Craftable Statues

Discussion in 'Blocks & Decorations' started by Zaffre2, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Zaffre2 Mouse

I searched around for this and didn't find anything so I figured I would post.

After searching fruitlessly for two hours for slime statues, I have decided to make this suggestion. The premise is simple; allow different statues to be crafted with two hundred stone each, similar to the armor statue. I think this would make construction of structures and farms easier, and also remove the hassle from searching caves for statues only to find useless ones.

What is your feedback on this idea?
  2. aMoka Bunny

Well. I think that would be much too easy. I would think that statues with functions should have some kind of material requirement that pertains to the output. ie. Slime Statue would require X amount of stone and Y amount of gel.
    Farlander likes this.
  3. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

^ This, stone is far too easy to acquire.
  4. Weegee Yellow Slime

I don't think that statues were meant to be created... Who knows what ancient spirits you may release?!
    Corporal Dogmeat likes this.
  5. Farlander Tim

That's a good idea, however, there isn't really a material for King and Queen Statues, so it might be a little bit tricky to find a crafting recipe for them.
  6. Mariox222 Slimed Zombie

That's way to easy. For crafting i think it must take way more then just gel and stone.
    By the way search for statues is fun
  7. Naughty Fins Devourer

Searching for statues is way more fun than crafting one, it gives the game the "collection" feel, I've collected almost all the statues in one of my sp worlds.
  8. GreenLink93 Green Slime

I agree that it does have a collection feel to it. Like the rare enemy drops, it's something that players can get to feel a sense of accomplishment.
  9. RayWay Snatcher

even if it's too easy, maybe we can make it hard and just for a few little amount of statues. like this:

you need a slime around, mud, water, dirt and gel for the part one. After 3 game days, you need stones and water to make a statue from the slime. it's like how i made stucco statues when i was 7.

and also you can make a few more of those less needed and less used statues.
  10. Corporal Dogmeat Slimed Zombie

Completely agreed. Statues are collectible trophies that you get for mining. They're hard to get, but that's what makes them special. It means that if you have one, you've done a lot of mining.
    cooldude1128 and Naughty Fins like this.
  11. Naughty Fins Devourer

If you have one, it means you've slayed a giant phoenix and glued its feathers to a gun to make a Phoenix Blaster you've explored a deep part of the world and deserved a reward.