CC Creation Compendium: RELOADED

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by AyeAye12, Feb 1, 2013.

1. AyeAye12 Paladin

You know what this forum needs? A feature in which player creations can get shared in one easy place, and possibly on the front page of the forum!

Oh wait, we used to have that. But then Kane stopped posting it.

So I used my initiative and decided to make a new one. Might not get on the front page, but oh well at least we have this.

However, I need suggestions! Give me suggestions for new categories and the like in the comments on this thread!

Yet that's not all. This extravaganza of creativity is no longer only exclusive to those who build in Terraria. No, this contest is now open to artists of other mediums! The new two being literature and artists (digital and traditional).

Any ideas for more categories of creations, please suggest!

Also, the time you have to get your creations in is two weeks now.

RULES
    • Must be of decent quality! (I'm not looking for fine art, but a dirt block isn't art. Unless we're doing a modern art theme. In which case, it could pass.)
    • Post your submissions in a seperate thread/ thread with all creations, and post the link on my profile!
    • Has to be in for the deadline!
    Categories: Literature In-Game Creation Art Other

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEADLINE: Thursday 1st April GMT 5:00 PM

Have fun!
  2. connery0 The Wiremancer

you could start with the themes that were planned in the last cc.
  3. AyeAye12 Paladin

Could I have a link to them please? Thank you!
  4. connery0 The Wiremancer

Sprites
    Museums
    Landscapes
    patterns/designs
    city
    monuments
    contraptions & wireing
    misc( anything and everything)
    weaponry
    wall art
    connery0 apreciation week

I made a small edit, but these were the themes. glad your bringing this back
    Space Sphere, m31k and AyeAye12 like this.
  5. Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

My support.
    AyeAye12 likes this.
  6. m31k Corrupt Bunny

This god my support too, I forgot to start building again.
  7. AyeAye12 Paladin

The deadline has been increased to an extra week as people forgot about it and i can't do much with one entry.

Deadline; 21st of Feburary.
  8. Enzym Umbrella Slime

Can I join?
  9. AyeAye12 Paladin

Everyone can join!
  10. Loki ISP Moderator

I'll just say that you kick ass for restarting this beloved feature. Kudos!

In honor of the prevalent meme of reds return, I humbly suggest bacon as next weeks theme :)
    kalvindeane and AyeAye12 like this.
  11. Enzym Umbrella Slime

Wish this will be like the old CC that will be featured at the home page :C
  12. Loki ISP Moderator

Working on agreement there....all I can say now is stay tuned and we'll see. :)

For now, let the crafting commence - oh and check out the latest 505 contest...I'd suspect CC folks would do quite well.
  13. Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

Build something.
  14. Loki ISP Moderator

No, because Life. ;)

(I wish I had the time, I really do...but at some point I'd love to show some of the modest stuff I've been party to creating)
  15. m31k Corrupt Bunny

Do it in TEdit, program that edit terraria maps and save a lot of time what people haven't?
  16. Loki ISP Moderator

Very familiar with it, though my creations are all handmade. :).

It's a function of time on my PC for gaming and how time is divided within that across various games. With a career and family...kids...dedicated time to design and implement cool stuff is limited. Thus, the stuff I have done is typically via co op and done over weeks of time (making CC difficult).

It's also way less grandiose than a lot of the epic stuff around here. Still, I find it nice in its smaller scale.

I will certainly be glad to showcase some old stuff and any new items as they are generated (especially on console where I have an existing set of buddies that are waiting to build) and with the new update.

Regardless, I'll try to show something - even if it isn't themed vs CC.

Appreciate the interest/pushing me to build. Makes me wish I was near my PC. :)
  17. AyeAye12 Paladin

:D Thank you so much!

As for the Bacon theme, I might add it in but remember that the theme extends over various types of medium, so it has to be adaptable.
  18. Loki ISP Moderator

I was half kidding anyway. ;)

Just need to be sure Kane is ok with this being official and/or if he desires to start it back up around the update.
    AyeAye12 likes this.
  19. Loki ISP Moderator

Double posting to insure you guys get an alert. I think you will forgive me.

Kane pulled the CC initially due to a lack of entries. It looks bad and is kinda pointless to run a weekly event where people stopped participating. He had planned to try and restart around the two new launches.

That said, he is also perfectly fine if you want to try to run it more informally here and then he will be happy to promote the threads containing all of the submissions once they are in.

So...good news?

I'd suggest not doing a weekly thing...rather do two weeks to allow time for more entries.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers!
    AyeAye12 likes this.
  20. AyeAye12 Paladin

That's what I'm doing ;)

But thanks for the heads up!