Congratulations, Mages can't kill Plantera

Discussion in 'PC' started by discomau5, Oct 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerav Slimed Zombie

No offense but Mages are probably the most op class currently.
    Ranger didnt get a huge buff dps or surviveability wise. While Mages got several really good Weapons and an op armor...
    Gungnir likes this.
  2. Krystallios Hornet

I'm actually suprised nobody mentioned the Pumpkin Moon yet; Although I had an easy time with it, Golden Shower + Spectre armor on ~15 pumpkings did the trick. Can't say the same with anybody else however.
  3. W1K suiko ibuke

Yeah mages just have auto-aiming-moving-turret get-through-walls-km-long-thorns godamn-homing-wasps insta-hit-lasers nuclear-powered-fireballs. I feel bad for them.
  4. sink Mouse

Simple steps to beat Plantera:

1. Get a grappling hook or whatever hook.
    2. Get rocket boots or wings.
    3. Find a bulb, and leave it there.
    4. Go back to the surface and dig a straight up&down tunnel to the bulb.
    5. Destroy the bulb.
    6. Go back to the surface with your hook and wings.
    7. Fly around and spam spells.
    8. ??????
    9. Plantera is dead and you barely got hit.
    origamania, Gungnir and W1K like this.
  5. Raizeneir Floaty Gross

That's post plantera now too
  6. ... Really now?

I can beat Plantera with a freaking Dark Lance and Molten Armor, having to stay within shooting range of it, and you can't kill it with autoheal armor and laser beams from two miles away?

Dude. It is kind of sad to know I could be a better mage than the average, even though I never play mage. :confused:

Poor you, little things, only having instakill beamspams which let you murder things before they even see you. Really, it must suck to be that "under"powered.

The Golden Shower is post-Plantera now?
  7. SoulForge13993 Snow Flinx

So basically, you're complaining that you're unable to cope with difficulty increase? Well, this is a first... For the count, I don't see why you're focusing on the "as a mage" part in specific. You chose to challenge and limit yourself to a mage, now deal with the consequences of your own choice. If you can't deal with it, then drop the "pure mage" and get yourself some gear from the other "classes". Otherwise, don't complain.
    Iblob and Paranσid like this.
  8. W1K suiko ibuke

Spray-to-the-rate-of-fire-of-hell-shards insta-fkin-laser-still fire-balls-leaping-over-mountains-filling-fkin-rooms penetrating-almost-long-range-defense-reducing-pee can-go-everywhere-rainbow-shot let-me-play-the-song-of-my-people-harp frozen-bouncing-balls-tho acid-rain-damn-you-pollution.
    Voogles, origamania, Iblob and 15 others like this.
  9. Krystallios Hornet

Yeah, I like you.
  10. The Golden Shower would look cheap in Touhou.
  11. Cenx Creative Director

I didn't do well with the Golden Shower on Plantera... Venom staff kicks his ass though.
    QuackersDelta likes this.
  12. W1K suiko ibuke

4 likes in less than a minute what the fuck people please I'm already taken.
    origamania, Iblob, Rydian and 6 others like this.
  13. SrrL Piranha

Ranged have the most lategame dps, those 250 megashark crits with insanely fast speed or 600 with sniper rifle are amazing, melee users just get vampire knives or corruptor spear and suddenly are unkillable.

Yea, for any chances to kill it low-armor mages require some heavy terraforming (very huge open area) or a cheating way (get it out on the surface)?
  14. Uhhh I managed to kill it with golden shower and Chlorophyte armor with no buffs.
  15. Even ranged have it easier against most bosses, really, as long as they don't try to be tanks.

Going overkill, you can use Megashark + Chlorophyte bullets. "What's aiming?"
    LordDamien likes this.
  16. W1K suiko ibuke

You actually just need to dodge if that makes you feel better. Terraforming just helps for that. Getting a big enough space out of luck works too.
  17. Cenx Creative Director

I usually just find an open area with something to chase him in circles around...then dig some "oh shit" paths just in case I need to escape. I mean by the time you are ready to fight Plantera most of your jungle is probably dug out.
  18. I wouldn't say taking plantera to the surface is cheating since it saves you time having to terraform a big enough area around the pink bulb to effectively live when you can just make a hellaelevator style hole to the bulb, break it, then quickly get to the surface and have all the free space you need like many a people have already said.
  19. PowerCosmic Werewolf

Neither of those things are cheating or even "heavy."

All you need really is an open space about the size of your monitor, hell maybe not even that big - my monitor is comparatively small, and it was fine - and then you lead Plantera from corner to corner in a circular motion, attacking while he chases you.

It's not rocket science, it's not cheating, and it's not even all that time-consuming. It's called prep work, which is often the difference between life and death in a boss fight. If that's a problem for you, you're probably playing the wrong game.

Looks like I've been ninja'd. lol
    origamania, RazorKnight and Cenx like this.
  20. Kerav Slimed Zombie

250 megashark crits. wtf... Megashark may have a very good dps, but its not better than e.g. the dps of a chlorophyte partisan on some Bosses. And as soon as you get a Paladins Hammer melees dps is easily on par with ranged.
    Wont even start on Mages... Harp, Golden Shower, Inferno Fork, Shadowbeamstaff, Magnet Spehre. Just to name a few^^
    Sniper Rifle´s Dps is worse than that of every other endgame weapon due to its speed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.