[Decoration] Sleepable bed?

Discussion in 'Blocks & Decorations' started by Dex00r, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Dex00r Bunny

I think this idea is bit stupid...but I assume that it would be better that there is bed where we can sleep in...of course we will need Sheep? as a mob too?
    TheDoomFactory likes this.
  2. Razor Knight Icy Merman

Why sheeps? Because Minecraft? Spiderwebs is where it's at.

Not the first time this is suggested, still not finding a reason to have it around. If it happens like vanilla MC, then it's pointless. If you're forced to sit there and stare at your character for five minutes, it's annoying (The Sims, without a fast-forwards button? Ugh.) If it happens like Somnia-modded MC, then it's still pretty pointless since anyone building things right will not let any entry way for mobs to attack them while sleeping.

And how would it exactly work in multiplayer, where the world is synchronized for everyone? "Hey guys, don't summon the Twins near the base, I'm sleeping here!"

0/10 for originality, 1/10 for detail.
  3. Dex00r Bunny

aw God you don't have to be agressive! :O :D
  4. Razor Knight Icy Merman

Agressive?

No, merely pointing out the flaws in your suggestion. First and foremost being the complete lack of detail and explanation, and the addition of a feature that does not benefit game mechanics at all.

If you say there's nothing to do at night (both in Terraria and MC,) that's because you only mine, build and explore half as much as you could.
  5. Dex00r Bunny

What do you propose? I had so many ideas...right now....only few...:(
  6. Razor Knight Icy Merman

Be it day or night, you can do anything you want in your world. Ergo, sleeping would be an 'eye candy' feature for those who are still talking about realism in a game where you hit blocks until they drop minerals, and where a giant eyeball chases you around, at night, every now and then (until you call it yourself and kill it.)

Some boss fights can happen only at night. And some of the "challenging" mobs only appear at night.

And when you're underground, night and day can quickly become obsolete. Spend a few in-game days in the Underworld, and you'll understand.
  7. Dex00r Bunny

Gimme a break...Don't take this personal...I play this version since idk like few months...I want better version..and I am not only one! :(
  8. Razor Knight Icy Merman

Who's taking it personal? I'm explaining what your suggestion is lacking and why it would not please everyone if added to the game itself. Points of view are personal, anyhow.

But if you want to change how the game works, there's a whole section about modding the game. I'm sure this whole "sleep at night" idea must have been modded in, by now, since I've seen at least five threads asking for it.

I've been playing "the same game" for over one year now, but since Terraria's PC development stopped, I started using game modifications. You would be surprised at the number of things you could think about which are, in a way, already in the game.
  9. Dex00r Bunny

Why there will be no more terraria for pc?
  10. Razor Knight Icy Merman

Amazingly enough, you've posted in the My Fellow Terrarians thread, and yet ask that.

As I pointed out elsewhere, the answers are all already lying around, and they're mostly in opening posts of threads.

Give the opening posts of My Fellow Terrarians parts 1 and 2 a read, and then go check the General Console Talk section. That'll give you the answers you're looking for.
    Jojiro likes this.
  11. Jojiro Hornet

RazorKnight is razor sharp.
    :D
  12. KLouD KoNNeCteD Crimera

Yes he his. Dex00r not so much.. <_<
    Mr.Bear likes this.
  13. Dex00r Bunny

Thank you...I wouldn't know that if you didn't tell me... :p
    KLouD KoNNeCteD likes this.
  14. Dex00r Bunny

U do realize I was sarcastic? :D
  15. Dex00r Bunny

Or u r just stupid XD :D Jokin'
  16. My problem is on the app I can't set my spawn point with a bed. I wasted my silk on something that has been entirely useless to me.
  17. Wall of Steel Angry Nimbus

You just wasted 5 silk.
  18. Yes, I was quite fond of that silk.