PC Curse is Hiring!

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by Kane, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Kane Administrator

Have you ever wanted to work in the gaming industry? We're currently looking to fill several positions in our Huntsville, AL Development, Design, and Marketing office!
    Working for Curse, you will have the opportunity to work with a young, growing team of passionate and talented individuals making a living doing what they love. Take a look below at the new positions we are actively looking to fill, and apply today:

Lead Front End Developer
    As the Lead Front-End Developer your primarily responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of websites and web application’s user interfaces. This involves working closely with designers, in using semantic mark-up language to turn their designs into working browser based web pages. You’ll also work closely with server-side developers to implement their code in order to develop interactive websites. You will also provide leadership to other front-end developers in the engineering department.

Creative Director
    Develops concepts and plans, designs, and directs development and production of promotional and marketing materials.

Product Manager
    The Product Manager will work closely with the Director of Product to define product strategy and road maps for Curse’s online products. They will collaborate with teams of engineers, designers, and community managers to build and enhance products for Curse’s gaming communities. They will be responsible for project management, innovation, and execution for one or more of Curse’s online products.

Marketing Sales Project Manager
    Develop and executes marketing programs. Coordinate the organization’s sales, marketing and development departments to execute marketing projects.

Marketing and Business Manager
    Directs, administers, and coordinates marketing department activities.

Marketing Coordinator
    The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting, implementing, and maintaining company marketing efforts including branding, online promotion, sweepstakes/giveaways, and trade show presence. In addition, some PR coordination and support is required.

Customer Service Representative
    Provides customers with courteous customer service online and over the phone. Works to solve customer issues.

Video Production Manager
    The Video Production Manager will manage full-service in-house production department. Create video content for Curse related websites. Act as Producer, Director, Director of Photography and Lighting Director for all productions.

YouTube Manager
    The YouTube Channel Manager in responsible for organizing the CurseNetwork YouTube Channel videos and managing their descriptions, annotations and working with channel partners to keep up with the increasing visibility of the CurseNetwork Channel.

Source: Auroralyn At Curse.com News
  2. Lord Carver Werewolf

How much you pay?
  3. ibowser123 Vampire

*sees jobs involving videos*

Mhhmm...yes... >.>
  4. Kane Administrator

10 Bucks of course :)
    ibowser123 likes this.
  5. Klokinator Raincoat Zombie

The image shows only 8 bucks. I must conclude you are a liar.
  6. FireballJoe Eskimo Zombie

I will run for every position. For once I may finally be rich!
  7. Loki ISP Moderator

Interestingly, the geography and a couple of those would be very attractive...though I doubt the pay. :/

Are there more full descriptions with salary ranges, etc?

I severely doubt it would work...but one never knows...
    Snirk Immington likes this.
  8. Kane Administrator

Lot of jobs don't really offer Salary info right up front. I assume it be a decent range with future for promotions. But like most jobs you don't know for sure until you apply. I could never get any these jobs because I live in Canada :(
  9. Loki ISP Moderator

I ask because - though the geography is attractive (I own land near one of the areas) - I would have to demand a certain salary level for things to be viable (I'm assuming even a match to current is dreaming)....do they not even publish ranges (I know exact salaries are dependent on the hire, as you stated, from past hiring experience as a manager)?

Appreciate the info....I may give it a look tomorrow.....
  10. Kane Administrator

Yeah good luck. I would not even have a clue Id assume it be over 40k a year but then again I live in Canada and that is pretty low standard. I have no clue what its like in the states.
  11. Klokinator Raincoat Zombie

I'd fuckin' take 40k a year and ask how much gay sex is needed to reach that amount.
  12. iNfiniTe Se7eNz Official Terraria Online Post Whore

I like how the corporation that threw this website under the bus is now using it as a little advertising bit due to a recent increase in activity.
  13. Sir8BitHero Yellow Slime

Alright time to get to work and try impress Curse.
    *goes to play ocarina of time*
  14. Loki ISP Moderator

Yeah, sadly, that wouldn't even come close. :(

I may still inquire just to be sure....cheers
  15. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

is it possible to get a remote internship for the lead front-end developer?
  16. femoral Squirrel

If you hire me. Do I have to work?
    ibowser123 likes this.
  17. Greg Gabe Green Slime

Same question here. Or, do you even consider remote workers?

I could recommend you full time remote workers that you could choose from. There are experts here that could fill those positions: https://www.staff.com/browse
  18. Lennon Face Monster

Hey I'd like to apply to run the whole damn thing. Hey is this thread anything but people making jokes at its stupidity?
  19. Blu Moderator

Huh, last time I looked at Curse Employment, it was in San Fran, CA.

Kane, if I made it from Canada to the USA, so can you! Maybe you can get sponsored with a work visa?
  20. TheNinjaBacon Piranha

I would like to apply for the youtube