[Early-released WIP] TerrAsia Mod

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Kalcipher, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Kalcipher

Kalcipher Clinger

TerrAsia Mod
    Welcome to TerrAsia! This mod focuses on adding oriental-styled content to the game. It's still in a very early state of development, so suggestions are taken. If you come with a suggestion, please be clear and check the spoiler in the bottom of the page, to see whether your idea has already been suggested.

Items (open)

Katana
    Training Katana.png Fine Steel Katana.png Jade Katana.png Hellforged Katana.png
    These have auto-swing and a pretty fast speed. They use mana but deal melee weapon damage.
    They will also heal you as you attack. The Training Katana is crafted from 5 iron bars and 4 wood, the Fine Steel Katana from 8 iron bars, 2 silver bars and 1 gold bar. The Jade one is crafted from stingers and jungle spores and the Hellforged Katana is crafted from hellstone bars. Their damage is respectively (in the same order as the pictures) 10/15/24/29ยจ
    Chigiriki​
    Copper Chigiriki.png Iron Chigiriki.png Silver Chigiriki.png Gold Chigiriki.png
    These are flail weapons, but Asia-style! They are crafted from 5 of their respective bars and 1 iron chain. They will be your best friend when fighting the Eater of Worlds.
    They deal respectively (in order of the pictures) 8/9/10/11 damage. They also have alot other minor increases to other stats.​
    Qiang​
    Simple Qiang.png Strangely Familiar Qiang.png
    These are spears, but once again Asia-style! The Simple Qiang is crafted from 6 iron bars, while the other is crafted from 10 demonite and 5 shadow scales. The Simple Qiang deals 9 damage, while the Strangely Familiar Qiang deals 16.​
    Duan Dao and Blade of the Jade Serpent:​
    Duan Dao.png
    This is an average speed sword, which deals 14 damage. It's crafted from 5 silver bars, 2 wood and 1 fallen star.​
    Blade of the Jade Serpent.png
    This is the jungle equivalent of Duan Dao. Far Stronger. Deals 27 damage.​
    Upgrade-able Jo:​
    Wooden Jo.png Wooden Bo.png Guan Dao.png Green Dragon Crescent.png Blade of the Fiery Tiger.png
    This weapon can be upgraded from Wooden Jo, through Wooden Bo, Guan Dao, Green Dragon Crescent and Blade of the Fiery Tiger. They deal respectively (in the order listed) 6/9/17/25/31 damage.​
    Ame no Ohabari:​
    Ame no Ohabari.png
    This weapon is a hundred percent drop from Wall of Flesh. It deals 40 damage at a pretty fast speed, has auto-swing but consumes mana. It also has a minor chance to set you on fire for 10 seconds, causing 40 damage. However, it sets enemies on fire for a whopping five seconds!​
    Shuriken:​
    Iron Shuriken.png
    Shuriken can now be crafted from copper, iron, silver and gold. They will of course be differently colored in-game.​
    They deal 9/11/12/14 damage.​
    Fans:​
    Fan of the Gusting Wind.png Fan of the Darkened Wind.png
    These will fire very fast at enemies, dealing magic damage but consuming no mana. (Ironic, isn't it?) The lower tier one is dropped from zombies, the other is crafted from 3 demonite​
    bars.​
    The Fan of the Gusting Wind deals 2 damage, while The Fan of the Darkened Wind deals 5.​
    Shinobi Shozoku:​
    Guide Ninja.png
    An upgradable armor crafted from silk. 10 silk each piece. It boosts your ranged attributes and your movement speed, while also giving some neat effects! It doesn't grant much armor, but boosts health regeneration instead.​

Download is in the attachments, by the way.​

Install (open)

Suggestions (open)

Asian Furniture
    Hostile Samurai NPC at night.
    Hostile Ninja NPC at night.
    Ninja Clothes [In Progress]

BTW: I'm not from Asia, I just like Asian weapons.

Attached Files:

EpicCriddle, m31k and Space Sphere like this.
  2. Space Sphere

Space Sphere Fire Imp

Nice ideas there. The mana cost for the training katana should be VERY LOW, so as to make it a viable weapon for people with only 20-40 mana.

3. Kalcipher

Kalcipher Clinger

The mana cost is already at 1, :D

Space Sphere likes this.
  4. Space Sphere

Space Sphere Fire Imp

Ah, very good.

5. Kalcipher

Kalcipher Clinger

Does nobody have any suggestions? I will go on to hardmode with these basic items, but I feel like making something new.

For your interest, this is a suggestion thread. That means that instead of writing random crap, you could actually suggest some items! Besides; there are seven Japanese items, three from Singapore and the rest from china. I know that there's more to Asia, but this mod is more like oriental. The reason it isn't called terrorient is because that would sound stupid. Go on, whine some more.
    :p

6. Gabriel91SatanGod

Gabriel91SatanGod Cursed Skull

Well i just noticed, but don't you think most of the crap are actually not detailed? Speed is not said. Attack damage, Attack knockback, any effects, any downsides. Its all not good.

7. Kalcipher

Kalcipher Clinger

You are wrong once again, please read the original post, and comment again when you've realised that speed is written, damage is as balanced as I can make it, effects are written. However; knockback isn't written, but it would seem too much to write it, except if something had extraordinary knockback.

EDIT: By the way, about the first post, if there are any items you would like to have in the mod, just tell me. I will add them if i think it's a good idea.

8. Stackerzgame

Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

Asian furniture perhaps? Terraria already has some, but there is always more

9. MiraiMai

MiraiMai Hell Bat

I was actually planning something like this, yay another one off my list :p If need help just ask.

As for suggestions, here's some plans I had:
    -After beating King Slime, a Ninja NPC can join your town, sells Shurikens, Kunai(upgraded throwning knives), others
    -Hardmode "King Corruption", large purple slime, has a Samurai floating inside of it, drops Samurai vanity set
    -After beating King Corruption, a Samurai NPC can join your town, sells related weaponry and accessories
    -A bunch of enemies themed on eastern myths and legends

Never actually started working on this, but if need help don't be afraid to ask through PMs or Steam :p

10. Gabriel91SatanGod

By that, i mean like.

15% damage
    20% Speed
    No knockback

11. Kalcipher

Kalcipher Clinger

Neither damage nor speed can be estimated in percent, so I figured what I did was the best to do, without creating a wall of text. Remember that this thread isn't a wiki. (If the mod gets popular, (which is unlikely) I may add a wiki.)

12. Gabriel91SatanGod

I'm not asking for things like this, i'm asking for details! If you do not add stats, the weapon in the game would haywire!

13. Kalcipher

Kalcipher Clinger

What details are you looking for? I think I've written the important details when looking on the original post.

14. MashiroSora

MashiroSora Snow Flinx

i think he wants stuff like:

Wood Katana
    14 Melee Damage
    Insanely Fast
    no knockback
    Random Description

The way it is in game... well thats my guess
    would still be a wall of text but i think the damage could be somewhere in the post

you have to explain it better.. also just because you are too lazy to just craft the items and look for yourself if the item is worth it or not, you dont have to demand a detailed description of each single item/weapon/tool.
    in my opinion it already is pretty detailed.. the only thing that would be a valuable information is the damage of each weapon.

15. Kalcipher

Kalcipher Clinger

Got it, and will do.

16. Gabriel91SatanGod

Mashiro, real reviewers want to see if the mod is worthy to review, what if you encounted a mod that has NO STATS, NO NOTHING. Would you want to download it? No! (Unless you are a worthless piece of crap that has no sense of taste.

17. Kalcipher

Kalcipher Clinger

You're not making any sense at all. No matter whether they're listed on the early-released and W.I.P. thread, doesn't mean they don't exist. Besides; damage isn't all that important when the mod-creator tells you they're balanced.
    Besides; please keep your profanity and ad hominem to a minimum. Don't expect all perfect things when it clearly states
    early-released and W.I.P!
    Thank you for understanding. :D

18. MashiroSora

MashiroSora Snow Flinx

thats pretty offending..
    i would download any mods that seem interesting..
    also why including reviewers? real reviewers should review stuff they want to review.. its not like its their job to review terraria mods.. it doesnt make sense to review a mod if they dont even like it.. and to see if they like it they would have to play with the mod... (thats what they would have to do anyway if they want to make reviews with videos)
    your argument is invalid

M2TheT likes this.
  19. Gabriel91SatanGod

If you plan to have this a mod, you should write everything down on a piece of paper, reread for mistakes, destroy all mistakes and make a perfect thread instead of a half assed thought-on-the-spot crap.

Edit: How do you know it's balanced, no one has told you that.

20. Kalcipher

Kalcipher Clinger

If you still do not understand after this post, I will give up. Then you're a lost cause.
    Now, one thing at a time. Here goes:

This is already a mod, thank you.

That's exactly what I'm gonna do (except I'm not using paper), when this mod is not in an EARLY-RELEASED WIP STAGE (Caps were to highlight my point) Besides; be more clear about exactly what mistakes you're talking about.