Pre 1.2 [Discontinued] tConfig - A Mod To Make Mods

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Surfpup, Aug 15, 2011.

1. sn0re Tim

Sadly, this project can't be open source unless Terraria goes open source. This project is a modification of closed source code.
  2. Slairne Snatcher

That said, entirely new content that Surf adds, such as exe handling, ini importing, new custom classes and methods, etc, should be shareable.
  3. Surfpup Raincoat Zombie

If there's an easy way to automatically upload specific files to Github or something similar through Visual Studio, then I'll probably do it.
  4. sn0re Tim

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gitextensions/
    Check it out, should work.
    Also, the mod compiler fails if there isn't an Item folder. It works even if you make an empty Item folder, though.
  5. Surfpup Raincoat Zombie

Yea, that's because it only supports Items so far. NPCs, projectiles, tiles, buffs, and whatnot are all in the pipeline to be added soon.

I'll take a look at this extension.
  6. sn0re Tim

Gotcha. If you need any help, just ask :)
  7. Lepirom Green Slime

To add items in tconfig 1.1, as before? I mean, load the image of the item is only put type =- 1? or changed anything?
  8. sn0re Tim

Should be the same.
  9. Deon Green Slime

I have a problem here, I can't find the "angel statue" ini file anywhere (not sure which root folder did you mean), so I tried to use some of fanny pack's items as a base, and it gives me the same error. What causes it, can you clarify how to avoid it?

I am testing this:
    Code:
    [Animal Meat]
    consumable=True
    healLife=15
    height=24
    maxStack=25
    potion=True
    rare=1
    scale=1
    type=-1
    useAnimation=17
    useSound=3
    useStyle=2
    useTime=17
    useTurn=True
    value=150
    width=14
    [Amount]
    value=1
    [needWater]
    value=False
    [Items]
    Wood =1
    And it does not work.
  10. Deon Green Slime

Apparently I am a dummy, there're standard items on the wiki.

I nailed it to a point where this does not work:

Show Spoiler

Code:
    [Stats]
    width=19
    height=19
    type=-1
    useStyle=2
    useAnimation=17
    useTime=17
    maxStack=99
    healLife=20
    potion=True
    consumable=True
    scale=1
    useSound=2
    toolTip='I wouldn't eat it raw'
    value=1000
    netID=261
    [Recipe]
    Amount=1
    needWater=False
    Items=1 Wood

While this works:
    Show Spoiler
    Code:
    [Stats]
    width=19
    height=19
    type=-1
    useStyle=2
    useAnimation=17
    useTime=17
    maxStack=99
    healLife=20
    potion=True
    consumable=True
    scale=1
    useSound=2
    toolTip='I wouldn't eat it raw'
    value=1000
    netID=261
    [Recipe]
    Amount=1
    needWater=False
    Items=1 Wood
    Tiles=Furnace

Apparently the removal of "Tiles" line does not allow the mod builder to build a mod, while you cannot put -1 or None there or the game does not start.
  11. Surfpup Raincoat Zombie

A while ago, I changed the way certain things are specified in the INI files, but I also had backwards compatibility implemented. Backwards compatibility isn't in the first release, but it has been implemented for the next release. Either way, this is the recommended way of doing it:

Code:
    [Stats]
    consumable=True
    healLife=15
    height=24
    maxStack=25
    potion=True
    rare=1
    scale=1
    type=-1
    useAnimation=17
    useSound=3
    useStyle=2
    useTime=17
    useTurn=True
    value=150
    width=14
    [Recipe]
    Amount=1
    needWater=False
    Items=1 Wood
    Tiles=Workbench

I'll have this fixed in the next update. Sorry about that!
  12. Deon Green Slime

I can't seem to make a custom NPC. It does not say "checking *" when I add new NPCs like this:
    Show Spoiler
    Code:
    [Stats]
    frameCount=14
    animationType=20
    knockBackResist=0
    aiStyle=3
    height=28
    width=20
    damage=1
    lifeMax=3
    scale=1
    soundHit=1
    soundKilled=1
    type=-1
    value=10
    [Drops]
    1 Raw Meat=10

It's a chicken by Omnir.

Also is there a way to change EXISTING creatures? I want bunnies and birds to drop raw meat.

And I forgot to say, THANK YOU very much for this. I enjoy modding games, I've been modding Morrowind, Dwarf Fortress, Civilization IV and other great games for a long time, and your tool is a salvation for me! I intend to try to make a more "authentic" early game, with more crafting options, expanded cooking and more wildlife. I am not a fan of "god mode" endgame, I prefer the exploration and crafting gameplay of the early-mid game.
    Slairne likes this.
  13. FatObeseBird Snatcher

14. Surfpup Raincoat Zombie

NPCs can't be modified or created in the new 1.1 version yet. Since 1.1 came out, I have to re-implement everything, and I decided that I would try to do it better this time around (less bugs!). Anyway, you can use any old mod pack if you use the 1.0.6.1 version.
  15. Deon Green Slime

Ah, then I will wait for your new updates with anticipation and work on small things for now!

What are in now? Items? Can tiles be created yet?

Also, if you include an ability to change existing NPCs later, please keep the "name" token to be able to make total conversions.

You are doing a great job :). Terraria will live in many faces thanks to you.
  16. Deon Green Slime

Welp, is createTileName not working? :( No custom tiles yet? Here goes my plan for making fences and statues tonight :p.
  17. Zerabubus Green Slime

I can't for life of me get this working. :(

I click the installer and it says TerrariaOriginalbackup.EXE cannot be found.

What am I missing and if it is the TerrariaOriginalbackup.EXE, where is it located because the installer is in the place it should be I think (the steam Terraria folder in program files), but the EXE isn't.

I've looked all over the wiki but can't seem to find any solution.

Sorry to be a pain, I'm a bit of a newb to all this.
  18. sn0re Tim

You have to install http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/terraria-game-launcher-gui.64759/ First!
  19. Zerabubus Green Slime

20. Deon Green Slime

It looks like "throwing away" does not work for some reason. When I try to throw away something into the disposal slot, it REPLACES the item there and you pick that one up instead of destroying it. Which leads to duplicating of items if you shift-click something and then try to reclaim it.