DC Universe Online

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Korin, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Korin Wraith

Google it if you don't know what this is.

But to summarize, it's an action-rpg MMO from Sony Entertainment, backed by Warner Bros. Set in the titular DC Universe of comics.

If you're a Hero, you may work alongside Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman.

If you're a Villain you get to pick between The Joker, Lex Luthor, and Circe.

Funsauce abound! Everyone should join.

My game name is 'Agent House' if anyone would like to team up on the Hero side.
  2. rubber_chicken Demon Eye

I've heard of it... Is it one where u need to pay to get gear and things?
  3. Korin Wraith

As far as I know you don't need to pay to get gear.
  4. piinyouri Lava Slime

I was looking at trying either this or Champions Online.
    I ended up choosing Champions.
  5. rubber_chicken Demon Eye

Oh ok that's a surprise! I'll try to join when my internets fixed and I'm not relying on free wifi :p
  6. Korin Wraith

Don't think I've played Champions.
  7. Wizyrd Slimed Zombie

Whats your CR? Are you on PC or PS3?
  8. Korin Wraith

PC and I just started playing again. So I'd imagine whatever CR is, is lacking at the moment.
  9. Wizyrd Slimed Zombie

Oh, CR stands for Combat Rating, its sort of an overall rating of your stats, it goes from 0-91, it can be found where your stats are. It gets important to maintain a high CR once you have reached the maximum level which is 30.
  10. Korin Wraith

I'm Lv6.

Think I got a way to go.
  11. Wizyrd Slimed Zombie

Oh, lol.
  12. piinyouri Lava Slime

DCU is action-y combat right?
    I've heard some folks say they are fairly similar, with the main difference being DCU is a bit more serious in tone.
  13. Korin Wraith

DCUO is more action-oriented than anything else out there, I think.
  14. piinyouri Lava Slime

Hmmmm, how so are we talking here?
    For example you only have one auto-attack in CO, the rest are all actual button skills.
    (Not trying to be passively shitty here, I'm just genuinely interested in how the games compare) : )
  15. Korin Wraith

There is no auto-attack in DCUO.

Left and right clicks chain into combos.
  16. piinyouri Lava Slime

That sounds interesting. : o
    When I get tired of CO (which probably wont be too much longer. The game's not the worst at 'pay to win', in fact probably one of the better cases I've seen but you will still run into the inevitable 'wall')

How is the money shop situation in DCOU?
  17. Korin Wraith

I don't use the cash shop so I couldn't tell you.
  18. piinyouri Lava Slime

My apologies, I wasn't assuming or insinuating you did.
    I was using my own protocols as when I try a new MMO I always check out the cash shop.
    Not to buy, but to see what's being locked behind monetary gates, and whether or not I think it's a big enough deal to affect the game and possible facilitate my leaving of the game early.

Example, back when I first tried DDO many years ago, they had level increase tokens in the cash shop. That right there would be enough to instantly turn me away. They alleviate this by allowing you to earn said tokens i game though.
  19. Korin Wraith

Oh, no. It's fine. I take no offense.
  20. Duante Bunny

DC Universe Online is a pretty decent game. I have it on PS3 but I've been busy with a few other games that I haven't played it in a few months. I like the leveling, exploration and instances but I'm not much of a fan of the PVP. My experiences with it have been rather horrible.