CC Creation Compendium: Escher (Next Week: Sports)

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by Kane, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Kane Administrator

blank.png
    intro.png
    This week's theme is Escher!, I don't even know what to say here. AyeAye12 Where the heck are you!

There is much to see, create, and discover in the world of Terraria, so the aim of this recurring piece is to focus on a small part of it and see what you all have come up with.

Draco Stryfe

ExplosiveSheep

Next week's theme is Sports, Now this one is a bit more challenging for many of us, but hopefully we can still illustrate what sports look like from back when we were wee active little ones!

To submit images or videos, please post directly on my profile.
    • Width of 525px or more is preferred - I can work with more, but less is difficult for my post flow.
    • Thread links are best, so people can go directly to your galleries and comment. Other image links are accepted as well still.
    • Compendiums go out Wednesday or Thursday, it depends on my schedule at the time. For best results, submit by Tuesday night or Wednesday morning at the latest.
    We want your submissions! Most, if not all, end up in the weekly posts unless there is a clear clash with the theme or evident lack of effort.

Here are themes for the next several weeks - however, please only submit for the current week:
    Show Spoiler

Sprites
    Anime
    Memes
    Museums
    Landscapes
    Patterns/Designs
    Sports
    City
    Monuments
    Contraptions & Wiring
    Misc (Anything and Everything)
    Weaponry
    Wall Art

If you have suggestions for themes, mention it in the comments. Both vague and specific themes are welcome - it's fun to leave things open to interpretation sometimes!

Thanks Varler for compiling a nice new list for us. Now we just need to color code them :)
    Stackerzgame and Oranje like this.
  2. Gabriel91SatanGod Cursed Skull

Beautiful! Good work guys!
  3. ibowser123 Vampire

Let's just say it was TWO much of a challenge for anyone else to make any creations this week...

eh eh eh.

:p
    connery0 and Cricket like this.
  4. Dragonized Illuminant Slime

• Please add more content to your posts to avoid Lack of Content infractions, thanks.

ShakiraLaughsHard.jpg
    Audax, Oranje and Gabriel91SatanGod like this.
  5. Rossmallo Cursed Skull

Oh god, Explosive, That right there is gorgeous. I love it.
  6. Classikly Flying Snake

AyeAye the traitor.
    AyeAye12 likes this.
  7. AyeAye12 Spore Zombie

EscherManor.png oh fiddlesticks; I have made one don't worry! Let me just upload >__>

EDIT: Here's da picture;
  8. Takeshidude TOAOGH

Darn, I totally forgot about this one -_- I love Escher's work, and would have tried something like Ascending and Descending. Oh well, good work everyone :)
  9. kingicarus Floaty Gross

10. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

You guys are awesome. Your creations never fail to amaze me, even on a challenge like this.
  11. nababoo Dark Caster

I have many insane ideas for sports.

Extreme sports.
  12. connery0 The Wiremancer

a slime soccer video? WITH FLAMETHROWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Maplestrip Corruptor

Ahw, I love Escher, but this isn't much sadly. These two look really good, though :D

Well, I know there can be a lot of epic Terraria sports. I'm expecting a lot of you guys!
    I'm almost feeling like putting my tiny arena's in, but I decide not to, since they're tiny in the way of complete uselessness and are just grey bricks on dirt :p
  14. ibowser123 Vampire

Underwater Jenga.

That is all.
    connery0 and Takeshidude like this.
  15. TheStereo84 Herpling

I feel like the reason not many people entered is because 1. Not many people know what "Escher" is and 2. They're too lazy to look it up.
  16. ibowser123 Vampire

And 3. Escher's style is typically quite hard to recreate in Terraria when certain things can't go in certain ways.

Granted people could have done some of his normal works, but I don't think many people know about them.
    Takeshidude likes this.
  17. Classikly Flying Snake

Escher in 2D is a hard feat indeed.
    connery0 likes this.
  18. Crontic Green Slime

Not going to lie, Escher was not a good choice. Escher is some cray cray 3D stuff, and Terraria is 2D.
  19. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Which is why, any creations made resembling it will be epic as fuck.
  20. Enzym Umbrella Slime

Why there is only 2 entries?
    oh make it 3 bcoz AyeAye joins to :D