Daleksax Manor: Build (WIP)

Discussion in 'Player Creations & Screenshots' started by daleksax, Jan 18, 2013.

1. daleksax Fungi Bulb

Well it's been a while so I think it is time once again for me to do an epic proportioned build in Terraria, yet this time I will be operating this build a bit differently then I usually do.

This will be my progression through a journey to create my new home. Yet this is slightly different from my normal builds, since this is a modded build, hence why it will take me longer to build for the lack of Buildaria. This build will be a fully functional Manor/Base/Castle that can be used to for everything I need in a basic play through plus some. The other part of this build is that this is not just a manor but it will also be a mod testing facility, a facility in which I can test out all the new mods I want. This portion of the Build will be found underground while the main home and living area is above ground to make a simple divide.

I would like suggestions in what should be in the mod testing facility or what you believe is needed for testing mods so far here is a list of what will be found in the facility:

-Multiple alchemy gardens
    -Multiple mob farms
    -Two or Three boss arenas
    -Mod npcs homes
    -ten to twenty vacant lots to test out mods
    -mod storage

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress:
    (all images are taken in game for the world being Tconfig and inability to take pics with Terrifirma due to that fact)

Update #1:
    This is the start of the build, as anyone who has seen my previous builds you probably know my building habits of building a skeleton first and then building the interior of a building. Probably wasn't the best time to take pics when it is starting to get dark and I have almost zero torches put up, but I'm not patient. [IMG]

Update #2:
    More progress has been made on the skeleton and I took a day time pic of it so it is easier to see (happy PuLSe?). Not much else to say except that this is only a small portion of what skeleton will be.
    [IMG]

Update #3:
    The Eastern wings' skeleton is almost complete, just a few more edits and then I can move to the other parts of manor. Don't mind the signs scattered around in each room, thous are just reminders telling what each room will be for, the rooms in the bottom left are all going to be alchemy farms. Also I decided to turn off the world background while I take the screen shots because those trees were disorienting to look at when viewing the full screen shots. once the skeleton is finished I will upload a video just walking through the manor so you can get a feel for the size and nature of it.
    [IMG]

Update #4:
    Progress has been slow, mostly for me just being to lazy to go out and collect resources for it, the other half for me redesigning a certain part of the manor a couple of times. Most prominently the changes and additions I have made is the wing to the bottom left (still WIP) and also the elaboration of the eastern wing. I've decided that there will be a courtyard running beneath the manor where some smaller building will be built, maybe put a couple shops down there.

[IMG]
    Update #5:
    I have established some of the framework now for the western wing, it still needs to be detailed, I was just using grey bricks to make the outline, I also established the roof style for all the main towers. I'm now going to work on finishing the skeleton for the Western wing and start working on doing a bit more of the detail work on it before I move on to the interior. As you can probably see I'm leaving a space oped for the courtyard right under the center of the castle, I will also be more deeply developing that soon.
    [IMG]

Update #6:
    Well the frame work for the above ground manor is almost completed, now all that is left, that needs completing is the pillar to the far right. I've put some small buildings into the courtyard, one of them being a bar, another one being a magicians shack (where my wizard will live). Once I finish the last bit of frame work I will move on to the interior, and once Finished with that I will go work on the underground facility.
    [IMG]

Update #7:
    Well I'm finally back to work after a long break from this project and I guess it's time for a progress update. Today I have worked on the alchemy farms and storage rooms, only really working on the interiors, which of course are of greatest importance for a functional base. I still need to finish the Western tower, but besides that the exterior is finished, I'll probably work on that tower tonight and get some update out again this weekend.
    [IMG]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll try to post progress updates regularly (we all know that isn't going to happen), most likely a couple updates a week. I wouldn't expect this build to take to long though, probably a month at longest, but we'll have to see. Just check back occasionally for progress updates and see my new home come to life, and if you ave any questions, suggestions, or comments please do tell me so.
    Canti, Mjcabooseblu, Sercease and 6 others like this.
  2. PuLSe Cactus King

Glad to see you're back at it... but I can't see a damned thing:D

Can we get a daylight pic?
    daleksax likes this.
  3. daleksax Fungi Bulb

Just wait for the next update later tonight, I'm to lazy right now to go in and get more screenshots.
  4. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

What about your map?
  5. daleksax Fungi Bulb

Project Reality (What I've taken to calling the map for now) is still going to be coming, I have not forgotten about that. Actually This manor has to do with Project Reality for a couple of reasons; I'm building the manor in the style that I'm choosing because this is going to be the style of reality #1 in the adventure map where it is an abandoned city/village with all the puzzles, this manor servers as practice for the map. The other reason this has to do with Project Reality is that as I told you I'm planning on using some mods for it, (I realize you're not the biggest fan of using mods for the map) and I need a map to test mods out before deciding if I want to use a mod for The map, and don't worry to much about the mods in the map, because I'm not going to use any major game changers, the only mod's I'll be using are mods that add more tiles or wiring mechanics. The mods will probably get put in a modpack that will get pacaged with the map)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update #2:
    More progress has been made on the skeleton and I took a day time pic of it so it is easier to see (happy PuLSe?). Not much else to say except that this is only a small portion of what skeleton will be.
    [IMG]
  6. daleksax Fungi Bulb

Update #3:
    The Eastern wings' skeleton is almost complete, just a few more edits and then I can move to the other parts of manor. Don't mind the signs scattered around in each room, thous are just reminders telling what each room will be for, the rooms in the bottom left are all going to be alchemy farms. Also I decided to turn off the world background while I take the screen shots because those trees were disorienting to look at when viewing the full screen shots. once the skeleton is finished I will upload a video just walking through the manor so you can get a feel for the size and nature of it.
    [IMG]
    Sercease, Canti and Mr.UNKOWNobject like this.
  7. Mr.UNKOWNobject Green Slime

Any idea how big it will be?
  8. daleksax Fungi Bulb

Update #4:
    Progress has been slow, mostly for me just being to lazy to go out and collect resources for it, the other half for me redesigning a certain part of the manor a couple of times. Most prominently the changes and additions I have made is the wing to the bottom left (still WIP) and also the elaboration of the eastern wing. I've decided that there will be a courtyard running beneath the manor where some smaller building will be built, maybe put a couple shops down there.

[IMG]
  9. VVYV Green Slime

Can't wait to see the finished product
  10. daleksax Fungi Bulb

I'm kind of wondering, what do you think I should implement in the build? I would just like to see suggestions on what you believe will make this build more interesting and unique.
  11. Mr.UNKOWNobject Green Slime

Well you said that you were building this in a Tconfig world so why don't you install some wiring mods and create like a factory/test facility underground, it doesn't have to be a part of the manor for say, but it could be a seperate build if you want.
    Darkercloud and daleksax like this.
  12. VVYV Green Slime

I agree with above, you should try adding a factory of sorts.
  13. daleksax Fungi Bulb

Update #5:
    I have established some of the framework now for the western wing, it still needs to be detailed, I was just using grey bricks to make the outline, I also established the roof style for all the main towers. I'm now going to work on finishing the skeleton for the Western wing and start working on doing a bit more of the detail work on it before I move on to the interior. As you can probably see I'm leaving a space oped for the courtyard right under the center of the castle, I will also be more deeply developing that soon.
    [IMG]
    Sercease, Canti and PuLSe like this.
  14. daleksax Fungi Bulb

Update #5.1
    So I think it is time for me to talk about some of my further intentions for Daleksax manor. As you know the manor is just a quaint fortress in the middle of my tconfig world (or at least it will become that) that will be used for my man place of refuge as I play mods, but there is more to it. Despite it's simple nature the fortress is something more, it is a mod test facility/lab!

Above ground as you can see from what I'm working on, is jut what it seems, but once the manor is finished, I will be heading underground to build the secret bunker below the manor. This bunker will be the home to my mod testing and Lab, it will be massive and span large parts of the underground, constantly under renovation. Down in the lab it may not look as bright and artistic, but instead it will get a much more metallic steam punk feel, There will be; Automated farms, generators, boss arenas, shooting ranges, and anything else that I would need to test mods.

This will lead to the expanse of this project, as long as I'm testing mods this facility will grow. Even if it isn't growing underground it will be growing all through out the world, eventually turning the entire world into an industrious land mass.
    GodALLMighty likes this.
  15. GodALLMighty Green Slime

Interesting concept for the world, can't wait to see how it evolves.
  16. daleksax Fungi Bulb

Update #6:
    Well the frame work for the above ground manor is almost completed, now all that is left, that needs completing is the pillar to the far right. I've put some small buildings into the courtyard, one of them being a bar, another one being a magicians shack (where my wizard will live). Once I finish the last bit of frame work I will move on to the interior, and once Finished with that I will go work on the underground facility.
    [IMG]
    Sercease, Canti and Snirk Immington like this.
  17. daleksax Fungi Bulb

I'm coming back to work on this project soon (in a week) I've just been heavily distracted by other things in my life currently, don't worry it will be finished!
  18. Voyager Crimera

We are both working on giant-sized houses right now.
    I am doing a floor-by-floor from the ground up kind of thing though.
    daleksax likes this.
  19. daleksax Fungi Bulb

Update #7:
    Well I'm finally back to work after a long break from this project and I guess it's time for a progress update. Today I have worked on the alchemy farms and storage rooms, only really working on the interiors, which of course are of greatest importance for a functional base. I still need to finish the Western tower, but besides that the exterior is finished, I'll probably work on that tower tonight and get some update out again this weekend.
    [IMG]
    Canti likes this.
  20. Mining Penguin Cursed Skull

I can help if you need any help at all mate. I am a pretty good builder, but you already know that. ;)