error:please launch the game from your steam client

Discussion in 'In-Game Support Archive' started by shipoopie, Aug 15, 2011.

1. shipoopie Cursed Skull

i have my terraria shortcut in this thing called gamebox, its a game booster that makes it so all my games run at top speed possible. i simply just have to make a shortcut of the game and drag it into game box. now for some reason its saying to launch terraria from steam client whenever i open the game from game box or even directly from the terraria folder. which is weird since when i open up the shortcut it opens the steam thing showing its loading and then it says that error. this is the first time I've had the problem and I've always launched terraria from game box before with no issues.
    anyone have a solution?
    i do not want to have to open steam up every time i want to play the game if i don't have to.

i dunno if this is in right forum if its not please move it
  2. Fiss Cursed Skull

Yeah, you need to launch it with the shortcut you got while installing it. If you no longer have it (or never did), just launch it from Steam, it should work. If the error still pops out, then restart your computer, it might just fix it ;)
  3. shipoopie Cursed Skull

i tried restarting it still doesn't fix it, it wont open from the original shortcut or from inside steam library, no matter where i try to open it from it tells me to launch game with steam client.
  4. Fiss Cursed Skull

Then I don't know, it happened to me like 3 or 4 times, and restarting always fixed it. Sorry!
  5. shipoopie Cursed Skull

okay well thanks for trying i will just re install and see if it works then, right now I've been playing with the texture pack thing

edit: seems to be working when i launch it from steam now so looks like I'm not allowed to be lazy anymore >=D