DARKLANDS RPG

Discussion in 'General Map Discussion' started by PortalShifter, Jul 15, 2011.

1. PortalShifter

PortalShifter Lava Slime

Welcome to my third RPG adventure map, DARKLANDS version 1.0.1.

[​IMG]

This unique map is designed specifically to interact with the storyline. You enter the game inside Kaerthos village, a treehouse dwelling with a few NPCs and class chests. The storyline involves an evil wizard named Skandrake who has cursed your world, plunging Kaerthos into permanent darkness! To lift the curse you must journey to the wizard's magical dungeon and defeat him in his 3 different forms (boss fights).

This map is quite challenging, maybe not the most difficult adventure map out there, but it will be quite difficult. However, unlike many adventure maps, this one does not revolve around lava traps and stuff like that.

The entire surface of the map is covered with underground jungle terrain and includes 3 boss battles to complete the map. Players looking for a tough challenge that does not involve platform jumping will enjoy this map!

Map supports up to 3 players. Recommended for three players.

Kaerthos village

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Treehouse spawn point

[​IMG]

Hacking a path through the jungle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wizard's Dungeon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Class system:

Guerrilla - The warrior caste of the Kaerthos tribe, Guerrillas are courageous fighters dedicated to the cause of breaking Skandrake's evil curse.

Headhunter - Stalking their prey with precision, Headhunters are deadly foes who are comfortable traveling through the dangerous jungles of Darklands.

Voodoo Shaman - Carrying a spellbook full of curses and magical weaponry, Voodoo Shamans can be heard chanting their magical spells far away into the depths of night.

Version 1.0.1

added treehouse spawn points

increased accessibility for treehouse spawn points

upgraded some starting items

added potions

LINK:

http://www.mediafire.com/?23p62upxxt96pu9

And of course, always back up your files before putting anything in your maps folder.

Attached Files:

2. Silenterr

Silenterr Green Slime

Umm I tried out all the classes and found out tht none of them can survive the journey to each town IDK what bones or ball of hurts or even the fire flower can do agnist a endless swarms of hornets or pack of maneaters blocking your path and when you finish one group off it usually leads to another pack a couple seconds later.
    Maybe I'm just bad but I feel like the starting class equips are severaly weak and lacking.

3. Arkoonius

Arkoonius Dark Caster

YES! UBER MAP TO PLAY! Now I can be temporarily not bored ^^

4. Diminsion_X

Diminsion_X Green Slime

lol :p

5. PortalShifter

PortalShifter Lava Slime

As I said, this map is challenging. If you're having difficulty doing it in single player, playing online with 2 friends will be easier. If you can't play online and absolutely can't do it by yourself, you can always cheat and mix and match items from chests (but really, don't do that :confused:).

My first adventure map is maybe at medium difficulty, but I decided to make some tougher ones for all the people who post, "This game is way too easy, etc. etc." If this game is too easy for you, well, here's a challenge.

That being said, if everyone posts that they can't do it, I will certainly upgrade the starting equipment, and/or add more save points. ;)

6. PortalShifter

PortalShifter Lava Slime

OK, after further testing and feedback I decided to make things a bit easier on this map. Whenever 1.0.6 gets released I will also be adding a few custom dungeons and more content to this map.

Version 1.0.1

added treehouse spawn points

increased accessibility for treehouse spawn points

upgraded some starting items

added potions

LINK:

http://www.mediafire.com/?9b899bmcdpj8s4x

7. PortalShifter

PortalShifter Lava Slime

Hosting this map right now with room for one more if someone wants to join, PM me.

We finished our run, it was REALLY FUN this time through after some balance tweaks. I luv this map <3

Gonna post some more screens.

8. KingCreeper64

KingCreeper64 Demon Eye

yea the map only needs a few more tweaks and its pretty much perfect

9. Faruz

Faruz Green Slime

I'm gonna be playing this in 3 hours or so. Which link do I use to download, the one in the main topic or the one you posted later on in one of your posts?

10. alecool34

alecool34 Tim

1 word...
    SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII..... THIS IS AWESOME MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Platinum

Platinum Eskimo Zombie

Yeah man pretty hard :\ me and my friend tried playing...In the end me went to just playing a regular world.

12. rayquazapk2

rayquazapk2 Yellow Slime

Hey, you know when your updating the map, do you think I could play with you to playtest it?

13. PortalShifter

PortalShifter Lava Slime

So I know that the changes to jungle have scaled the difficulty of this map up. I'm going to think about ways to balance it out and make it more playable for 1 person.

14. Novate

Novate Bone Serpent

Completely offtopic but any plans for future creations in the works? ;p

15. PortalShifter

PortalShifter Lava Slime

Pssssh are you kidding? I have like FIVE maps in the works. ;)

Dueling Kingdoms PVP will be majorly updated later today. I plan on adding custom dungeons to Darklands, and adjusting difficulty with new jungle.

I have four new PVP maps, but only two of these are probably worthy of release at present time.

I'm also planning a new adventure map based on the sci-fi weapons sets and some really creative use of terrain to form an alien planet.

Last but not least, I will be adding new content to Adventureland (muh baby)!

16. Novate

Novate Bone Serpent

In that case looking forward to your adventureland updates and new adventure map =)