Collecting Statues and Mineshafts

Discussion in 'PC' started by Soul64x, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Soul64x

Soul64x Bunny

Since I've gotten a full (warrior) hallowed set and Excalibur on one of my characters, I decided to start collecting statues. It's pretty fun, finding these nice little trophies. It has been brought to my attention that the mini-shafts are REALLY helpful for collecting trophies though. Anyways, other people's thoughts?

2. Mythril Guy

Mythril Guy Voodoo Demon

Shafts are one way of finding statues. You can also find statues randomly underground and of course the angel statue in chests.

3. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Moderator Staff Member

Not sure what you mean by mineshafts/mini-shafts. The underground cabins that are generated usually have one or more statues in/near them. But as Mythril Guy says, they can be anywhere underground, sometimes submerged in lava so that they are very hard to see without using something like TEdit or TerraFirma (which can highlight specific items).

Somewhat related: I play Terraria a lot, and generally do a pretty thorough exploration of my worlds. I usually find multiples of each statue type, but I don't think I've ever found a single Piranha statue. Weird.

4. Voyager

Voyager Face Monster

The statues are totally random. I just create shafts and horizontal lines to move faster to dig sites.

5. MantasX12

MantasX12 Hell Bat

You have rooms for those all statues right ? :D

6. Soul64x

Soul64x Bunny

My bad, I meant underground cabin. Didn't know the official name until a few days ago (after posting this). And, apparently up to 3 statues can show up in there. Pretty nice prize when you find them. ^^

(and I know about statues and where they spawn, don't tell me about where they spawn)

Wow, not one Piranha statue? That is nuts. If I were you, I'd get on steam, look at some group discussions, try to see if you can get people to trade statues with you.

7. ZealousTerrarian

ZealousTerrarian Green Slime

Ive found almost every statue but the heart statue... after maxing my 3rd char now im going to go on him and get back to collecting :)

8. Konvick

Konvick Slimed Zombie

I found many statues but I only find 1 statue that works with wires which is a crab statue. I tried to find other functional statues like slime statues bunny statues but no luck whatsoever.

9. Soul64x

Soul64x Bunny

Actually, I have a heart statue. *shrug*