TConfig Dual Wielding : The Art Of Two

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Yoraiz0r, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

THIS MOD IS BROKEN UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

This has been last built for [tConfig 27.5] , I left the 27.1 version available for download...

Introduction
    Hello Everyone.......
    Yorai here!
    Proud to introduce this mod.........for the third time I think?
    Dual Wielding : The Art Of Two! (DW TAO2 for short)

This will PROBABLY (underlined PROBABLY) the last version of my Dual Wielding mod.
    I have tried , for over 2 hours of testing , to see if it crashes or bugs out. (and it didn't :rolleyes:)

Description
    Dual Wielding : The Art Of Two is the final mod in the series of dual wielding mods I made over my time around the forums (see Skilled , CMHQ DW , Re-Skilled DW2 for history references)

Over the timeline , many have found bugs in my dual wielding code , it always either crashed to some portions of the community , failed to work on multiplayer , and stuff like that.

Hell , it even made me stop modding for about 2 weeks or so out of confidence loss & depression. (stares at all the reporters of Object not set to instance of an object errors)

So after tConfig 27.1 came out , in which the biggest crash source got fixed , I decided to rewrite my dual wielding so that it will be 100% crash free , and 100% bug free.

Guess what? I succeeded. (Fun fact : This is the 5th rewrite of dual wielding , making it Dual Wielding v6.0)

What Does This Mod Do
    Dual Wielding : The Art Of Two allows the player to simultaneously(at the same time) use two items from his/her inventory at ease , without any loses to stats or penalties.

By placing an item in the most-right (offhand) slot in your hotbar , noted by the number '0' (zero) and hitting the right mouse button anywhere in the world , in game , you can use the said item while simultaneously using the primary(left-mouse) hand item.

The latter allows you to use anything with everything at the same time and give you much more utility then the basic game mechanics allow.

The most prime example for an early game dual wielding efficiency is holding a torch in your main hand , and a pickaxe in your offhand , allowing for easy exploration underground!

Also , if you equip an item that uses ammo in the offhand , it will read the ammo section of the inventory in reverse while searching for ammo , allowing you to use to different ammo types from the same kind of shooting items at once when dual wielded!

It also works in multiplayer!

How Does It Do It
    The mod rapes up the system code-wise, enough said.

Some Media About It (feel free to contribute)
    [IMG]
    Dual wielding Light Discs in main hand and Rainbow Rod in offhand , so much utility of hitting.

[IMG]
    Dual wielding Night's Bane in offhand and Excalibur in main hand , a truly awesome combo.

[IMG]
    Dual wielding Hallowed Repeater in main hand followed by a megashark in the offhand , I would run away if I was fighting me.

[IMG]
    Holding two megasharks here , one shoots out the crystal bullets while the other shoots cursed bullets , allowing you to squeeze the most utility possible out of your shooting items~

So Where Can I Get It???
    Download is attached to the post, built for tConfig 27.1 / 27.5 , note that its broke on the latest tConfig (or anything over tConfig 31)

Attached Files:

2. Tim Hjersted Arapaima

First! *Cookie earned*

References...

Congrats Yorai! This is one hell-of-an-accomplishment. That bug was a mighty foe... the arch-nemesis of all modded Terraria lovers.. as DW is without a doubt the most awesome mod mechanic ever and forever that will be created for this game. Cheers!
    Wingzero007 and Yoraiz0r like this.
  3. Oranje THE Orange Troll

That´s great! Can one Dual-Wield 2 of the same weapons?
  4. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

Yup. you can dual wield everything and anything together at the same time.
  5. FranMAD Doctor Bones

Dual Megashark.
    'nuff said.

Great mod :p
  6. Razor Knight Mushi Ladybug

This looks fun. I'll try it out.

But first, to gather materials and forge fifty Gungnirs, one may have the Legendary prefix. It's not a bug, it's a feature!

Or... Wait... Hell yeah, ten light discs.

I need to make me a new character and call him Salvador now. What Borderlands reference?
    gNetkamiko and Yoraiz0r like this.
  7. Panthera Tigris Altaica Blazing Wheel

There was something odd with the melee dual wielding. The offhand weapon swings slower with more melee attack speed. Was this intentional?
  8. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

uhm , not to pop your bubble or anything....... but boomerang projectiles in general have a restriction where the item cannot be used if there's more then X of its projectile already on the map (in this case , more then 5 light discs owned by the same owner cannot be out on the map at the same time) , you'll still be shooting them out faster , though!...

This existed in the first dual wielding i'd ever made.......this one shouldn't have this bug (no , its not intentional) , which weapons were you using in which slots? (also what tConfig version)

Edit: I just equipped two 'The Breaker' without prefixes , feral claws and full shadowscale set , they swing at the exact same speed.
  9. Razor Knight Mushi Ladybug

Oh well. I'll settle for dual, huge, impossibly-forged spears, too. Hope the RNG is in a good mood today.
    Yoraiz0r likes this.
  10. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

I totally forgot to mention , when you dual wield , and the offhand item is an item that uses ammo , it will read the ammo section of the inventory in reverse while searching for ammo! (allowing you to use 2 different ammo types with the same gun at once)

edit : Added this information on the op.
  11. Razor Knight Mushi Ladybug

Holy Cursed bullets, Batman! //Nobody saw this coming.
  12. Chroma-Equinox Yellow Slime

Hey Tim, any chance you'll update The Story of Red Cloud with the new updated DW mod? I personally never had any crashes but some do/did by the sound of it.
  13. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

Uhm , this is not Tim's thread , and he already posted up a version with the latest dual wielding in it... please watch where you post in the future =o
  14. FranMAD Doctor Bones

So.. Dual Megashark.. with different ammo... Holly mother of God!

EDIT: 300 posts, Yay!
  15. Panthera Tigris Altaica Blazing Wheel

Two Legendary Excaliburs in slots 1 and 0. Blackout thinks it was version 2.55 at the time.
  16. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

so wait , you're not even talking about THIS version of dual wielding? =x
  17. Panthera Tigris Altaica Blazing Wheel

Oh wait, it just looked like it was swinging slower. And didn't check the version. (_ _U)
  18. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

So....... just making sure before I suicide due to depression that its failing........... THIS version of dual wielding WORKS FINE , RIGHT??? ~.~
    Arkhalis likes this.
  19. Chroma-Equinox Yellow Slime

...Yes, I realize this is not Tim's thread, i was just wondering if he was planning on releasing the The Story of Red Cloud with this NEW version of the dual-wield mod as an updated version of the map.
  20. Panthera Tigris Altaica Blazing Wheel

YES IT WORKS COMPLETELY FINE, THANK YOU. Sorry, had to shout in caps because you did.

It works so well with dual Megashark! Blackout approves of this mod and reccomends it to all modders!
    Yoraiz0r likes this.