Pre 1.2 Custom Adventure map - The Golden Temple Part 1

Discussion in 'Released Maps' started by LordBone, May 25, 2011.

1. LordBone Demon Eye

Since torches no longer work underwater, I have to remake the swimming part, so you will have a very hard time finding your way in the dark, if you play now, wait for an update.

Hello there peeps! I don't know if anyone made a Terraia Adventure map yet (I'm pretty sure somebody did), but I went on and did one. This one isn't too long so it will be continued. I suggets it for 2+ players, because it can get pretty hard if you play it alone (but more loot for you :D).

Rules are stated at start, please read all signs. You have to make a brand new character for this map, as the difficulty would be far too easy with grappling hooks and 400 HP.
    You need Terraria v1.02 to play this map.

How to install:
    (On Win 7) Put the map file into C:\User\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds\ folder. Be Sure to backup any other map that would be overwritten by my map, or it will be lost forever!

I hope you enjoy it, the map is tested it can be done, although it's a bit hard. (I died many many times on my own test :D). If you have any suggestions, bug reports, questions, please leave a comment, or contact me on steam, acc: lordbonehu .
    My native language isn't English, so if anybody finds any grammar mistakes or typos on the signs, feel free to tell me, and I'll correct them!

Last Changes:
    - Repaired the room, where the bed ceased to function.
    - Some items has been taken away for difficulty purposes
    - Chests can no longer be opened through walls

Download:
    Code:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/881026049/The_Golden_Temple_1.1.rar
    OR
    Code:
    http://www.terrariaonline.com/attachments/the-golden-temple-zip.1594/
    OR
    Code:
    http://terraria.net/download.php?file=60
    PS.: Keep your character and it's items... you'll need it in PART 2

Some Screens:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Attached Files:

2. zalak123 Green Slime

Very exellent :D
  3. Herborist Green Slime

How about a video? Or an image?
  4. tr4656 Green Slime

Yah that would be nice.
  5. LordBone Demon Eye

Thank you for the idea! I should have done that in the first place.
  6. agentknife Green Slime

Agreed.
  7. Herborist Green Slime

I'll try it out.
  8. Bob_The Angry Bunny Doctor Bones

very nice, will have to player it later.
  9. Herborist Green Slime

I haven't played it yet, but I would suggest designing it in a Castlevania way: design puzzles that can't immediately be solved, but have alternate routes that lead you to other puzzles whose solutions give you the tools to solve earlier puzzles.

So, an example would be a large chasm that you can't cross, but there is another path that leads you to a little maze that has a chest at the end with a grappling hook.
  10. weeper Green Slime

I just started it. It's really fun so far, and quite difficult. Sadly, I don't have anyone to play with. How far can you go solo?
  11. LordBone Demon Eye

You can complete it in solo too, but it will be very difficult in the end. I completed it too see if its beatable alone. It took me 1 hour x)
  12. Lotaphi Squirrel

This is awesome! I would love it if someone made a map you can bring your current characters into and it wouldn't be too easy.
  13. LordBone Demon Eye

Nice ideas there, I have something like this in this map too, but in a smaller scale. This was a half day work and wanted to be a Test to see, if ppl like Adventure map in this game. I already have ideas for the next part, and it will be much larger scale and longer. Thanks for the ideas tho.

It's hard to do that, because everybody could have a different character, with different items, so it would be impossible for some, and easy for some. Adventure maps are good with clean characters (like minecraft), so that the maker can make the path for the player. For example, if you'd had a grappling hook and a muramasa, the whole map could be done in 5 minutes.
  14. Sudeaux Green Slime

Very cool, LordBone! I am planning on playing this tomorrow. Thank you for taking the time to put this together for everyone. :)
  15. weeper Green Slime

Just finished the map. I must say, it was incredibly fun. Excellent job, LordBone!
  16. Lotaphi Squirrel

make different parts hard or easy for everyone. then people can play with multiple people! I have 6 friends I play with and we would love to be able to go in a custom dungeon with our current characters and challenge it :p

being able to have locks and keys would make so many more possibilities as well
  17. Ghastly Boss Demon Eye

Finished the map and I loved it.
    Very fun, but short.
    Can't wait for part 2. :)
  18. LordBone Demon Eye

I totally agree with that... that would be so awesome! Could use it to lock away stuff from others, or make the dungeons longer and more exciting.

Thanks everybody for the positive comments!

Also you can transfer the End-room treasures to your other char if you share a chest with your new one on the same map.
  19. Khazik Green Slime

This is amazing

looking forward to part 2
  20. Beast Green Slime

WOOOOO cant wait for part 2!!