PC Curse Introduces Extended Author Rewards for Terraria Mappers

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by Kane, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Kane Administrator

Today, we at Curse would like to announce that we're extending our author rewards program to all of our mappers and mod authors! If you upload your Terraria maps to Curse, you'll not only receive a free Premium subscription when you reach 1,000 total downloads, but you'll also be able to enroll in the full rewards program.

CurseForge (or any Forge) Authors
    Spend points you earn through downloads at our CurseForge store for Amazon gift cards or cash, located here. To date, we've given almost a million dollars back to our authors!

Bukkit Devs

If you're also a Minecraft author, you'll want to go to your Bukkit Dev profile and click the "Sign up now" link. You can buy all your goodies through Bukkit's own personal rewards store: https://dev.bukkit.org/store/.

We're also testing a new reward structure over the next 1-2 months which will allow authors to claim PayPal cash prizes more often, with a new minimum incentive in the shop of $100.

All of the stores are interconnected, so Forge users can go to the Bukkit store, and vice versa. We do hope you'll take advantage of this amazing opportunity to let us give back to you. As always, our massive range of addons developed by valuable community members can be found at http://www.curse.com in the Downloads dropdown at the top.
    Epickid, Loki ISP, Bullseye55 and 2 others like this.
  2. connery0 The Wiremancer

Looks like w1k is going to earn back the money he spend on terraria prety fast now
  3. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

i wonder if i ever will get any money for that shit biospheres map i made back in the day
  4. m31k Unicorn

If yes, so lets make maps :D, I really got idea for map, maybe I could start making map.
  5. W1K Suika Ibuki's CYAN Knight

YES THIS IS AN AMAZING NEWS.

*check links*

*only maps*

well duh.
    Bullseye55 and Klokinator like this.
  6. Solenix Snatcher

I want to ask a few questions in my confusion. I may have missed something, but as far as I remember, CurseForge has only hosted Terraria maps and not mods. Can anybody please guide me to where this mod section is? I'd be interested in applying. I've looked for a while and I still can't find this modding secton.

Secondly, if you are indeed talking about maps and not mods, I have at least 1900 total downloads on two separate maps. Making it 3800 downloads in total, I have entered the reward points program as well, but I have yet to receive any points.

Excuse me for my retardedness and thanks in advance.
  7. Kane Administrator

As far as I know only Maps. I don't think we have a legal so called usage on Mods yet even Terraria Mods are sort of borderline due to lawyers and etc. Something we never had worked out but have allowed anyway's in the community. Don't get me wrong the mods are amazing and what this community has produced is amazing.

I will let you guys know if anything ever does change though with modding but unless something like Bukkit/forge wise on a larger organized skills with blessings from Andrew, then I don't think it will happen.

PS: Don't blame Andrew as its not his fault as well its how the law works and legal crap that happens having to deal with lawyers and ect.
    Epickid, blumchen and W1K like this.
  8. Blu Moderator

Perhaps we could re-word this just a little to be less misleading? I would swap out the word modder for map maker or something like that.
  9. Kane Administrator

You fixed :)

Sorry about that guys. We kind got the words backwards hehe.

For everyone who wants to see all the maps check:
    http://terraria.curseforge.com/maps/
    blumchen likes this.
  10. Solenix Snatcher

So, does anyone know why I haven't received my points yet? I have over 1000 downloads
  11. Kane Administrator

12. Klokinator Raincoat Zombie

13. Kane Administrator

That is overall to all of curse. Though I left it only for Terraria as Mappers.
  14. Klokinator Raincoat Zombie

Still, it sounds to pretty much anyone reading the thread like they mean "terraria mod authors". Meh, I don't mod/map anyway xP
  15. Blu Moderator

As much as I would love this to include actual game modders, who've really helped keep this place going, I get the that legal issues would cause considerable restrictions, especially when cash is involved :( So when I first read this, I went "wait, what?!" So yeah, thanks for fixing :)
  16. PuLSe Cactus King

Hmm... so... looks like I'm a Premium Member... didn't know that until just now. Does that mean I get a cookie?

Honestly, I'm not sure what that means at all...

I wonder how many points I have... maybe I can buy 2 cookies...

Oh, look, my reputation is 0. That sounds really, really bad...

... back to building...

Edit: Hmm, click here so I can get points (done... wonder if that's retroactive, or if I hosed myself out of a bunch... better late than never I suppose).

Read up on the Premium part... ok, no ads is good...
  17. Kane Administrator

Besides on TO ;) We are using our own forum system. But overall it gives you a few features over the entire curse network like NO Ads some betas and contests.
  18. Lord Carver Possessed Armor

Remember to read the contracts ToS on this before diving in.

Just saying.

Time for me to hit the ol dusty trail..
  19. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

20. ibowser123 Eyezor

Now I have the sudden urge to make tons and tons of maps...nah.