Controls - Need an in-game help screen + allow to remap them all

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by MAV, May 23, 2011.

1. MAV

MAV Green Slime

Seriously, just copy the text from here: http://wiki.terrariaonline.com/Game_controls

And put it on a help screen in game (access via ? key) as well as put ALL of them on the "controls" screen. This should let you remap all of them, too. Further, add some information about right-clicking and such.

Seriously, I played this game for about a week before finding out most of this stuff by accident. I had no idea that you could disable the HUD at all until I looked up the wiki page before writing this post. The wiki is awesome, but if you just buy it off of Steam without knowing about the wiki (which I also discovered by accident), you'll probably go crazy buying shuriken one at a time. I must have bought hundreds before I finally stumbled across the tip to right click them and about died.

And I'm the type who always tries to read the manual....

2. Continuity

Continuity Green Slime

I agree. A full remap of the mouse keys would also be wonderful. I'd love to be able to use my middle mouse button to jump. I'm a one handed gamer, so having a lot of buttons spread all over is rough; I use the arrow keys for movement and bind the number pad for active skills.

Despite that, getting used to a unique keybind setup, I'm loving the game. : ]