Clorophyte farm.

Discussion in 'PC' started by Tsunayoshi sawada, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Tsunayoshi sawada Demon Eye

Did you know that you can grow clorophyte?
    Well you can as long as the requirements are met. You will need to be under the 3rd layer of the world,you need mud nothing else will work, a couple of pieces of clorophyte and some torches.
    Step 1 arrange little mud boxes about 7x8 will do.( to my understanding it wont spread into a huge box so little bits at a time.
    step 2 make a hole in the middle of the mud box.
    step 3 place 1 piece of clorophyte ore into the box.
    step 4 wait a while the boxes take a while to grow so just be patient
    step 5 place torches sparingly across the farm dont make boxes to bright or no clorophite will grow.
    So there you go that is what im currently doing right now its very affective :) Untitled.png
  2. AzureMetal Fungi Bulb

Why can't you light it up too much? Tooltip says it reacts to the light.
    Gmodlol61 likes this.
  3. Tsunayoshi sawada Demon Eye

yes it does it dosent grow as much when there is tons of light but when its dim its rate increases rapidly think about the jungle with jungle spores
    theres always clorophyte near jungle spores (for me at least)
  4. Lord Carver Possessed Armor

This is the first time I've even heard of this.
    doornoob and Gmodlol61 like this.
  5. Tsunayoshi sawada Demon Eye

just a matter of speculation from my own side it seems that it grows in dim lighting more than in bright lighting but dark works as well as dim.
  6. Razor Knight Icy Merman

Leave a jungle alone long enough, and it'll be packed with Chlorophyte, even in areas where no light's ever touched the mud. I think the tooltip is just trolling us all.
  7. rubeszilla Wandering Eye

Nice idea and I like farms but it's about as useful as a Crystal Shard or Fireblossom farm. Stay away from the jungle for a few days and return to find enough Chlorophyte to construct the Emerald City.

I'd like the spawn rate of all herbs and Chlorophyte to drop off the scales, making stuff like this a lot more useful.

EDIT: Posted same time as Razor!

From the wiki:

Chlorophyte Ore will actually grow, converting Mud into more Chlorophyte. However, this only occurs at Underground level or deeper. Chlorophyte Ore will not grow if there are more than 25 Chlorophyte blocks within 30 tiles, or if there is more than 150 within 80 tiles. Chlorophyte Ore has a tendency to convert mud without immediately changing the mud's appearance. Re-joining the server or otherwise reloading affected tiles will remedy this visually and the converted mud blocks will still yield the ore either way.

An easy way to have chlorophyte farms as large as you desire is to spread 5x5 blocks of mud with a kernel of ore in the center 4 blocks apart. This will ensure that every mud block has the potential to be a chlorophyte ore.

I think in single player if you quit and restart the game you might notice twice as much Chlorophyte.
  8. Razor Knight Icy Merman

Some spend hours building the perfect Fireblossom farm. I spend those hours walking back and forth through hell, and I get some stacks of fireblossom for my trouble, along with many other things which can be gathered down there.
    rubeszilla likes this.
  9. doombotmecha Green Slime

I have an accidental fireblossom farm, because I built much of my WoF arena and my skybridge out of ash

an I'm finding cphyte left and right in my jungle
    rubeszilla likes this.