CC Creation Compendium: Emergency Services (Next Week: Escher)

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by Kane, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Kane

Kane Administrator Staff Member

blank.png
    intro.png
    This week's theme is Emergency Services, Since the recent events that had unfortunately unfolded I thought what better time to create art of then that of the men and women who put their lives on the line each day to protect our cities and us. This would be anything like Police, Fire, Hospitals, Ambulances, and heck even the power company goes out each day risking their lives to restore the power. Also just to add things like Red Cross I consider in this Category as well.

There is much to see, create, and discover in the world of Terraria, so the aim of this recurring piece is to focus on a small part of it and see what you all have come up with.

Rossmallo
    Rossmallo.png
    ozzi9816
    GernotTheClonkeror
    GernotTheClonkeror.png
    Enzym
    Enzym.png
    Bardioc Thundar
    Bardioc Thundar.png
    kingicarus
    kingicarus.png

Next week's theme is Escher, This one is rigged for AyeAye12! :), and remember don't worry about your creativity skills, you can only get better by practicing :)

To submit images or videos, please post directly on my profile.
    • Width of 525px or more is preferred - I can work with more, but less is difficult for my post flow.
    • Thread links are best, so people can go directly to your galleries and comment. Other image links are accepted as well still.
    • Compendiums go out Wednesday or Thursday, it depends on my schedule at the time. For best results, submit by Tuesday night or Wednesday morning at the latest.
    We want your submissions! Most, if not all, end up in the weekly posts unless there is a clear clash with the theme or evident lack of effort.

Here are themes for the next several weeks - however, please only submit for the current week:
    Show Spoiler

Sprites
    Anime
    Memes
    Museums
    Landscapes
    Patterns/Designs
    Sports
    City
    Monuments
    Contraptions & Wiring
    Misc (Anything and Everything)
    Weaponry
    Wall Art

If you have suggestions for themes, mention it in the comments. Both vague and specific themes are welcome - it's fun to leave things open to interpretation sometimes!

Thanks Varler for compiling a nice new list for us. Now we just need to color code them :)

Cricket, AyeAye12, blumchen and 2 others like this.
  2. Nakano15

Nakano15 Devourer

Why 2 of these entries does not make's sense with this week's compendium?
    And why both of them have helicopter on it?

3. Oranje

Oranje THE Orange Troll

Escher is going to be hard as nails. But I will try my best.

4. GernotTheClonkeror

GernotTheClonkeror Doctor Bones

When I'm confused about an entry, it usually helps to view the thread post for a creation. For instance, mine(the first heli) is explained on my thread as being an army helicopter, and an explanation as to why they fit into the definition of emergency services.
    On Kingicarus' entry, it tells a short story of him being rescued by it in-game. Probably the same idea.
    I hope that clears it up a bit! 8D

5. Stackerzgame

Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

All of these creations are good this week.

That red block is so amazing, why the hell was it never added in game.

6. Rossmallo

Rossmallo Voodoo Demon

Agreed entirely.

Oh, and I should point out, Adamantite bricks exist in that mod, too.

7. kingicarus

kingicarus Floaty Gross

There's only room for one modded compendium entry on this forum! >Bl

8. Rossmallo

Rossmallo Voodoo Demon

Yep, and I'm occupying it. Go frustrate some SSBB players.

Nah, love ya really.

9. kingicarus

kingicarus Floaty Gross

Never! I was here first! In the before-times!

thanks, I appreciate that :p

10. Escher? Been waiting for that for a while :3 should have prepared. Whatever! Nice entries this week btw.

11. Nakano15

Nakano15 Devourer

So,Kane failed.XD

12. Classikly

Classikly Frankenstein

Gee, I wonder who made it.

13. Stackerzgame

Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

The concept is great, the execution is sub par.

14. Classikly

Classikly Frankenstein

I actually agree with you on that one.

15. Flynn Callahan

Flynn Callahan Green Slime

Life-Flight services airlift injured peoples after something like a semi truck crushing a Pontiac into a brick wall. Or a monster truck T-Boning a Monty Carlo... *sniff* *sniff*

16. Rossmallo

Rossmallo Voodoo Demon

Are you referring to my building? If so, I'd love to hear how it could be done better.

I'm not being sarcastic here. Me likey constructive criticism.

17. Flynn Callahan

He was referring to the Adamandite Brick from Pickaxe+. But, as for your entry, next time, look for a bigger picture. Literally. For instance, instead of just a nice little... clinic, think of that just being a gateway into a complex of large and small ones of that, maybe a helicopter landing pad, or an ambulance coming into an ER garage.

Edit: Also, what exactly does Escher mean?

18. Classikly

Classikly Frankenstein

Nope, he was talking to me and just being Stackerz.

19. Rossmallo

Rossmallo Voodoo Demon

[​IMG]

This sort of malarkey, stuff that could not exist in real life from a dimentional perpsective. For the biggest offender: Look in particular at the aqueduct, and where the support beams for those are connecting to.

20. Flynn Callahan

Ha, the whole "illogical triangle" thing put to action. I love it.