Daleksax's Custom Construction Services

Discussion in 'Player Creations & Screenshots' started by daleksax, Oct 12, 2012.

1. daleksax

daleksax Bone Lee

Abandoned Please leave no Requests!
    Hello, many of you in the community may know me from the Rising Phoenix Project or elsewhere throughout Terraria's building community, but this time I'm coming back with a hole new task at hand.​

I want to break away from the challenge of doing massive building projects on the world size that I may never finish and bring my projects down to scale. I want to build things for others and not just myself and contribute to people in the community, so this is my way of contributing to the community. I no longer have the time to work on my massive building projects such as the rising phoenix and some smaller ones.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you someone who wants to live in the lap of build luxury in your terraria world, or maybe you need something built for your server and you can't build it, or maybe you just want to have something amazing built for you, but you can't build to save your life? Then you have come to the right place, at Daleksax's Custom Construction Services or DCCS, we will do that for you for the minuscule price of FREE! Yes I said free, all you will need to do is give us your request, and give us some time and we will make your dream a reality!

But why should you trust me? Well below is some of my former work that I have done in terraria and other people in the community who know me will back me up;
    Past Builds & Why You Should Hire me To Build What You Need (open)

My Past Building Projects & Contributions:
    The Rising Phoenix Project; http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/let-the-phoenix-rise-and-rebuild.88554/

The CraTeR;http://www.terrariaonline.com/threa...lves-into-the-crater-vs-the-valley-wip.59756/

The Miners & Builders Clan;http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/the-miners-the-builders-clan-creations.69642/

The Order of The Buildarians;http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/the-order-of-the-buildarians.79641/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Past Creations

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are just some of my builds, I have done much more, but that isn't what this thread is about, this thread is about you requesting me to build amazing things for you and me building them for you.

How to request a build

I you want something built for you here is how you will make a request.​
    Username:
    What you want Built:
    A brief description on what needs to be built:
    How soon do you need the creation by:
    Any Extra Details:
    World file to build the creation in: (Optional, if you do not give me a world File I will do it on a brand new world)
    Once I accept your application you will go on a waiting list below, anyone on the top of the list has first priority. If you need it by a certain time period I will be able to work some thing out under negotiation. I will also send you a private message one I start working on your commission.​
    Completed Commissions/WIP Commisions (open)
    Completed Commissions/WIP Commisions (open)

Jojiro's Survival Map (WIP)
    dungeon fin.png
    cliffs 3.png
    cliffs 2.png Cliffs 1.png
    Waiting List
    -eliminate1337 (Server Base)​
    -deend (Drizzt Do'Urden Pixel Art)
    Commisions in Progress
    -Jojiro (Survival Map Commission)​
    Finished Commisions
    (Empty)​

2. Jojiro

Jojiro Hornet

Username: Jojiro
    What you want Built: An adventure map.
    A brief description on what needs to be built: I have biomes in mind for a map that I want, which will be similar to a normal Terraria world, except for a few changes on the surface.
    How soon do you need the creation by: Christmas-ish? No real timeline but that would be a good time to test it out with friends, for me.

Any Extra Details:
    I guess this won't make sense unless you have the map. Which I can't upload.
    Gr.

So the things to build on the map are three "Spires", a pyramid structure, a sunken ship, three unique biomes, Dungeon editing, and a little corruption containment.

I'll explain the list backwards since that's probably the order of easiest to hardest:

1. I want the map to be at least somewhat Hardmode-proofed in the build. In other words, I want the existing Corruption to be contained, but in a natural way, not just surrounded by brick pathways. In other words, clay, underground wooden houses, silt, ash...whatever doesn't corrupt. This can be done in a slipshod manner so long as it isn't blatantly obvious that I just drew a loop around them with clay, for example. I want every piece of Corruption contained completely, with the exception of the left edge of the rightmost Corruption (between the stone mountain and the Corruption). I'm fine whether that's open or not.
    2. For the 'Dungeon editing' I just want the very first room of the Dungeon, the topmost one, to be a little more elaborate. Perhaps a collection of furniture and chests indicating that Skeletron has some idea of what 'wealth' means.

3. The three unique biomes are the cliffs, the stone mountains, and the snow islands. They are already set into the map, roughly blocked out. The cliffs are meant to surround the Dungeon in an underground environment, and reach up high enough to touch that single floating island. They are pillars of stone that are treacherous to traverse without a grappling hook and rapidly reach heights where Harpies will spawn. I don't really know how to make them look more "cliffy". Maybe have a few vines hanging down from rare scraps of dirt? The cliffs are rich in copper and iron ore, and have a few chests here and there.

The stone mountains go through the snow biome and have several natural caverns. The stone mountains are not rich in ore, and are merely very high, slightly inconvenient to traverse terrain that discourages eastward exploration. Making them more treacherous is a plus, and spicing up the valleys in between with maybe a small patch of rich plant life. Caverns exist in the mountains, with gaps of light to the outside.

The snow islands are literally just patches of snow floating on the East Sea. Nothing special there.

4. The sunken ship is just a cool thing in the ocean for players to find. Water-related items like gills potions can be found inside, as well as sailor-related items like ale, mugs, kegs, coins, and whatnot. I want the ship to be partially flooded and completely dark on the inside. It's in the West Sea, roughly blocked out.

5. The pyramid structure you will find in the desert, blocked out already, as well as how far underground I want it to extend. The interior of the Pyramid has lots of Corruption, so Big Eaters and the like will spawn. I also want many traps in it: mainly dart traps, spikes, and enemy-spawning statues that drop skeletons/mimics/bats on the unsuspecting intruder. I don't want boulders. After entering the Pyramid and going through all the traps, the intruder should be rewarded with three rooms: the room of plenty, which is filled with soup and ale, the room of gold, which is filled with gold ore and gold chests containing a few gold coins in each, and the room of the king, which has a "coffin" chest filled with bones and a crown, as well as the room having some royal furniture in it. The pyramid should be dark except for the final rooms, and should be skeleton themed. Skull candles, skeleton statues everywhere, and cobwebs. Make it dark and deadly.

6. The three spires are three mini-dungeons that extend vertically. Starting from the West, we have:

The Spire of the Deep Hunter (Ranged): Extending deep into the ocean and completely flooded, this spire deep underground. The spire starts out made of blue brick but eventually because all meteorite, so meteor heads attack you as well as underwater enemies. At the bottom is a shrine of Hellstone Brick dedicated to the Deep Hunter, with a chest containing a Harpoon, Molten Fury, and Diving Helmet. The theme is the mix of fire and water.

The Spire of the Zen Monk (Melee): Extending straight upwards out of the corruption, the spire is made of corruption, jungle grass, and spikes. The exterior climbing is treacherous, and the interior parts of the tower are completely dark. At the top of the spire is a shrine of Mudstone Brick dedicated to the Zen Monk, with a chest containing a Dao of Pao. The theme is oriental (for the shrine) with silk lanterns and red banners. However, to get to the chest one must hammer away a layer of spikes surrounding it.

The Spire of the Snow Magus (Magic): Extending straight upwards from the snow islands, this spire is the easiest to go up. It is simply a long and treacherous climb, with no gimmicks or special enemies to worry about. Right before the shrine there is a string of explosive traps. At the top is a shrine of Snow Brick dedicated to the Snow Magus, with a chest containing the Ice Rod and a mannequin wearing a Robe and Wizard Hat.

World file to build the creation in: I can't upload it, for some reason. Could you give me a way to upload or an email to send to?

PS: Is this too much? If you're willing to do even a part of this, I'd be very grateful. That's why I split it up so much. :p

3. daleksax

daleksax Bone Lee

Doesn't seem like a problem, could you give me your steam username so I could send you a friend request and discuss more in depth about your commision. I already have an Idea in mind for the Dungeon entrance, but the rest will be made as we go. I would also like to discuss more in depth about what your adventure map is about, s just send me your steam username and we will talk.

I will go off and start working on the dungeon entrance in one of my own maps so I have something to go off of.

This may be a challenge for me, considering I've never built an adventure map before, but if you give me the time and ideas I should be able to do it.

4. Jojiro

Jojiro Hornet

The steam account is under 'jojiro' and the steam name is 'JacuzziAnt'. Not sure which you use to search for people. Thanks!

5. daleksax

daleksax Bone Lee

Just want to know what you think of the dungeon entrance for the map, tell me if you think something should be changed.

dungeon fin.png

Stackerzgame likes this.
  6. Stackerzgame

Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

... I may find need for this service later. In the meantime I'll just watch. Also, you should change whole to the right form in the op.

7. Jojiro

Jojiro Hornet

So to recap suggestions (since in general it's just mind-blowing and cool):
    • Replace demonite for logistics purposes.
    • Have a one or two-torch theme, it's a bit too much color for me.
    • The bed will go away once you're done with it.

:)

8. daleksax

daleksax Bone Lee

Well here is a small update for the work I've worked on today for you. I mostly am working on terraforming the Cliffs and stone pillars that you have laid out, but I also started working on some ruins around the dungeon.

Cliffs 1.png
    This is what I've gotten done so far with the terraforming, to the left you can see your outline hasn't changed much, but I plan to finish the basic terraforming of the cliffs tomorrow. I also need to change the backwalls of the cliffs, but I'll get to that eventually.

cliffs 2.png
    Here is a closeup of the stone cliffs, as you can probably see I am using more then stone, I'm also throwing in small bits of stone bricks and iron ore. Once I completely the terraforming I will be doing more detail on the mountains, I hope to add some bridges between some of the pillars at the top and if you want, I could make a bridge to the sky island that is right next to the tallest pillar.

cliffs 3.png
    Finally the last bit of work I need to show you is I have started to build ruins near the entrance of the dungeon, there is no real use in these, but it will just add some atmosphere while you are exploring to find the dungeon.

Even though I have a lot of work to do with this biome I would just like to know your suggestions at this point into the build.

9. Jojiro

Jojiro Hornet

I like the ruins, and I love the direction you are taking with modifying the cliffs in terms of terraforming and adding more blocks to change up the texture...wouldn't have thought of that myself.
    I think, rather than bridges, maybe just a few dilapidated wooden structures off the sides, especially on the player side of the world, might make sense.

I want to make the cliffs difficult to navigate. Anything you add to add a visual effect to the cliffs is good. Any actual help given to the player in terms of movement is bad. I'm going to place 4 chests all over the cliffs, so if you want you can make 4 small sites for chests to go, similar to the underground wooden structures where you can sometimes find chests, so that they look somewhat familiar to the player.

The sky island doesn't need a bridge to it. Keeping that part natural is something I do want. Focus on terraforming and then move on to the next thing. I recognize your need as an artist to embellish, but the areas I want embellished are those three spires and the pyramid. For now, hold back. :p

The sunken ship, the biomes...those I prefer a simple atmosphere that looks natural to a complex one that is awe-inspiring, if that makes sense.

One last thing: I do think more could be done with hanging vines and pools of water at the tops or bottom of the cliffs, to change up the scenery and add some greenery, as well as maybe planting a rare tree. But that's low priority. :)

10. Galdelonian

Galdelonian Slimed Zombie

I bet terrafirma view doesn't give this justice.

Jojiro and daleksax like this.
  11. daleksax

daleksax Bone Lee

I just feel like I should put this out there, I am open for some more commissions right now to work on because I am only working on Jojiro's survival map and I have some extra time to be working on a couple more commissions.

12. Jojiro

Jojiro Hornet

Can you work on isolating the corruption next?

I'll be more specific than before so it's more clear. There are three corrupt regions, which from left to right I will term as 1, 2, and 3.

1. Deserts corrupt quickly, and I'd like to preserve the ocean and the underground. So could the left side, all the way down to the bottom, be blocked off with clay and silt? I don't mind if it spreads rightwards since the Dungeon will stop it.
    2. For this one I think the pyramid will stop the spread from going too far to the left. I mainly want the entire right side to be blocked off with clay, silt, wood, etc. I'm actually fine if the corrupt grass on the right side is completely converted to normal grass, and the tunnel on the right that is connected to the surface I want to remain uncorrupted. So have clay regions to buffer the spread there as well.
    3. I want this one completely blocked off after all. Especially the right side, to save the jungle, but the left as well. Again, clay, silt, wood will work.

In terms of what else is doable, I'm fine if you terraform parts of the corruption so that each corrupt zone is smaller. For corruption 1, I'm actually fine if the entire surface turns to normal stone and grass. Reduction of corruption is always welcome, because once hardmode starts, even if all three of these are quarantined there will still be rapid growh of corruption.

My main concerns are, in order:
    • The ocean not become corrupt
    • The jungle not become corrupt
    • Left of pyramid cannot become corrupt, even if the small patch between the pyramid and corruption does get corrupted
    • The right of corruption 2 not become corrupt
    • the left of corruption 3 either completely or at least mostly prevented from spreading

13. eliminate1337

eliminate1337 Cave Bat

Username: Eliminate1337
    What you want Built: A functional, yet good looking base for a small multiplayer server
    A brief description on what needs to be built: Me and some friends play multiplayer, and the base we've slapped together works but doesn't cut it in terms of looks. The base should have farms for all the basic materials, themed living spaces for each NPC, storage space, and look good.
    How soon do you need the creation by: When it's done
    World file to build the creation in: I'll Tedit it in myself, just make it reasonably flat. Underground areas are fine.

14. daleksax

daleksax Bone Lee

Sure thing, thanks for the details on what you want me to do with the corruption, I'll get to work on isolating it once I finish the cliff biome.

Doesn't seem like it will be to much of a problem, I'll put you on the waiting list and get working on the base sometime this week, I'll keep you updated with pics once I get started working on it.

15. deend

deend Lava Slime

Username: new or deend
    What you want Built: pixel art of Drizzt Do'Urden
    A brief description on what needs to be built: Drizzt Do'Urden
    How soon do you need the creation by: whenever- Make it look awesome though :p
    Any Extra Details:The ultimate drow warrior with His two signature swords, Icingdeath (ice enchanted) and twinkle at his sides. Guenhwyvar, naturally should be at his side. make it large enough to have some details-thx
    World file to build the creation in: http://www.mediafire.com/?1rldk2baiud365w

16. daleksax

daleksax Bone Lee

I'll put you one the waiting list, but I wont guarantee anything because my pixel art skills are not amazing but I'll give it a go when I have the time. Just expect a bit of a wait (1-2 months) because it may take me a lot of trial and error before I can get it right.

17. deend

deend Lava Slime

Awesome, thanks :D, i've always wanted to see him come to life in terraria

18. daleksax

daleksax Bone Lee

Would you mind giving me a reference picture to use to base the pixel art off of?

19. deend

deend Lava Slime

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]-Notable features green cloak, purple eyes, white hair, black skin, [​IMG]

20. Jojiro

Jojiro Hornet