think about it, they don't add a huge amount (though surface biomes are admittedly cool).

11. Carcharodon

Finally added some more stuff :D I know this ain't gonna happen soon, you know, because of all of the awesome stuff added in the last update, but I like making those sprites