PC Duke Fishron and The Aquarian Horde!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Cenx, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cenx

Cenx Creative Director Staff Member

Greetings Terrarians!

As we escape the icy grip of Winter’s cold months and look forward to a Spring of hope and life, we wanted to bring to your attention an imminent threat...lurking in the shadows. For you see, though the horrors of the Pumpkin and Frost Moons now lay safely behind us, an even greater evil awaits those adventurers brave enough to take up arms and fight for the very survival of Terraria.

Without further ado, we wish to give an advance “sneak peek” into some specifics around the close of the “Lunar Trilogy” – and the game’s main story arc itself – the Rise of Fishron!

This will be the final major update to Terraria’s core gameplay, including the addition of a final boss worthy of Terraria and the community that has supported it over the years.

A few quick tidbits to whet your appetite:

Utilizing the new fishing gameplay mechanic will allow the player to interact with a number of new items and creatures – and when certain prerequisites are met, summon the Conch of Fish!

Once the CoF has been defeated, the Ocean Biome will be transformed as the ancient and hidden enemy of all life on Terraria rises from the briny deep – the Aquarian Horde!

The Aquarian Horde, utilizing the power of the Tidal Moon, will seek to destroy all that the player has created! A combination Invasion and penultimate Moon Event, players must fend off the advances of the Aquarians – keeping NPCs alive and buildings intact – until the final showdown is revealed.

Utilizing your skill, wits, and a handful of amazing new gear, you will work towards the ultimate showdown with Terraria’s Ultimate Evil….

DUKE FISHRON!!!!

DukeFishron.png

Duke Fishron – the Drowner of Souls and Quencher of Life Itself - will clearly represent a challenge worthy of even the most skilled Terrarian warrior.

Empowered by the rising Tidal Moon, Duke Fishron will wield a litany of devastating attacks against the player – including Bubble Bombs and the dreaded Sharknado Assault.

During the Sharknado, the player is pelted mercilessly with Vampiric Megalodons ripped from the depths of the deepest oceans while the violent swirling winds protect Duke Fishron from many of Terraria’s legendary weapons. Yes, even the mighty North Pole will see its snowflakes swept away ineffectually. In addition, the Sharknado will easily pluck players from places of safety…especially the “pointy” ones.

Making matters worse, Duke Fishron believes in fair and balanced competition: the Tidal Moon and Duke Fishron will be scalable – so even having a team of stalwart compatriots will not avail you.

Duke Fishron possesses power far beyond what Terrarians have faced to-date, and we do not suspect everyone will be up to the challenge.

For those that fail, a slow death at the bottom of a watery abyss awaits – after all, sometimes evil wins.

Prepare now, for the Tidal Moon and the Days of Aquaria draw near!

2. Sable

Sable Wandering Eye

This is amazing!
    EDIT: ...except how do we know this isn't a prank?
    EDIT 2: I'm stupid. "Sharknado"? Definitely fake.
    EDIT 3: WHAT?!?!? FIRST?!?!? Awesome! Pretty good considering I JUST got on when I found the thread!
    EDIT 4: And it's my 1500th post, no less! This is a date to be recorded in the history books!

3. CyclopsDragon

CyclopsDragon Cursed Man

Dang, can't wait until this update hits!

4. ChippyGaming

ChippyGaming Wandering Eye

April fools, the actual update is just a D-make of Duke Nukem 3D.

5. Not sure if Joke of the Day or not. Either way, this is really well thought out.

6. Kite999

Kite999 Zombie

So, how much you want to bet this is an April Fool's joke?

7. Razor Knight

Razor Knight Mushi Ladybug

I feel like singing a song right now. One by Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

I think it was called "Love Trollercoaster" :D ;)

8. Phantom139

Phantom139 Mouse

You had me convinced until "Sharknado". Nice one.

9. SeanThomas2

SeanThomas2 Angel Statue

tell us about the console update please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. ToaRex1234

ToaRex1234 Mouse

sadly I'm 99% sure this is a prank

11. I don't know. They kinda won me back with the "scalable boss fights" thing.

ScaryJello likes this.
  12. Cenx

Search the forums. I have been talking about Sharknado for a while now.

13. Red H20

Red H20 Cursed Skull

"Woah, a new post by Cenx! Gee willikers, I wonder what it could be about!" *reads post* *looks at date* *cries internally*

14. They don't handle the console update so don't bother bugging them. There's really nothing they can do.

polarhifly, Gmodlol61 and TehDarkNoob like this.
  15. SzGamer227

SzGamer227 Moth

I haven't even read this yet, but I'm sooo excited to get to it!

I just have to secure my spot on the first page before I do anything else...

EDIT: 15th place isn't so bad...

16. SzGamer227

SzGamer227 Moth

HOLY FRACK

I THOUGHT YOU WERE KIDDING ABOUT SHARKNADO

17. Cenx

I would NEVER joke about Sharknado.

18. QuackersDelta

QuackersDelta Fungi Bulb

19. haedcrusher

haedcrusher Slimed Zombie