Coin Vanishing Trick

Discussion in 'PC' started by Feldar Snope, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Feldar Snope Green Slime

So, I had over 100 gold coins and to save some space I turned them into a platinum coin. Then I found the goblin tinkerer and to let him move to his new apartment I went to kill the EOW a few times. This I did and then I went to buy stuff off him. I had 12 gold and I wanted to buy the rocket boots, the ruler, the workshop and the toolbelt. So, I went to the piggy bank and got out my preciousss platinum coin. I bought the items I wanted and sold the demonite ore that I had to make my money back up (4 stacks of demonite). On completing said transation I found I had just 27 gold left!

The cost of the items was only 26 gold. I had 112 gold to start with (100 gold in the form a plat coin) AND I sold 4 stacks of demonite. So what happened to my lovely plat coin?

It wasn't on the floor. I've exited the game and gone back in. But nada. No coin anywhere in my inventory (it was in the coins section). For a while I had the option to make 100 gold coins - BUT there was no plat coin in my inventory at all, I checked very carefully and after a few minutes that option went away.

Anyone else experienced vanishing coins?.
  2. drsonic1 Green Slime

Yes, that's actually a commonly experienced bug...
  3. Silverity Snow Flinx

Just cheat in a new one xD
  4. Feldar Snope Green Slime

Noooooooo! lol.. It's only gold. I can make it back. It's an annoyance rather than a problem :). I suppose it would be "legitimate" to do so as it was a bug that removed it in the first place but, no. I shall just make sure I convert my coins to gold before buying stuff in future. I am reassured by knowing that I'm not the only one it's happened to (thanks drsonic1)
  5. Silverity Snow Flinx

Well, Ookay then. why'd you post this again?
    Lord Carver likes this.
  6. Feldar Snope Green Slime

Oh I'm sorry was it not clear enough? I wanted to find out if it had happened to anyone else - turns out it's a well known bug. Also sometimes when you post stuff people have a solution to your problem. Not this time though, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles as they say (at least not a solution I want to use).
  7. Silverity Snow Flinx

Haha. i see what you did there. if you meant to do it. The platinum coin being a cookie, a cookie being a piece of data. Lol. you probably didnt do that on purpose though. Or did you? :confused:
  8. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

I've never experienced that, but it sounds annoying.