Cool way of makng Spiral Stairs

Discussion in 'Player Creations & Screenshots' started by Enzym, Feb 14, 2012.

?

Does it Helps??

Yes, Thanks a lot. 29 vote(s) 74.4%
No, I already know hoe to make one. 10 vote(s) 25.6%
It Sucks.. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Enzym Umbrella Slime

Here's a Cool way of making Spiral Stairs using wooden beam and plank wall...
    It really look realistic..

step how to make (open)

This is a 3 wide stairs.

Step.JPG

-You should always start with placing 1 wooden beam.
    -Then 3 planked wall and then 7 wooden beams... Repeat depending on how high you want you stair..

-This is how it look like when only walls and no wood platform..
    -Also on glass background.

-Finished Stairs on Gray and Glass wall background
    -It really look like that there a wooden beam behind it..

Using the stairs on My Arcane Tower (open)

Arcane Tower.JPG

Take note that the height of wooden beam always depends on the length of wood platform used.

2wide stairs and others (open)

Here is another example of spiral stairs and two common types that i use on one of my Base gates.
    using three types.JPG

2 high planked wall
    5 high wooden beam..

and another one
    stair.JPG
    -looks really cool on glass background..

Now that we know the awesomeness of the woods specially wooden beam and planked wall...
    Here is another awesomeness...:)

Bonus (open)

Cool way of making Pillars and Light Post on my tree farm.. cool pilars.JPG
    I dont know why most of the tree are Chibis
    Woooooooood Fanatic.. Bwahahahaha!

I hope this will Help.
  2. Yoyi Cave Bat

I like the 1block squares with the wooden beam a lot!

This is another method I use that takes into account the underside of the steps. If you think of a spiral staircase the steps that wrap around don't show the top side of the step.
    [IMG]

Edit: I just noticed the right steps (the one under the one I am standing on) are missing 1 planked wall on the right of them.
    Draco Stryfe likes this.
  3. Enzym Umbrella Slime

cool.. im gonna try it...
  4. Emcitement Snatcher

Similar to the way I did mine but I used a two length wide beam as well as two length wide platforms.
    The look made it seem to go back a bit further and add some more depth

these still are good though. :]
  5. WarfighterSev Cursed Skull

nice, I already know how to do this proficiantly but I hope this helps people who dont know how to make Spiral staircases, and you should see how I do it in my threads. (sig below) :D
  6. Draevenor Squirrel

While I always enjoyed the building aspect of Terraria, I never really planned or made "fancy" buildings. I would generally just find a spot I like and just start digging into the hill, mining out ores and connecting to small caverns where possible, then filling that space I made with homes.
    Had a nice look to it, but nothing on what I see on these forums.
    So after seeing this and a few other threads, I figured I'd fire up a new world and try building "fancy" things... and I *really* wanted to try these spiral stairs, so I figured I'd make up an arcane tower as well.
    [IMG]
    I'm really happy with how it came out ^_^ I just started building on the tower after making that staircase, and everything just sort of fell into place.

Before this, I had only built above ground on 2 occasions - one when I made a massive water tower on a friends server with my wife (well before pumps, we filled the whole thing by cloning 2 buckets for an hour or so XD) which was her idea...
    And the second thing I made pretty much just ended up as a big old square. It was boring, and I recently demolished it out of shame. SHAME I TELL YOU!

So, thanks to you and everyone who posts their creations here ^_^ you've helped make my worlds a little more beautiful.
  7. Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

Coming in to this thread I thought I would be unimpressed, but his looks pretty freakin cool
  8. Enzym Umbrella Slime

Same here XD. I also get ideas from others work so, I also want you guys to have some from me even just a lil tiny bit..
    Your tower is cool too.
  9. Dragonborn Undead Viking

I actually have my own ways on making Spiral Stairs but I don't use Planked Walls. It's more simpler than Enzym's and Yoyi's designs. :D

Anyway, I'll post some screenshots when I have time since I'm currently not at home right now anyway. :p
  10. Rainbow Dash! Green Slime

Cant Wait to see
  11. Dragonborn Undead Viking

If you didn't get it it's really simple and nothing compared to the complex spiral stairs that Yoyi made with planked walls, so I don't think I'll post a screenshot. :oops:
  12. Enzym Umbrella Slime

I use yoyi's Style on one of my base and add some twist..
    I Dont know if I done it correctly but here it is..
    ladder v2.JPG
    Yoyi likes this.
  13. ozzi9816 Green Slime

How does everyone like my new avatar?
    Infraction has been given for this message by Graceful Assassin. Details | Mar 21, 2012
  14. Dragonborn Undead Viking

That's completely off-topic and non-related to the spiral stairs whatsoever, please try to keep on topic.
  15. ozzi9816 Green Slime

Im sorry ill keep on topic. I like the way they made the stairs and might use it in the future
  16. Voyager Face Monster

It looks like a lot of people have copied this idea.
    They do look good, but I have yet to do this.
  17. Enzym Umbrella Slime

18. Saber Voodoo Demon

I find your lack of symmetry...disturbing.
  19. Luneria2 Yellow Slime

This guide is great! My brother and I use this technique for everything we build. I was wondering if you'll make a guide for the basket-weave technique that uses planked walls and beams.(Its not that popular but quiet pretty. That's why I'm asking if there's a guide for it.)
  20. MrFail117 Tim

Aesthetically, this is fantastic. :) Although functionally, this would become a bit annoying to hop down...