PC Corrupted Housing

Discussion in 'In-Game Support Archive' started by Nafrayu, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Nafrayu Green Slime

Does anyone have any ideas to help me please.
    My guide keeps dying and won't repsawn. I have checked each room in my house & some are suitable but currently occupied but a few of the others are corrupted.
    I have no idea how to change the corrupted housing back to normal so it can be occupied by a NPC.
    Please help - it's driving my nuts.
    Thank you
    x;)
  2. Klapp Eyezor

Well to cleanse the corruption I suspect that you would have to kill Jormag...
  3. Tunnel King Moderator

If the Dryad is alive, purchase Hallowed Seeds from her to make Holy Water (assuming you are in Hardmode).

If not in Hardmode, you can purchase Purification Powder from the Dryad to do the same thing. Or, rebuild your base somewhere that isn't corrupted.
  4. Nafrayu Green Slime

Thank you guys, will try that later
    x
  5. Loki ISP Moderator

Moving to in game help
  6. Zaflis Bone Serpent

In these cases we usually ask you to send a screenshot of npc room and its surroundings. You can upload 1 to forum post (save it jpg or png).
  7. TailsNight Green Slime

Or you could just chip away the grass and then use an uncorruptable material as a barrier. I'd also recammend maybe changing the area around the house or even it's compocition if it's stone that became corrupt
  8. Nafrayu Green Slime

I'm not sure how you get a screen shot bt will try it. I have corrupted grass by the house so will try and get rid of that. The house wall is built with the same bricks as the dungeon. My dryad is dead and I cant seem to make Purifcation powder. Think I've got some Hallowed Seeds from before she died. Thanks guys will try everything. x
  9. Tunnel King Moderator

If nothing else, just build some basic housing in the Hallow (or other non-corrupt place) so that you can get your NPCs to re-spawn. Then, if you are able to save your base from the Corruption, you can move them back using the housing menu.

Screenshots: F12 will save a screenshot to Steam, then you can save it and post a link. OR, you can use the PrtScr on your keyboard to copy the screen to the clipboard, open Paint/Paint.net/other graphics editor, paste the image, save as .png, then use the 'upload a file' button to imbed it into a post.
  10. Nafrayu Green Slime

11. Tunnel King Moderator

Yikes. That's a lot of corruption near your base.

Assuming that you don't want to re-locate, I'd try to remove as much of the blocks below the base as possible, using dynamite/bombs/digging. You'll want your base to float, and use rocket boots/grapples (and eventually, wings) to access your base (the NPCs don't have to be able to walk into their home). Then, if you can get the Dryad to respawn somewhere, get Hallowed seeds and Pixie dust, and make Holy Water to hallow-ify the immediate area and keep the corruption at bay; NPCs can live in Hallow but not Corruption.
  12. Nafrayu Green Slime

Thank you. Currently putting lots of silt underneath the base as I found that is immune to Hallow & Corruption.
    How do you get your base to float? Is it just a case of blowing up everything underneath?
    Thanks again for you help.
    Nat
    x
  13. Tunnel King Moderator

Clay is also immune, as is wood or any kind of brick. Ash blocks from the underworld work, too.

You make it float by removing the solid blocks beneath it (or, start building it above the surface. You can dig it out or use bombs to remove the material faster. Another benefit to having a floating base is that wraiths and clowns won't be able to reach it if there is at least an 8-10 block gap.
  14. Nafrayu Green Slime

Cool, currently my silt is 4 blocks deep but a floating base sounds much better, what about each side if I leave a fair gap.
    Another silly question but do the NPC's get to the base even if its floating? and do the corrupted rooms become uncorrupted?
    Thanks again. This game is so addictive :) x
  15. Tunnel King Moderator

NPCs can always teleport to their housing, they don't need 'direct access'. You can build a base at the top of space, and they'll get there.

'Corrupted' housing is ruled by this: http://wiki.terrariaonline.com/Housing#Location. The farther away corruption is from your house/base, the better.

Wraiths float up through solid blocks and hover above the surface, so even if you leave gaps at the ends, they can still get into your base through whatever 'path' you leave. The vertical space required to keep them out is more like 8-10 blocks. Keeping them out isn't strictly necessary, it's more a case of whether you want to be bothered by them.