Crimson Biome?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Slurm, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Scytche Slimed Zombie

It's red and stuff. It's RED.
    It's mostly either an edit a texture pack or just a joke. (Or a harder corruption.)
    But still it's RED.
  2. Star and Moon Blood Crawler

I'm talking about the dreamcast version. At one level, there was like a clan or something of dolphins called the crimson.
  3. Slurm Slimed Zombie

4. Pofinator Hornet

I think that was only speculation, not confirmed. Right? Because hard mode already is a huge thing that happens when wof is killed

And also, We don't know what it is. But its real. A steam background had a artwork for it. Description was, "You have 1.2 reasons to care about this."
  5. Supeh Mario Angry Nimbus

I really wonder how the Crimson biome will actually look like in-game. It'll be almost all crimson, of course, but I'm just wondering what kind of amazing stuff we'll see there. I especially want to see the background.
    You should merge your posts into one. You know, to avoid unnecessary problems.;)
  6. Pofinator Hornet

Sorry, I never double post. Didnt even realize I did. Will merge now.
  7. Loki ISP Moderator

Just saw that I may have been misunderstood.

Crimson is very real.

The in game screen in this thread is not a picture of it.
  8. ImDeath Angel Statue

On my best guess about the Crimson Biome, i would say it's a Daytime Blood Moon type, where the sun raises really low so it gives a dawn/nightfall type of colour to everything... the whole day.... yeah, logic. >.<
  9. piinyouri Lava Slime

The monastery stood towering above the ruined city
    It shadowed all the new emerging settlements and homes
    To look down on the ruins was to sympathize and pity
    All the suffering and heartache, all the graves and broken bones
    For buried there a testament to the evil of a queen
    A misery that spread across a weak and stricken land
    The crimson birth that swamped the earth in dark and deadly dreams
    And all mankind did bow beneath the power of her hand
  10. pizdabol Angel Statue

I though "wtf's wrong with those guys, that's obviously not Terraria material" till I red it's supposed to be concept. This for real?
    If so I'm all up for this one, reminds me of those old sega series called Splatterhouse, check their art out, pretty awesome. I would love to see something like that in Terraria (now that I think about it, WoF kinda is).

PS: Check the old sega megadrive ones, not this new 3d garbage, that's lame.
  11. Me3 Moth

This has to have something to do with the blood moon. I mean, considering that the main theme of the blood moon is that the moon glows bright, crimson red and causes an uproar of evil. The Crimson biome sounds so similar to that.
  12. Serp Tim

Sooo, is nobody gonna mention that creepy looking old man on the left :confused:? Also, maybe it's like, a mixture of corruption AND hallowed. Maybe when they meet, it creates the crimson biome, and it begins taking over both biomes :O
  13. dokydom Fire Imp

[IMG]
    I think this is just color remake of corruption, real crismon will be differend than this, if there will be crismon...
  14. Z0MG Pixelz Cursed Skull

Lol the crimson is not just recolored corruption for sure. That'd be grade A console content crap. Haha. The crimson will be its own unique biome and it will be awesome for sure.
    JustarandomTerrarian likes this.
  15. pizdabol Angel Statue

He's exactly what reminds me of Splatterhouse-style baddies. Besides, you know, guts being actually splattered everywhere. Though, how were you able to deduce his its age is beyond me.

[IMG]
    Rock on, masked dude!
  16. Chadwick9000 Wandering Eye

Creepy looking old man? All I see to the left is an amnesia creature?
  17. Olsonzap Bunny

wow,so no one thinks that it is just a Texture pack...PHAIL,look at the first post's background... do you see purple or is it just me?
  18. J-50N Snatcher

Did you write that yourself?

On topic, The crimson biome seems to me to be maybe a variant of the corruption which does not spread and has unique mobs and items.
  19. piinyouri Lava Slime

Oh no, 'fraid not.
    It's a part of a song by the band "Edge of Sanity". The album in question is titled "Crimson II" and is arranged as one single massive song, and when I heard of this crimson biome that album immediately came to mind, specifically that verse.
  20. J-50N Snatcher

It is appropriate.