Custom Player Skins

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Bobb1118, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Bobb1118 Green Slime

Maybe a bit more difficult to make than Minecraft skins, but we should be given the option to change them from a menu. If this game is like some others that I know, you could probably just edit the graphics in the main files, but your skin wouldn't be visible to anyone else that way.. or instead of custom skins, let us choose colors for each part of our body, if its a free-for-all server.
    Yamato-Kun, N8 the Gr8 and BlueWolf like this.
  2. CrazyCoco Nipple Lazers

Great idea.
    Bobb1118 likes this.
  3. Zeus Green Slime

From the LP, The two people have different skins, so maybe a avatar creator, but not that indepth
  4. JacZac Green Slime

like, switching heads? or Pixeling them urself? wouldnt there be pr** skins then? (please dont ban): )
  5. aavri Cursed Skull

It wouldn't be that hard to use. If they set up a template like with 3d block heros but just a 2d version, it would work most likely.
  6. Ponygon Green Slime

Yeah I like the sound of that.
  7. Rellow Green Slime

This being a pixelated game, the downloading for a custom skin probably wouldn't be that large.
    Any player with an "offensive" skin could easily be kicked/banned anyways.
  8. aavri Cursed Skull

It's a 2d pixelated game. I don't think offensive will be easy to pull off on a 32x32 sprite that has barely any detail.
  9. SFJake Cursed Skull

I think custom skins would be pretty nice. But I think they should be relatively limited, as in you can't really make a non-humanoid skin. It would still look like one of the character, just with slightly different traits and colors.

Otherwise, it could just be... awkward.

To make things more controllable, maybe have a "customize character" option, where you can more or less choose what color each part of your character is. This has a few advantages over skins and skin sharing in how its handled.
  10. totompole127 Green Slime

Custom skins would be awesome i could be Ryu.... if only they added hadouken!
  11. darklol Green Slime

lets think of the first thing most people will play as...
    theres you reason it shouldn't be in the game.
  12. oblivious12123 Green Slime

It wouldn't be that hard, I mean in the Drawn to Life games on the NDS you can create your own player design. There's a basic template to distinguish the head/arms/body/legs.
  13. SFJake Cursed Skull

Are you done bumping topics from April to add nothing to them?
  14. MasterSorez Cursed Skull

Umm. This guy meant, so you can colour your character's skins, hair, etc.
    Remember this tipic was made in 24th April.
  15. darklol Green Slime

pretty much
  16. oblivious12123 Green Slime

Umm this topic was bumped and I was adding to the suggestions list for this topic.
  17. Zygrograxgra Green Slime

I would enjoy this, and make a REAL avatar. Like an Anthro wolf, or a dragon perhaps. Maybe a sheep.

Poisson anybody?
  18. QuantumMonkey Green Slime

The "editing some image files to change how your player looks" isn't really possible, since it's written in XNA, the image and sound files are in their own format, unable to be edited by people except the creator, so the custom skin idea would be awesome ;D