Destroying walls?

Discussion in 'PC' started by pasmith, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pasmith

pasmith Green Slime

Hey there, total noob here but having a blast so far.

Was wondering if there's a way to erase/destroy/remove a back wall? I built a house using dirt walls early on, now I want to upgrade to brick or wood walls, but I can't just "paint over" them and since they're background nothing I swing will hit them, either.

Is there a trick or am I sol?

Also, anyway to make a trap door? I was considering a tunnel under my house but my tunnels always seem to get filled with zombies so wanted to put a trap door on there to keep me safe and sound when the undead are roaming. :)

2. Slycrono

Slycrono Green Slime

Hammer.

3. pasmith

pasmith Green Slime

I tried a hammer; I'm not sure how to target the back wall sections though. Since kind of by default you don't interact with them... what am I missing?

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the 'structure' walls that keep critters from passing. I mean the 'wallpaper' walls that are supposed to keep bad guys from spawning.

4. Teanji

Teanji Blazing Wheel

The background walls are taken down with a Hammer, but, you can only target areas that are adajcent to another background wall space that's empty (You can see the sky).
    Although I'm not entirely sure that's the case with player placed walls, but, it is with everything else.. So don't hold me to that as it could be total nonsense xD.

5. pasmith

pasmith Green Slime

Bingo!! Thanks, that's it. I was trying to start in the middle and it wasn't happening.

Thanks so much!

6. Skorchy

Skorchy Green Slime

As Teanji said, you use the hammer.

And to clarify, you can remove the background walls that you have placed, and I don't think it's only adjacent blocks. I think as long as there is sky behind it, it is removable. Though, I have not tried placing walls underground yet so I'm not sure on that.

7. Teanji

Teanji Blazing Wheel

That was pretty much a wild guess xD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.