Draco's Creations (WIP)

Discussion in 'Player Creations & Screenshots' started by Draco Stryfe, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Draco Stryfe Cave Bat

[IMG]Welcome to Draco's Creations!!![IMG]

I have been playing Terraria for a while but took a break from the game for about 6 months. Now that I am back, I just want to share a few of my creations to hopefully inspire or encourage new and old Terraria players alike.

My builds range from ships, buildings, a dabble here and there in pixel art, and map creations. Currently I am working on a few separate projects, one that I feel is very challenging. I typically try to build all of my projects in game (using Buildaria for materials only) and I will only use TEdit for its masking ability after I have built something, Terraforming for a map, or creating a schematic to provide to who wants it. I still also play Terraria just for fun on occasion (trying to recruit my wife to play Terraria but this is proving harder than some builds...).

As always feedback, criticism, suggestions, and comments are always appreciated (especially in relation to the map being created). All of my items are free for anyone to download for their use, but if you re-post it somewhere else, please ensure to provide credit where credit is due. {Map's and TEdit schematics will be listed at end of OP.}

Pixel Art (open)
    Cloud vs. Sephiroth (open)
    [IMG][IMG]
    Tonberry (open)
    [IMG][IMG]
    The CraTeR vs Valley Statues (open)

Ship Builds (open)
    Hell Battleship (open)
    Sunken Ships (open)
    Other Ship Models (open)
    These were originally built for The CraTeR map[IMG]

Skyrim Map (open)
    This map is just starting and due to the size of the build I might have to create multiple maps to accommodate all of the locations I want to build. Once I have more content available, I will then begin releasing the maps for download.
    Full map view-Whiterun (open)
    [IMG]
    In-Game snapshots (open)
    Gildergreen[IMG]Dragonsreach[IMG]

Compendium Submissions (open)
    Escher Theme (open)
    [IMG]

Schematic's now available and Skyrim Map Upload to come...

Thank You for visiting!!!

Attached Files:

2. PuLSe Cactus King

Don't forget your entrance to The CraTeR - I still love that dragon/dinosaur head!

I didn't know you were really back... thought you might just be visiting. Nice to see that you're building again and I look forward to watching this thread.:)

I'm gonna put together a ToDo list and see if I can find a way to entice you to make another guest appearance...;)

And it that's not an Escher hint...:rolleyes:
  3. Draco Stryfe Cave Bat

I think I still need to fix the dragon head entrance. when it is used on a server I believe it still suffers from latency issues when activated and the active blocks go all screwy.

Yup I'm back!

Lol, do you even have room left on the CraTeR side? I was trying to think of some things that might fit well on the Valley side but it is tough and people usually like the darker builds. Said thing is, the darker stuff is not in my nature. I will keep an eye out though for this to-do list.We will see, I might make another appearance if I can make something that is worthy to be featured there.:)

....Maybe?! :eek:
  4. Draco Stryfe Cave Bat

I finally finished Dragonsreach for my Skyrim map. Let me know what you all think and provide any suggestions that you think might help improve. There is also an updated Terrafirma view in the OP.
    [IMG]
    Sercease likes this.
  5. PuLSe Cactus King

Looks wonderful, but I'd like to get a closer look - can you upload a single pic so I can zoom in?
  6. Draco Stryfe Cave Bat

No Problem! Here's a photo you should be able to download and zoom in on with your PC .

Attached Files:

7. PuLSe Cactus King

My favorite parts are the wood walls with the alternating... hmm, maybe beams? And the center staircase is really interesting with the wood and stone combination. I also like the arches on the lower right and the roof treatment on the upper right is nice too:)
    Draco Stryfe likes this.
  8. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

You know I made a Skyrim map with about 2 towns, can be seen here, yours is much better built though.
  9. Draco Stryfe Cave Bat

I actually have seen yours and really like it. I downloaded it and ran through it to see how you were able to make it flow from one city to another. I believe yours is all original with different building types and cities/dungeons. I am going to try for more of a replica (not completely exact, but close).

I have also been trying to decide if I want together put a lot of regions on one map or make separate maps with the different cities of Skyrim. Any tips or hints? Thanks for visiting.

Thanks as always for the feedback PuLSe! It's hard to ask for suggestions on a map based on another game as you can never be sure who has played and who hasn't.
  10. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Yeah I noticed you were going for more of a replica. If I were you I would try to put it all on one map so it will be epic to explore when it's done. My number one tip would have to be, keep it low or else you will get raped by Harpies.
  11. Sercease Herpling

So your the one that did the sunken ships, been wondering that for a while and was to lazy to ask or go read main page. :oops:
    Huge props on those, first time I saw them I was pretty spellbound, it's hard as $*%$ to do random or destroyed things and I thought they were beyond amazing.

Glad to have you back and look forward to watching the thread.
  12. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

I'm really looking forward to someone with actual building skills building some of the houses in Whiterun, do you plan on rebuilding room for room?
  13. PuLSe Cactus King

So...seriously thinking about leaving after almost 8,000 posts? Draco, dude, this guy needs your help to stick around... you gotta look into this Whiterun... I dunno what it is myself, but now I want to...
  14. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

A place where dreams come true.
    Also you must sneak the underforge in there, with active stone maybe.
  15. Draco Stryfe Cave Bat

It's good to be back! The ships were definitely an interesting build. I spent 2 days underwater on Pulse's server and I had blue burnt into my retina's for a while after that.. I look forward to the feedback from you on my builds.

Whhaatttt?!?! You don't know Skyrim??? If you have never played Skyrim, google "Skyrim whiterun" and look at the images. That is also just only one city of many that I need to try and make... :confused: Not sure what I'm getting myself into.

I don't know about building skills, it's just Skyrim has a lot that is within my building style. I really like the old Nordic style of building and I have worked with a lot of other very talented builders who I have tried to learn from.

In regards to "what is being built from Whiterun City?" I'm not sure. Dragonsreach is done as well as the Gildergreen area, but with this being in 2D it is really hard to build the entire city without making it extremely long to include every house. I have thought about certain places like the apothecary, smith, Grey-mane house, breezehome, and maybe the Kynareth Temple. I'm also trying to figure out a way to put in Jorrvasker and the skyforge/underforge. Any ideas?
    Also, don't go!! I need Skyrim feedback!
  16. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Jorrvasker should be just a smallish hall above ground, then all the living arrea underneath just like in game. Then for the forge I would make the grass path bridge upward to it so that you can just walk underneath it. Then the underforge would be slightly diagonally down and slightly in to the ground. If you know what I mean. Also cover it in active brick and put the switch somewhere in Jorrvasker.
  17. Draco Stryfe Cave Bat

Since the Escher theme was pushed out again, I am going to go ahead and just post my build for that compendium now and will submit it later. This one was a tricky build and I still think I could have done a better job at it. I used MS paint to place my character at the different angles. The original Escher drawing is below as well for comparison. If you would like the Schematic, a copy of it has been included in the OP.

Day Version: [IMG]

Original Escher Drawing:
    [IMG]
  18. Voyager Crimera

That's awesome!
    Draco Stryfe likes this.
  19. PuLSe Cactus King

Nice! That build is... un-possible to do, but you did a great job:)
    Draco Stryfe likes this.
  20. Draco Stryfe Cave Bat

Well... I have decided to pick back up my torch for my Skyrim Map series. This is going to be quite a challenge as I am thinking of making individual maps for each of the Holds in the Skyrim game, complete with similar terraforming and architecture.

This current picture is just an overall map view of the Hold of Whiterun. I am still working on the terraforming as I go and I am also adding in the points of interest that I think will make the map more interesting. A lot of the city of Whiterun is unchanged from my original posts and between the mountain range is the start of Riverwood. At the moment I am planning on building High Hrothgar on the Throat of the World to the East, as well as Bleakfalls Barrow (even though this belongs in the Falkreath Hold. Far to the West will be Rorikstead. Everything else is definitely up in the air and suggestions are definitely most welcome.

Whiterun - Hold Map:
    [IMG]

Riverwood (Sawmill):
    [IMG]

Riverwood Trader and Blacksmith:
    [IMG]

All of my current Whiterun (City) pictures are in my first post. I look forward to any and all comments/suggestions!
    PuLSe, Sercease and Eldoro like this.